Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

slafko
12.16.2013 , 04:37 AM | #1521
Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post
It's like Mandalorian Raiders [HARD] in that it doesn't forgive derp.
The only thing that makes that flashpoint hard are people that are unable to hug walls and follow the tank in order to avoid unneccessary aggro.

Oh, and - slowpoke tanks that want to LOS everything. But then again, this kind of playstyle annoys me in every flashpoint, not just this one. Fast and confident tanks ftw.

slafko
12.16.2013 , 04:54 AM | #1522
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Submarine View Post
Recently, I am having a feeling that the Flashpoints have changed from an adventure to a race.
It was about bloody time as well.

Seriously, what's the problem with people wanting to clear the same old content as quickly and efficiently as possible? What you call "race" I call an inevitable evolution in the way repeatable content is played. Many players have done the flashpoints to death and do them only because of their end rewards. It's only natural they're going to look for the fastest and most efficient routes and tactics. This is normal, expected and I embrace it wholeheartedly.

I remember there were, and I use the term loosely, discussions about former HM flashpoints. People where complaining that players race thru the flashpoint, take shortcuts and spacebar conversations. Even then I argued that such things cannot be avoided and should be expected.

Let's face it - the flashpoints have been done to death and offer little challenge to geared players. Naturally, when the game mechanics cannot challenge the players anymore they (the players) invent their own challenges. One of those challenges is to clear the content as fast as possible. This includes taking shortcuts, avoiding patrols and skipping scripted fights by means of hugging walls, walking certain paths and soft cc's along with a generous use of rocket boosters and other increased movement speed abilities.

And why not? I mean, we have a derps leaderboard and that's basically a contest who can b*tchslap an unmovable dummy (that doesn't fight back) the hardest. What I'd really like to see are fastest times for clearing flashpoints and strategies on how to attain them. Why? Because it requires more skill and cooperation than soloderpsing a dummy.

fire-breath
12.16.2013 , 05:44 AM | #1523
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
What I'd really like to see are fastest times for clearing flashpoints and strategies on how to attain them. Why? Because it requires more skill and cooperation than soloderpsing a dummy.
Than make a thread about it ;-)

But yes .... rushing flashpoints is getting really crazy at higher levels....
I'm levelling a few toons only by doing flashpoints and one of them has hit lv 50 recently. All I can say is that I can understand 100% why there is a shortage of tanks. As soon as you get into the lv50 fp's there are always some 53-55 folks rushing like crazy. Now I'm someone who can take the rush and participate at it. I can however understand newbees who feel intimidated by it.

Also skipping mobs/bonusses in flashpoints if you are around lv50 and not yet levelcapped seems strange to me. If I do a flashpoint with bonus and xp-boost equipped I nearly gain a whole level (ok... a bit less, but by no means its 'a waste' like some people seem to think).
As an example. You can do all bosses + bonus in 30 minutes in BoI HM. Skipping every single boss exept the last two takes 15 minutes.
Anyway .... /rant
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger since patch 1.2 through ups and downs

PugsloveHP - the 96k HP commando DPS/healer

DarthTHC
12.16.2013 , 09:36 AM | #1524
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
The only thing that makes that flashpoint hard are people that are unable to hug walls and follow the tank in order to avoid unneccessary aggro.

Oh, and - slowpoke tanks that want to LOS everything. But then again, this kind of playstyle annoys me in every flashpoint, not just this one. Fast and confident tanks ftw.
Sometimes we tanks lack confidence in our healers, not in ourselves. Just sayin'.

Elusive_Thing
12.16.2013 , 10:20 AM | #1525
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Sometimes we tanks lack confidence in our healers, not in ourselves. Just sayin'.
Fair point. It takes a while to know what each healer is capable and it's smart to take the first few pulls a little bit slower just so you know what the healer and the DPSers can handle. For example, I have an Operative healer in Oriconian/Verpine gear (Obroan relics though), but usually any tank I get through the GF waits to see what I can handle. On the other hand, if I queue with a guildie tank, they will push on relentlessly as long as the DPS players can keep up.

ELRunninW
12.16.2013 , 04:06 PM | #1526
I call this a challenge, not necessary a race. It ends up being a race, but the goal is to make the run more challenging for everyone. If I see we can not handle it I will slow down, when you have run a flashpoint many times it is simply difficult to force yourself to do it slowly. I have tanked this, healed through and dps it. There is nothing that will be different next time I run it and if you see me in a group I am there probably for my weekly ultimate coms.
And that is why I rush through.

