Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Prototypemind
12.13.2013 , 05:25 PM | #1501
Roffles @ the tank trying to extort everyone. I'd love to see how that works out for him. I'd tell him we'll pay once the FP is complete, then vote kick him just before the end.

Hatstandard
12.13.2013 , 05:36 PM | #1502
Often times when I do group finder it's with two of my pals (I'm tanking, they are heal, dps) and we group finder a 4th dps. We're all in 78s, experienced raiders, etc. Just doing the weekly to get our CPU companions some more 78s and have fun.

Immediately after the group forms and we're in the flashpoint I give the 4th guy the business (well call the 4th guy Poor Sod for the generic purposes of the following dialog). Usually I start by saying

"Listen up Poor SoB... er Poor Sod"
"Listen up and Listen good because I'm only going to say this once"

and then I don't say anything.

Usually at that point they'll say something like "?"

and one of my pals will then say

"Jesus Christ dude he already told you once why are you causing problems?"

and the other one will say

"oh man I can't believe you said that after he had already told you once... We may have to vote kick this guy"

and then I'll say

"yeah. I've already told you once Poor Sod DON'T make me tell you again"

At this point about a 1/3rd of the time the 4th person leaves. Sometimes he'll put us on ignore in which case we vote kick him.

Then a 5 or so minutes in Poor Sod will ask a question or one of us will pull a second mob/3rd mob for excitement and well say

"gosh darn it Poor Sod why the hell did you do that? Pay attention dude you don't want me to have to tell you twice."

one time there was a guy in body type 3 (the fat one) that we kept telling "try to tag along fattie" or "I'm not sure this guy can do it I think he is too fat" during a jumping skip. He ended up reporting us and CSR gave us an excessive role play violation.

anyway if they tough it out they are treated to a clean run which is more than any group que'ing solo dps deserves. And we tell them to foward any complements or complaints to our guild master. (who gets really mad about it)

ToMyMa
12.13.2013 , 05:43 PM | #1503
Quote: Originally Posted by Hatstandard View Post
Often times when I do group finder it's with two of my pals (I'm tanking, they are heal, dps) and we group finder a 4th dps. We're all in 78s, experienced raiders, etc. Just doing the weekly to get our CPU companions some more 78s and have fun.

Immediately after the group forms and we're in the flashpoint I give the 4th guy the business (well call the 4th guy Poor Sod for the generic purposes of the following dialog). Usually I start by saying

"Listen up Poor SoB... er Poor Sod"
"Listen up and Listen good because I'm only going to say this once"

and then I don't say anything.

Usually at that point they'll say something like "?"

and one of my pals will then say

"Jesus Christ dude he already told you once why are you causing problems?"

and the other one will say

"oh man I can't believe you said that after he had already told you once... We may have to vote kick this guy"

and then I'll say

"yeah. I've already told you once Poor Sod DON'T make me tell you again"

At this point about a 1/3rd of the time the 4th person leaves. Sometimes he'll put us on ignore in which case we vote kick him.

Then a 5 or so minutes in Poor Sod will ask a question or one of us will pull a second mob/3rd mob for excitement and well say

"gosh darn it Poor Sod why the hell did you do that? Pay attention dude you don't want me to have to tell you twice."

one time there was a guy in body type 3 (the fat one) that we kept telling "try to tag along fattie" or "I'm not sure this guy can do it I think he is too fat" during a jumping skip. He ended up reporting us and CSR gave us an excessive role play violation.

anyway if they tough it out they are treated to a clean run which is more than any group que'ing solo dps deserves. And we tell them to foward any complements or complaints to our guild master. (who gets really mad about it)
Troll much? Jeez, you ARE the Terror From the Beoynd; more specifically the group finder

TheSupaCoopa
12.13.2013 , 06:18 PM | #1504
Duran'del here:

I was playing as my Commando Healer(recently got him to 55) and got into a HM LI. Group members: Me, Sent, Guardian, Guardian.

