Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

DeltaBos
01.05.2014 , 06:43 PM | #1661
Ran Hammer Station Normal mode the other day. I was healer. I got a guardian tank in dps stance who would run up to a target, then wouldn't do anything. I got a sentinel who was running ahead and pulling agro. Finally, a dps who was healing. We wiped on the 4th mob several time. I asked the sentinel to stop pulling, the tank to get into tank stance, and the other dps to start dpsing. They told me to stop being "bossy" and that we were doing fine. I left the group finder group.
Query: Is there someone that you need killed master?

grrrly
01.06.2014 , 06:35 AM | #1662
A sorc dps joined our DP story mode run to replace someone who had left when we got to the last boss. When they zoned in, we saw that they had almost no achievements for ops or flashpoints. Not ideal, but not a deal breaker. They had pretty low health, wearing pvp gear with green relics and a blue offhand. We started to worry. And then we noticed that they were using a fortitude sim....

ALMAINYNY
01.06.2014 , 09:18 AM | #1663
Had a somewhat interesting run of Storymode Ahiss yesterday. Group was myself (Healer Sorc), DPS Assassin, some type of Imperial Agent, and a Tank Powertech. Everything was going smoothly until we hit the Beast of Vodal Kressh, The PT says, "You guys know the cave trick?" He leads us off to this cave nearby and tells us to wait. All of a sudden, he's got the boss in tow and his adds with him. We're all sitting in there, killing everything as best we can, getting knocked around all over the place, and my healing resources are getting stretched thin (no AoE heals), and further, this was my second flashpoint being a dedicated healer in, so that made it all that much worse. We get through the fight with everyone on their last legs. I ask the PT why he did that and he says, "Less adds and no getting thrown around. it's a HM tactic." He then remembered that AoE heals were mainly required for that strat to be more effective. Not doing that again until I've got better healing abilities.
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force

midianlord
01.06.2014 , 01:24 PM | #1664
Had a Directive 7 [HARD] yesterday.

Our Jedi Guardian "tank" was in full damager PvP gear with not one jot of mitigation on it. (But at least he remembered to switch to tanking-stance as we were loading-in.)

And we still just nuked it down, even though our healer was a fairly fresh level 50, whilst he rest of us were well-geared 55s.

Yeah: EAWare, please make the "classic" 50 hard-modes harder, that kind of derp should be rewarded appropriately.

Czerka Corporate Labs, normal mode:

Stupid fem-smasher Cartel Market clothes-horse Sentinel running way ahead of everyone, pulling everything on the damned map as fast as possible.

I typed in /party.

Me: "Could you please stop pulling everything on the *********** map for long enough so we can get the security cards (it won't let you pick them up if the group is in combat.)?"

She: "But it's more fun this way..."

Sure enough, about 10 seconds later: (Stupid smash-idiot) HAS BEEN DEFEATED.

Finally, I can grab the card! Cards grabbed, finally, jump down, fight the droid, I get final-blow courtesy of the lovely, lovely, SPEED SHOT! (<---the caps are deliberate: That ability is just so brilliantly fun and awesome). I only just didn't /emote "/me snickers at (stupid smash-twit)" in /party, but maybe I should have?

Then on to Security Chief Zokar...

Of course this twit is like 100m ahead of the group along with her chump of a buddy, they enter Zokar's room...and start the fight before the rest of us could get to it, locking us (my Sharp-Slinger and a DPS Shadow) out of the fight. And, they proceeded to nuke Zokar down just fine.

It just goes to show:

A) Anyone can get geared nowadays.

B) The CZ-198 normal modes are much too easy. That kind of idiocy should not be forgiven in level-cap content.

Just as an aside:

I like that he hard versions of these instances are actually hard. Be well geared, know the mechanics --these are all pretty strict "mechanics-based" fights-- play correctly to your class and your role, and you'll get 'er done, but you might still die once or twice along the way. More of this please, EAWare, just fix Zokar's rubber-banding one-shot bug first.