Isaacone
12.16.2013 , 04:32 PM | #1527
Got in czerka corporate labs on my sniper. Got kicked right away because the group said I was "under geared" which was ******** because ive been running those hm flashpoints for quite a few months now in that gear and have never had issues. they said that my accuracy and damage were wrong or something like that. And then they gave me the go to noxxic.com cliche. Though I am aware I do need to get a better barrel for my rifle. My gear is already good enough for hm flashpoints. Hey Ive been able to make it through most of terror from beyond with the same specs.
So my conclusion there is that the group I got were a bunch of elitists who need everything to be perfect or else you cant go. I got a new group in the same one like an hour after with people who werent as well geared as the previous group and we flew right through it without any wipes.
Sadly i was waiting nearly two hours just to do a flashpoint because of that.

dancezwithnubz
12.16.2013 , 05:44 PM | #1528
i got grouped with a couple real doozies last night on HM Foundry. two 55 jugs, one queued as Tank, other as a derps, chasing the HK-51 part, me with a 54 op healz.

now, I'll preface by saying these guys were very good players but they rubbed me the wrong way right from the get-go with their "Speed run for HK part, try and keep up, spacebar all conversations" initial rudeness.

one was having a go at me: spacebar, don't waste time, spacebar, spacebar.....
so I replied: only if you ask nicely.
them: "please hit spacebar"
me: certainly <space, space, space>
yet another ~5 messages arrive in various shades of sarcastic politeness requesting a speed run (after I was already fast-forwarding).

we head off and the first thing that strikes me: this tank is squishy. like, SERIOUSLY squishy.
So I point this out and check his gear..... FULL DPS kit. not a hint of a mitigation stat anywhere.

Tank: I'm not in tank gear.
Me: in that case, all care will be taken, no responsibility will be accepted.
Tank: <redacted as unfit for forums>

we proceed through flashpoint at a pretty breakneck speed. as I said, these guys knew what they were about it was just their constant "don't lag behind, keep up, keep up".

the amount of healing that tank required in even the most basic pulls was more than I've ever encountered and his DPS mate wasn't much better. along with constant probe/nanotech spammage, only the fact they had big health pools and (along with the DPS Sorcerer fourth) were able to burn down enemies quickly saved us from multiple wipes.

do you think I was ever given time to refresh my energy pool? i was burning through stacks of TA faster than I could generate them. I don't think I've ever used so many surgical probes on any single FP, ever.

do you think I ever saw either of them self-heal between pulls?

anyways, get through HK-47 and head out past the area where the Matriarch Burrower spawns (if you do the bonus, which we weren't, obviously).

Now, we'd all done this FP before, so while me and the Sorc scooted around all the creeps and was waiting by the next set of droids, these guys managed to pull down a huge fight of slugbeasts. I did not go back to help them, they managed to get through without dieing (dunno how).

I couldn't help myself at this point and just had to point out "Come on guys, speed run, try and keep up".
at which point the sarcasm and rudeness returned in spades.
for some reason, the 'speed run' slowed down with these guys pulling in a number of easily avoidable trash mobs.

apparently me pointing out that these were avoidable was just too much, so once I'd saved their sad and sorry backsides ALL THE WAY THROUGH the FP, they vote-booted me right before Revan.

I'll concede I probably didn't help matters, but sheesh. if you want a speed run then run with guildies or friends, there's no need to be a total douche in a PUG about it.

Fidelicatessen
12.16.2013 , 08:41 PM | #1529
Quote: Originally Posted by Isaacone View Post
Got in czerka corporate labs on my sniper. Got kicked right away because the group said I was "under geared" which was ******** because ive been running those hm flashpoints for quite a few months now in that gear and have never had issues. they said that my accuracy and damage were wrong or something like that. And then they gave me the go to noxxic.com cliche. Though I am aware I do need to get a better barrel for my rifle. My gear is already good enough for hm flashpoints. Hey Ive been able to make it through most of terror from beyond with the same specs.
So my conclusion there is that the group I got were a bunch of elitists who need everything to be perfect or else you cant go. I got a new group in the same one like an hour after with people who werent as well geared as the previous group and we flew right through it without any wipes.
Sadly i was waiting nearly two hours just to do a flashpoint because of that.
Noxxic is somewhat less than stellar. I would recommend nobody go there for advice. Just goes to show you, that group had no clue.

What is your accuracy, anyway? Hopefully you have ranged acc at 100% or slightly over?

JourrnoRush
12.17.2013 , 02:09 AM | #1530
Earlier today did a lvl 50 HM FP for the daily. Queue into false emperor. Me (sage healer), mando tank, two sentinels, all greet and we start.

After that first mob, the tank drops (seemed like he crashed). All is well, we requeue and continue with my qyzen. First boss (the trandoshan with the spinning reticule). The sentinels are not amazingly geared, but should let my tank (who is in 78/72) do the tanking.

Before the fight starts, I start typing "I'll get qyzen to pull him." But the sentinels decide to start the party.

Sure enough, the red reticule starts and one of them die (i can heal through it, but you should stand out of it if you are going to die in two pulses, which he did).

Boss gets killed and then this conversation starts.

"You going to heal?"
"I can't heal if you are in lower gear and decide to stand in red reticule"
"I could have tanked it if you healed me"
"I brought out qyzen to tank, because he is a tank. I can't guarantee you will survive"
"lol whatever man"

I don't write back and then another tank queues in and we finish no issues.

However, do dps really think they can tank? I can understand an amazingly geared dps running a LVL 50 and just aggroing everything...but if you aren't geared and you die can you really blame your healer? Or was it his lack of knowledge and incompetence?