Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Nkya
05.16.2013 , 07:12 AM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by Lightning_ View Post
That does indeed sound like THE most weird player ever.
I met some healers who apparently were only pressing one button (their strongest but slowest heal). This one may have tried to look smarter.

zImperium
05.16.2013 , 08:13 AM | #152
Well...weird people I usually eject from the Group or ignore:

- DPS that queued as a healer. We were really low level, so I kind of accepted it, but when we basically wiped on trash twice, I voted to eject him from the group. I don't stand for this.

- One guy couldn't stop jumping. I mean, his spacebar must have been a little stump that required him to replace his keyboard every two weeks. In the middle of a fight he was jumping, while we were waiting he was jumping...jump jump jump. Didn't eject him, but I thought it was really difficult for him to do anything considering he jumped a lot, even in combat. I didn't think he did much DPS.

- There was a Healer (which was a Healer) which pulled groups we planned on bypassing... not accidentally, mind you. It made the flashpoint 4x longer because EVERYTHING had to die. When we asked why he kept pulling, he said "I need more XP to level." It was a valid point, but I suggested to him to complete more quests, do some PvP, finish Bonus series, do space missions or get Heroic 2/4 quests as often as possible to get more efficient XP. He wouldn't listen to a lick of it, so I simply waited until we finished, put him on /ignore so I couldn't group with him again.

- I was in queue and this one healer kept on Refusing a group, putting my group back in queue and then requeuing. This happened about 10 times before I found the culprit and /ignore. I didn't know if he was a troll, or just simply didn't like someone that queued up, but I thought that was what /ignore was for.

- A very weird group, but there was a group in which two people were both tanks. They were decently geared, and I was severely overgeared as a DPS. They were fighting for top threat, which was odd, but it was quite comical. None of them used taunts (I guess it was per their rules), which annoyed me when I could crit 9x in a row, and practically max my damage. Had to use Defensive Cooldowns sometimes to prevent myself from dying a few times, and the healer had to pick up some of the slack.
<Aisthesis> Mebell (Sh), Ci'kengo (Co), Liex (Sa), Shaoqiang (Va), Djinerious (Sc), Aescinn (47 Gu), Auress (53 Se)
<Antithesis> Imdinia (Po), Shorya (As), Liniassa (Ju), Toshir (Sn)
Beta Tested: Original & Regulator (Starfighter Expansion) (My FAQ!)

WooliestWorm
05.16.2013 , 08:43 AM | #153
Well there was one time I healed normal Hammer Station, things went fine up till the last boss at which point I'm sure the tank was trying to point him at the group. We wiped and while walking back the tank says "get your act together and heal". So I made the obvious reply of "get your act together and turn him away from the group." At which point the tank tells me not to tell him what to do and demonstrates his 3 legacy class emotes. Once I'd demonstrated my 5 he quit. +1 to the ignore list I guess.

Quote: Originally Posted by zImperium View Post
- One guy couldn't stop jumping. I mean, his spacebar must have been a little stump that required him to replace his keyboard every two weeks. In the middle of a fight he was jumping, while we were waiting he was jumping...jump jump jump. Didn't eject him, but I thought it was really difficult for him to do anything considering he jumped a lot, even in combat. I didn't think he did much DPS.
If it weren't for the fact you're on Ebon hawk I'd think this was me, I do it sometimes on my sentinel. There actually isn't a whole lot of dps loss as it only prevent's you using 2 moves, force stasis and master strike. Of course your jumper may not have been a sent/mara.

SW_display_name
05.16.2013 , 02:25 PM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by WooliestWorm View Post
If it weren't for the fact you're on Ebon hawk I'd think this was me, I do it sometimes on my sentinel. There actually isn't a whole lot of dps loss as it only prevent's you using 2 moves, force stasis and master strike. Of course your jumper may not have been a sent/mara.
I tend to jump around like crazy when I'm bored on my Operative healer, because most of my healing is instant unless someone is really getting hammered and needs the big stuff. Usually I try to make complete circles around the tank.

Penguinaga
05.16.2013 , 02:35 PM | #155
While playing a Vig Guardian in SM Cademimu, I once had a tank tell me to switch from Shien to Shii-Cho. I asked him why, and he said "because you're doing too much damage". He was dead serious. I wasn't even pulling aggro, at least not more than once. Thankfully, he didn't press the issue when I politely refused.

Also had a healer once in SM Hammer Station who responded to all questions/comments with nothing but "beep" or "boop". I guess he was really getting into being a "healbot" or something...?

Kufuffelupagus
05.16.2013 , 06:23 PM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by Penguinaga View Post
Also had a healer once in SM Hammer Station who responded to all questions/comments with nothing but "beep" or "boop". I guess he was really getting into being a "healbot" or something...?
That is HILARIOUS.