Just as another aside:

Has anyone, ever, met a smasher/sweeper with a brain in their head? I keep hearing that such a thing exists, but it might as well be moose-feathers for how often I've seen them (hint: Never).
Proud "elitist." Even more proud to be an un-reconstructed "gaming-culture snob."
Merc and 'Slinger 4 life
Spoiler

mbfhl
01.06.2014 , 06:07 PM | #1665
Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post
Had a Directive 7 [HARD] yesterday.

Our Jedi Guardian "tank" was in full damager PvP gear with not one jot of mitigation on it. (But at least he remembered to switch to tanking-stance as we were loading-in.)

And we still just nuked it down, even though our healer was a fairly fresh level 50, whilst he rest of us were well-geared 55s.

Yeah: EAWare, please make the "classic" 50 hard-modes harder, that kind of derp should be rewarded appropriately.

Stupid fem-smasher Cartel Market clothes-horse Sentinel running way ahead of everyone, pulling everything on the damned map as fast as possible.

I typed in /party.

Me: "Could you please stop pulling everything on the *********** map for long enough so we can get the security cards (it won't let you pick them up if the group is in combat.)?"

Finally, I can grab the card! Cards grabbed, finally, jump down, fight the droid, I get final-blow courtesy of the lovely, lovely, SPEED SHOT! (<---the caps are deliberate: That ability is just so brilliantly fun and awesome). I only just didn't /emote "/me snickers at (stupid smash-twit)" in /party, but maybe I should have?

Of course this twit is like 100m ahead of the group along with her chump of a buddy, they enter Zokar's room...and start the fight before the rest of us could get to it, locking us (my Sharp-Slinger and a DPS Shadow) out of the fight. And, they proceeded to nuke Zokar down just fine.

It just goes to show:

B) The CZ-198 normal modes are much too easy. That kind of idiocy should not be forgiven in level-cap content.

Just as an aside:

I like that he hard versions of these instances are actually hard. Be well geared, know the mechanics --these are all pretty strict "mechanics-based" fights-- play correctly to your class and your role, and you'll get 'er done, but you might still die once or twice along the way. More of this please, EAWare, just fix Zokar's rubber-banding one-shot bug first.

Just as another aside:

Has anyone, ever, met a smasher/sweeper with a brain in their head? I keep hearing that such a thing exists, but it might as well be moose-feathers for how often I've seen them (hint: Never).
Hey there. I'm the chump buddy.

You do realise that the SM CZ FPs are for 2 people (read: TWO). We had FOUR (4) people in the group, meaning we had twice as much people than necessary for the flashpoint. To be completely honest, we only queued to get the pop to save us walking in. Oh, and if you think we're "anyone", have you checked our achievements? Bet we've done more content than you :/

idnewton
01.06.2014 , 10:19 PM | #1666
Quote: Originally Posted by mbfhl View Post
Hey there. I'm the chump buddy.

You do realise that the SM CZ FPs are for 2 people (read: TWO). We had FOUR (4) people in the group, meaning we had twice as much people than necessary for the flashpoint. To be completely honest, we only queued to get the pop to save us walking in. Oh, and if you think we're "anyone", have you checked our achievements? Bet we've done more content than you :/
Really?? Pro tip: don't tell people what a boss you are when you're running storymode flashpoints. I've done more content than both you and your 'bud'. How does that make you feel? Not very good, eh? Because you're motivated by pride, and nothing else. Get over yourself.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'