Our tank asks, believe it or not, "Is this 55 or 50?"
I'm wondering why the tank would think there's a 55 version of this.
the second(DPS) Guardian was a guildmate, though I didn't realize this at first.
The first boss(droid) causes me and sent to die, and Guardian/Guildmat take it down(it was at ~40k). I get rezzed, and we continue on(my healing was rusty). Before Savrak, our tank claims to have done the FP "20 times". On savrak, we wipe and retry, doing it successfully the second time. We wipe on Lorik, due to SWTOR tabbing out. We retry and complete it successfully.

After the run, guildmate starts talking to me via guild chat.
Guildmate: "that tank wasn't the best. Thanks for the heals."
Me: "NP"
GM: "did you see his gear?"
Me: "no, i didn't."(at 55, I assume people know what they're doing, but you know what they say about assuming.)
GM: "It was half-DPS, Half-tank."
Me: "seriously?"
GM: "yeah."

I didn't put the tank on my ignore list, but, in hindsight, maybe I should've...
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

TheSupaCoopa
12.13.2013 , 06:19 PM | #1505
Quote: Originally Posted by ToMyMa View Post
Troll much? Jeez, you ARE the Terror From the Beoynd; more specifically the group finder
"Terror From The Group Finder"... Maybe that could be a new Op?
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

helloder
12.13.2013 , 06:20 PM | #1506
Quote: Originally Posted by Hatstandard View Post

Bla bla bla too long.
Wow very experienced.
Many 78 gear.
Such fun.

Please stay pve and pve only.
Soloqueue 50 scoundrel, Sóloqueue 50 vanguard, Sólóqueue 46 sage
Soloqueué 37 operative, Foreigner 22 marauder
P.S. No I can't send you a crate of vodka, I know it is sad, but blame your EU post service.

sithBracer
12.14.2013 , 12:35 AM | #1507
Quote: Originally Posted by Scyphon_ View Post
We get queue pop for Mando 55 HM.. Me another dps , healer sitting there..Finally Tank zones in.
First thing out his mouth "50K each for this run or ill leave"
So we respond "are you serious?"
Tank "yes , you will wait for a long time to get a Tank"
Us " **** then" " leave then *****, lol" " dont forget to get rid of that alactrity enhancement once you get back to fleet *******"
.. So healer Operative, nicely geared with 72/78mix, pops Kaliyo out 39k health, we continue on and clear the FP..needless to say he was a dick.
lol, I wonder if the moron knows that you don't need a tank to beat these fps these days, you can easily do it with a comp. You only need a tank for the initial phase in, which he gave you, lol.
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
Mákaela - assassin in the shadows

darthhomercles
12.14.2013 , 01:35 AM | #1508
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
Yeah, I tend to not notice who guard is on until I get pasted and the tank is like "**** u suck at healing" and I'm like... "uh... can't heal you when I'm dead dude"

As long as the tank knows what he's doing at doesn't let me get pasted (and I do use my aggro dump power when necessary) I've never had a problem with healing and I have like 4 healers total.
I tried to run Athiss as a healer 3 times tonight. The first group we were a person short and had no real tank to speak of, so we got creamed pretty fast with the big boss fight. Everyone was cool, I didn't get any grief. We just didn't have the right type of players to be successful. However, the second and third groups peeved me off royal. Everything is fine until the big fight and I'm doing my best to heal the tank. But no matter what I do, I get caught up in some area attacks or swarmed by mobs and my heals get interrupted or I need to stop a sec and heal myself. Which means eventually the tank drops too low for me to catch him back up and he dies and blames me for not healing. Like I'm really just standing around watching the show and not trying my best? After getting grief from both groups I've decided to never do a flashpoint as a healer again. You don't get thanks when you keep everyone alive, and as soon as you're overwhelmed and everyone dies you're a pariah. I can't do my job when I'm being attacked by everyone, especially when those attacks knock me off my feet. Healing isn't instant! It takes time for me to cast those powers. But no one seems to get that.

