Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.


psandak's Avatar


psandak
01.02.2014 , 08:44 PM | #1641
So I queue for a level 50FP (either SM or HM) (on my level 50 Gunnery Commando; like that matters), I get into HM D7. We're chugging along about to hit the second boss and suddenly the healer says that he's sorry but running a fp like it is pre-2.0 is disturbing and quits.

The rest of us were dumbstruck.

Any thoughts?

shyninja's Avatar


shyninja
01.02.2014 , 09:35 PM | #1642
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
I noticed that not everybody agrees about the ripping mods question. Since I dont think people can agree about this I'll let it rest with agreeing to disagree.



This can work indeed. You will have 1 problem. Thats the one where I got targeted by the droid on my melee dps. If I remained at the boss I would have been stunned and most likely died.
I tend to learn people the correct and most safe way of running flashpoints. Seems more logical to me.



Lets agree to disagree about ripping mods. If you want to gear a lowbe tank I would suggest the folowing instead. This is allready more tankier by the extra HP you get out of it.
Lets see the differences here for a level 29
DPS-gear (38 strenght - 32 end - 18 power)
Tankgear (29 strenght - 43 end - 10 power)


You're correct. In this case I wasnt generous. Why would I be if someone calls me a **** who must suck *****? He also didnt asked to trade for it. The chat I linked was the only convo we had.
If someone ninja's stuff away I almost never force them to trade it with me. I do whisper them about it and try to explain them the correct way of gearing.

Killing the handler first is the correct strategy in Cad SM. Once the handler is dead the bot dies. If the bot is coming after you, then you run around to avoid it. Once bot targets someone else you can head back to the handler.

Mod ripping has varied opinions. Pre 35 Gear, there is little to no specific tank gear that drops in flashpoints. So it was right for the tank to roll on a heavy armor strength gear.

But even so you both of you could have used the mods. In that case , etiquette rule i see most people go by is to ask the group members if its OK to roll. (i personally believe that the person who can use the entire thing gets the priority, but i understand it'll vary)

Vollzenhein's Avatar


Vollzenhein
01.02.2014 , 11:04 PM | #1643
Most of the posts here are pointing out the weird happenings they observed in someone else, but here is an Flashpoint PUGing experience that I think can also be qualified as "weird".

Last fight of Athiss HM the group and I each took a turn singing (read: typing) the lines of Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire" when the fire spheres came out. Great run that ended quit humorously.
Tanks: Assassin & Powertech; Healers: Operative/Scoundrel & Mercenary/Commando & Sorcerer/Sage; DPS: Sniper & Marauder & all previous..

midianlord's Avatar


midianlord
01.02.2014 , 11:21 PM | #1644
Quote: Originally Posted by DalekTheCat View Post
aww hells no

My dps queues can be 30 minutes on a good day or 90 minutes on a bad. Sometimes during this wait I need to do Other Things, like relieve myself. No way am I leaving a queue that epic every time a cat needs to go outside, or the mail comes, or whatever else happens to need my attention for a couple of minutes.

Yesterday I was in queue for over an hour when I needed to deal with something intimate, and when I came back I had been removed from the queue. I facepalmed, logged out, got on my healer, and entertained myself with an instant pop.
I would assume you'd know you weren't going to be back anytime soon. I mean, really, it's two mouse-clicks?

Sorry, but in case my ::angrypoast(TM):: didn't make it clear enough, it is exactly this that pisses everybody else off. (I have started adding people whom I see do this more than once to my /ignore list, by the way. Have fun waiting even longer next time! EAWare, Y U no gief meh cross-Legacy ignore-list?)
Guys/Gals, could you please start queuing for real Flashpoints again?

r/DPS 4 life

Spoiler

idnewton's Avatar


idnewton
01.02.2014 , 11:27 PM | #1645
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
So I queue for a level 50FP (either SM or HM) (on my level 50 Gunnery Commando; like that matters), I get into HM D7. We're chugging along about to hit the second boss and suddenly the healer says that he's sorry but running a fp like it is pre-2.0 is disturbing and quits.

The rest of us were dumbstruck.

Any thoughts?
Um...
...


...

...what?
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL 55s: 15 10/10 HM DREAD OPS
ETERNAL WARRIOR CONQUEROR OF THE DREAD FORTRESS
30/30 Dread Fortress PVP BEST IN SLOT 4/5 NiM DP

DalekTheCat's Avatar


DalekTheCat
01.02.2014 , 11:28 PM | #1646
Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post
You should have left queue before you went to....um...deal with the intimate thing, as I would assume you'd know you weren't going to be back anytime soon.