Deadlynits
01.06.2014 , 10:21 PM | #1667
Quote: Originally Posted by ALMAINYNY View Post
Had a somewhat interesting run of Storymode Ahiss yesterday. Group was myself (Healer Sorc), DPS Assassin, some type of Imperial Agent, and a Tank Powertech. Everything was going smoothly until we hit the Beast of Vodal Kressh, The PT says, "You guys know the cave trick?" He leads us off to this cave nearby and tells us to wait. All of a sudden, he's got the boss in tow and his adds with him. We're all sitting in there, killing everything as best we can, getting knocked around all over the place, and my healing resources are getting stretched thin (no AoE heals), and further, this was my second flashpoint being a dedicated healer in, so that made it all that much worse. We get through the fight with everyone on their last legs. I ask the PT why he did that and he says, "Less adds and no getting thrown around. it's a HM tactic." He then remembered that AoE heals were mainly required for that strat to be more effective. Not doing that again until I've got better healing abilities.
Actually, that is easier way(cave trick) to clear that boss. though not needed for SM run unless the group aws struggling with mobs before reaching there or you(healer) was low level and undergeared. but its not bad choice. you wont get extra small dogs(adds) in there. otherwise you will have to kill around 4-5 small mob which spawns during that fight.

mbfhl
01.07.2014 , 12:13 AM | #1668
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Really?? Pro tip: don't tell people what a boss you are when you're running storymode flashpoints. I've done more content than both you and your 'bud'. How does that make you feel? Not very good, eh? Because you're motivated by pride, and nothing else. Get over yourself.
All I've gotta say - lol. You don't know me.

ALMAINYNY
01.07.2014 , 12:14 AM | #1669
Quote: Originally Posted by Deadlynits View Post
Actually, that is easier way(cave trick) to clear that boss. though not needed for SM run unless the group aws struggling with mobs before reaching there or you(healer) was low level and undergeared. but its not bad choice. you wont get extra small dogs(adds) in there. otherwise you will have to kill around 4-5 small mob which spawns during that fight.
True, and that tank left out one crucial detail: we were supposed to stand behind the boss, which we didn't do. That said, I ran it again today with the same strat (in this case, we stood behind the boss as he tanked him in the cave), and did just fine. I also did it with another group doing it the normal way and had no issues healing. So I guess he just wanted to not deal with the adds.
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force

Asari-tears
01.07.2014 , 01:04 AM | #1670
Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post

I typed in /party. Me: "Could you please stop pulling everything on the *********** map for long enough so we can get the security cards (it won't let you pick them up if the group is in combat.)?"

It just goes to show:

Just as an aside:

Just as another aside:
lol even the HM version of Labs isn't that hard if you have a group in full Oriconian/DF gear. Which brings me to my next point... Sure "anyone" can get geared. That's what happens when you make the best rated gear available with mere ult comms at a vendor. However, that doesn't mean everyone in oriconian/DF gear is just "anyone". That's a fallacy on your part and calling someone such just because they didn't take a story mode flashpoint seriously is a bit douchey of you. It is funny that they were defeated right after saying "it's more fun this way" but that clearly shows to me that they indeed weren't taking this flashpoint seriously. And so they shouldn't have to. Like someone else said it's a +2 flashpoint lol.. Now if this were a HM dread op and they were acting this way, sure call them "anyone" all you like. But there's a BIG difference between hm DF/DP and cz labs SM lol.

Now the problem isn't the fact that they make end-game content easy. The problem is that they brought out CZ so close to 2.4 that the challenge of CZ didn't last very long. They also nerfed a lot of the bosses in CZ hm labs that, as i said before, it's not even hard in HM anymore. I remember when the droid boss took two or three wipes to down. and when Zoker's missiles would take half your health even when you weren't in the circle. Might not be fair, but it was more challenging, therefore more fun.

Lastly, no matter who these people were, not once have you complained about them attacking u directly for saying what you said at the start, and there's a *lot* of people on SWTOR that would not only play like buttheads but speak and treat you like a butthead as well.. So for you to come onto these forums and talk smack about these people behind their backs when you didn't even have the courage to simply emote a snicker at them is extremely cowardice of you.

PS- There are a lot of good focus Sents out there. Half the reason they get called mere "smash-monkeys" are instances such as this where they don't play properly and get ridiculed for it. The other half is because of PvP lol.
Wishes | Jacira Lova | Squeezo | Atowel
Co-GM of <Fuse>
"A candle loses nothing of it's light by lighting another candle."