When pugging a group, I've often considered only communicating through emotes... Haven't yet though.

Kawabonga
05.17.2013 , 04:09 AM | #157
Aaah so much to say here :P

This one time, 2 guildies and i joined in a KP nightmare, i was on my jugg tank. In the group were 3 people from another guild (other tank was probably guild master) and 2 random guys. It was a nightmare! First boss was fine, obviously one of the 2 randoms was a ninja and managed to steal all the tank gear that dropped (i was still 50 with bh gear). Somehow we managed to get to karagga...
The tank was using enraged defense on cooldown and in the middle of the fight with the puzle droid he went CAPS RAGE RAWRRR STOP STEALING AGGRO!!!. Worth to notice that when i taunted off him at 5 stacks, as is tradition, he taunted right back. I then proceeded to use my aoe taunt, and he did the same. Heals were great, probably a streak of crits which saved us (him). Luckily i was on vent with a jugg dps. We managed to time our taunts so that i would be able to keep the boss on myself until his stacks wore off.
One of the randoms asked the guy to put master looter to avoid further ninja... He (the tank) went mental! some **** about "no way i trust only my soldiers" and we were like "wut :/?". Turns out we had to explain him how master looter works. Before karagga he said "i tank him you switch to dps". Fortunately i didn't, because he simply didn't want to stop using enraged defense because "STOP STEALING AGGRO RAWRRRWRR" -> "stop dropping it you cnut" -> "I'M NOT WARFABGHRLLLL". Meh... anyway, speeder dropped, and he proceeded to take that for himself no rolls. A couple of days back i saw people on fleet calling him and his whole guild out for being ninja looter, and he was so happy for the bad advertising :/

Yesterday i entered 2 flashpoints. I'm tank so insta-q win anyway, first one is hammer station (hm). The 3 gf pugs are in the same guild. I thought "excellent, that is usually a good sign". Healer is a bit slow but meh, he's doing his job. We got to 1st boss and we wipe (i'm not a miracle tank, i can't survive more than 3 mining beams in a row in my gear). We respawn and i say "first time here isn't it?" "no we've done it a million times" yeah sure... only one of them had done this before. "okay then use purge on me during that laser please?". Epic response "I don't have it"... my jaw fell D: "wut!?" "i never needed it"... he was exiting area to go buy purge. Luckily he stopped when i used the slimy worm statue. Cleanses were coming in at 9 stacks if ever, so at the 5th beam i died again. I kindly explained that cleanse at 9 stacks was a bit too late, i'm not geared enough to eat them all... The simultaneous answers i got were "you aren't using a shield""you have no offhand""equip a shield" . I seriously considered leaving but meh... i ignored the comments and proceeded to try again. This time we managed. Bonus boss was pretty hard, but i managed to time cooldowns well enough to make it easy on the healer, no more wipes after those first 2....

Second flashpoint is mandalorian raiders. I join an in progress fp, that turns out hadn't even started. I didn't even inquire as to why the other tank left. After i had killed the handler before both dogs went down i started wondering... The marauder had no form active. I asked him to activate one. No answer... The guy didn't even have sprint active and was missing quite a few armoring in his gear, not to mention the tank relics and cunning implants. After i stopped dead on my tracks and asked pretty F*****G please, he finally activated juyo form (he was carnage spec'd). I facepalmed, but he did activate ataru form after a while of sitting there, and all i got from him was "FORGOT" He also proceeded to pull everything on our way forward, not by attacking but by getting too close. And the other 2 guys asked me to stop attacking everything :/ I was so flabbergasted i didn't even protest when they went on the wing to bug the hell out of the bonus boss... Final boss was another mess... the mara was pounding on the boss. After we wiped the healer blamed me because i wasn't in the aoe heals, i was...uh... tanking the damn turrets? And he, the mara that was pounding on the boss, said "turrets first". I didn't even... well we managed in the end...

Starting today i will advertise myself on fleet: Are you dps/healer in the eternal queue for a 55 flashpoint? Do you have functioning brain cells? You just found your tank! Whisper me for an invite.

Eternalnight
05.17.2013 , 05:55 AM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by Kawabonga View Post
The tank was using enraged defense on cooldown
This is what you get when people get their advice of Noxxic.com.

AlrikFassbauer
05.17.2013 , 06:11 AM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by Kawabonga View Post
A couple of days back i saw people on fleet calling him and his whole guild out for being ninja looter, and he was so happy for the bad advertising :/
A whole guild of ninja looters ? Mafia ?

Jeweledleah
05.17.2013 , 07:28 AM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
This is what you get when people get their advice of Noxxic.com.
eh? I don't remember noxxic ever telling tanks to use threat dropping ability on cd :/