Sorry, but in case my ::angrypoast(TM):: didn't make it clear enough, it is exactly this that pisses everybody else off. (I have started adding people whom I see do this more than once to my /ignore list, by the way. Have fun waiting even longer next time! EAWare, Y U no gief meh cross-Legacy ignore-list?)
Really? Taking 1-2 minutes to visit the refresher in the middle of an hour+ queue is completely unreasonable?

You remind me of the loonies who act like insufficient spacebarring skill is the single greatest threat to the speedy conclusion of a flashpoint.

midianlord's Avatar


midianlord
01.03.2014 , 12:02 AM | #1647
Quote: Originally Posted by DalekTheCat View Post
Really? Taking 1-2 minutes to visit the refresher in the middle of an hour+ queue is completely unreasonable?

You remind me of the loonies who act like insufficient spacebarring skill is the single greatest threat to the speedy conclusion of a flashpoint.
I never said that, be a little more subtle if you wish to carry off putting words in my mouth.

Maybe 2-3 minutes is a bit quick, though, so let's put a rounder number on it, then:

5 minutes probably, 10 minutes, maximum.

That's surely reasonable, no?

E:

No, I don't expect others to do this, but when I get up to bio for more than a quick pee, then I do indeed leave queue. I figure if the queue hasn't popped in the last 90 bloody minutes, then dropping/re-queuing isn't going to make any observable difference.
Guys/Gals, could you please start queuing for real Flashpoints again?

r/DPS 4 life

Spoiler

DalekTheCat's Avatar


DalekTheCat
01.03.2014 , 12:15 AM | #1648
Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post
I never said that, be a little more subtle if you wish to carry off putting words in my mouth.

Maybe 2-3 minutes is a bit quick, though, so let's put a rounder number on it, then:

5 minutes probably, 10 minutes, maximum.

That's surely reasonable, no?

E:

No, I don't expect others to do this, but when I get up to bio for more than a quick pee, then I do indeed leave queue. I figure if the queue hasn't popped in the last 90 bloody minutes, then dropping/re-queuing isn't going to make any observable difference.
You did say that, though: you quoted my post, said that things like me going to the refresher "is exactly [what] pisses everybody else off", and stated that if you saw me or someone like me missing a queue, that you would ignore them, thus making their gaming lives even more miserable. Thanks, because dps don't suffer enough. I don't even dare TALK in flashpoints anymore when I'm on my dps, because tanks and healers like to initiate vote-kicks just for good old trolling fun. Who cares, right? Just a dps. Kick them, ignore them, we'll just get another.

You may be perfectly comfortable leaving an extended queue for every little thing, but I and others are unwilling to waste all that time over and over again. My dps would NEVER get any HM flashpoints done if I did as you wish. I understand that you are sometimes temporarily inconvenienced by someone missing queue, and I'm really sorry for the tragic loss of your time, but try to understand where everyone else is coming from here.

midianlord's Avatar


midianlord
01.03.2014 , 12:44 AM | #1649
I'm DPS too, so I deal with the exact same things. (Smash-idiots: Stop trying to "tank," and stop constantly breaking CC. You're giving all classes of damager a bad name.)

Note that I said, if I saw the same person doing it more than once.

This happening occasionally I have no problem with, for exactly the reasons you say.

But it's been happening all the bloody time, almost every single pop, in the last few months.

Why is that?

Like I said, if you're rejecting queue because you see someone you don't like, then why not just /ignore them and never have to worry about it?

Can't just be the usual silly-season..well, silliness...it's been going on for much longer than that, at least for me. And I have 20+ characters (hopeless alt-o-holic) across four servers, sooooo....not just a "local" thing, apparently.
Guys/Gals, could you please start queuing for real Flashpoints again?

r/DPS 4 life

Spoiler

ZeroPlus's Avatar


ZeroPlus
01.03.2014 , 07:44 AM | #1650
Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post
...
Like I said, if you're rejecting queue because you see someone you don't like, then why not just /ignore them and never have to worry about it?

...
I think the reason they reject the queue is because they are being queued as Healer/Tank and don't want to fill that role.

Why do I think this? Because the last 5 guys who were rejecting the queue that I whispered asking why, replied back saying they were being queued for the role they didn't want (Healer/Tank). A quick explanation of how to uncheck the role in the GF window solved the issue.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!