So I'll go back to my solo campaign. I get along with all the NPCs just fine.

Lord_Submarine
12.14.2013 , 03:20 AM | #1509
Recently, I am having a feeling that the Flashpoints have changed from an adventure to a race. This feeling occurs more and more as I am nearing the level 50 (so yeah, I am not as experienced as most of the experienced raiders here who write their gear in the first sentence just to make sure they are not the strange person in the story).

Two days ago, I was in a fight while I got a group pop-up for Tara V. I clicked "ready" and one of my opponents magically disappeared, so I could not get out of the combat and teleport to the flashpoint. After like 30 seconds I decided to type /stuck and died - now I was able to teleport. First thing that waited for me was - "A vote kick against you have been initiated" - reason "AFK". Seriously? It did not even take me 2 minutes. Luckily, two guys in the group were not fond of it, so they did not vote and we could start. I just "thanked" for a nice warm welcome to the group, but as I was waiting for over an hour and did not have time to wait for another one if I wanted to play the flashpoint, we started.

And hell of a run it was. I understand that some people have run the flashpoint 100x, and I understand that it is more efficient if we skip most of the enemies in the process. But it just feels so... serious. No one stops ever, like as if every second you do not spend on a speeder or pushing "w" is wasted. Once I needed 1 minute during a flashpoint to leave the computer, so I nicely apologized (no one said anything) and one of the guys just dropped the group..? And some of the "short-cuts" the people are coming up with - like the last two turrets before the boss in Cadenimu - if you run through and continue running to the place where the boss finally spawns, you do not need to kill them and you eventually get out of the fight. But honestly - would it not be faster to kill those 2 turrets? They are not dangerous at all and can be dpsed in like half a minute..?

And people from some level up do not talk in flashpoints at all. Talking means you need to stop and write - mostly, you do not find enough time. Admitting that you do not know the boss mechanics? No one even dares to ask as it would be like the first sentence in the whole flashpoint. On my tank (level 42) I rather watched all the boss mechanics on youtube first, as I was afraid of unfriendly reactions and as a tank, you really need to know them.

On the other hand, I was nicely surprised as I grouped for some Heroics 4 on the planets - people were friendly and chatty and mistakes were forgiven. If we almost wiped and only one person survived, no one blamed the others, but people were writing "that was close ".

I have to admit, I start disliking the higher level SM flashpoints. In lower levels, people are not afraid to admit they do not know what to do, and if we wipe, someone just explains what we did wrong and we try again. In higher levels, everyone just thinks they are the best, and if we wipe, people just write "tank sucks", "healer, your healing sucks", "omg *** r u doing?".

But as I try hard, we mostly do not wipe and if we do, it is not my fault, so the flashpoints are following the atmosphere of antique tragedies.

P.S.: Great thread, btw.

velasong
12.14.2013 , 03:47 AM | #1510
Three days ago i get into an athiss run,slightly overleveled but whatever,daily quest with pretty xp and comms.Tank basically bolts to the nearest mobs with rocket boost(i kept up with mine,kinda lucky for him i did) immediately attacks a group of mobs,gets down to about 20% hp left,proceeds to tell the healer to do some healing(clearly they don't have rocket boost as they got there just before the mobs died).
We keep going,pulls are atleast good same with heals,dude is being an *** to the healer though.Get t the first boss,kill her without any issues.Immediately after the tank just leaves the group.After queuing we continue,me and the other dps(who switched to a tanking stance thingy for their class(whatever vanguards use for tanking,that thingamajig) and throws guard on the healer).Get near the 2nd boss,queue finds us a tank,wait for him and proceed to kill the boss and clear to the final boss.
Spent the final boss slapping the flames and laughing.Crappy start but a decent ending for the whole run.Some people need an attitude and patience class,others need a medal.