Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.


dancezwithnubz's Avatar


dancezwithnubz
12.02.2013 , 07:09 PM | #1411
taking my derper'mando on a lowbie GF Athiss last night we had a 'healer' that just flatout reused to do anything that even vaguely resembled actual healing. we had guardian tank and a sage DPS along for the ride.
the fact that our "healer" was apparently a melee Sage just made it that extra bit interesting.
We got past the first boss and were heading for The Beast, the other DPS had made the point on a couple of occasions that he wasn't the group healer and had only teh basic healz skills, even though he was pretty solidly casting static barrier on everyone in the group.
our alleged "healer" also had an annoying habit of breaking every, single c/c.
Every. Single. One. which lead to a near-wipe against the droids just before the first boss (only my mortar volley coming off CD at a very opportune moment saved us)
After getting past the pond but before heading up the ramp, I initiate the vote-kick.
the three of us had a quick chat and figured if both me and the sage play what healz we can, we could well get through this.
I summon up my 'droid companion, click him over to DPS and we clear the path back to the cave (where I grab myself a second droid) and the last mob to the beast.
the tank needed a little instruction, and he successfully pulled the beast back to the cave where it was one of the simplest, easiest Beast fights i've ever had it just went so smoothly.
between me and the sage throwing out whatever basic heals we had access to, our tank guardian & my droid were kept nicely topped off. I was even able to switch back to Armor Piercing rounds.
the rest of the run passed by just as easily and I only had to switch back to support cell for a short period during the fight with the prophet.

the group's only death after booting the alleged "healer" was my droid dying to fire clouds because I forgot to switch it to passive.

my only regret, i forgot to add the sage that stuck around to my /f list.

Rotaruc's Avatar


Rotaruc
12.03.2013 , 02:09 AM | #1412
A while back on my Alt Imp character I was doing a FP and the healer was complaining that no one was gaurding him (the guy totally blowed at healing even though he was spec'd for it) Which was true because the tank didnt know how to tank so I was basically doing Dps and tank/gaurding to healer at the same time. So i start gaurding the healer and he says Im messing them up. So we start arguing and he starts acting like hes a god of Swtor or something saying "Im healing you guys you should be grateful for me" and "fk u idiots dont know how to gaurd or play you should just quit and delete the game" and at the same time were fighting a boss. The guy is healing around 200hp per 30 seonds..... So i start bashing on him telling him thats hes a sht healer and during this time we beat the boss. Some gear pops up/spawns from the boss and the other 2 guys in the group that are just remaining silent while the healer and I are fighting , they 'Need' the gear. I 'need' it as well. I end up getting it and all of a sudden they both start hating on me. The healer ends up rage quitting the fp and leaving the group saying "good luck finding another healer losers". literally a few seconds after we get a healer 4 levels higher than him and we breeze through the rest of the flashpoint easily. I bring up how bad the last healer was at the very end of the flashpoint and the other 2 silent guys started hating on me again and end up Vote kicking me right before the last boss. So I did the tanks job+ my job, put up with a raging healer, took gear that i needed, got kicked from the group at the end of the fp, and received no xp or anything for it. And I dont know why but the new healer also voted to kick me... after i welcomed him to the group >.>

Asaxor's Avatar


Asaxor
12.03.2013 , 02:31 AM | #1413
pot meets kettle

steave's Avatar


steave
12.03.2013 , 10:59 AM | #1414
Quote: Originally Posted by Rotaruc View Post
So i start gaurding the healer and he says Im messing them up.
And he's right, if you're guarding the healer that means you must have swapped to your tank stance and thus get the huge threat increase from doing so, no wonder your tank couldn't hold aggro.
Guard doesn't even do anything for a healer, but that's for a different thread.

midianlord's Avatar


midianlord
12.03.2013 , 03:44 PM | #1415
Quote: Originally Posted by Rotaruc View Post
A while back on my Alt Imp character I was doing a FP and the healer was complaining that no one was gaurding him (the guy totally blowed at healing even though he was spec'd for it) Which was true because the tank didnt know how to tank so I was basically doing Dps and tank/gaurding to healer at the same time. So i start gaurding the healer and he says Im messing them up. So we start arguing and he starts acting like hes a god of Swtor or something saying "Im healing you guys you should be grateful for me" and "fk u idiots dont know how to gaurd or play you should just quit and delete the game" and at the same time were fighting a boss. The guy is healing around 200hp per 30 seonds..... So i start bashing on him telling him thats hes a sht healer and during this time we beat the boss. Some gear pops up/spawns from the boss and the other 2 guys in the group that are just remaining silent while the healer and I are fighting , they 'Need' the gear. I 'need' it as well. I end up getting it and all of a sudden they both start hating on me. The healer ends up rage quitting the fp and leaving the group saying "good luck finding another healer losers". literally a few seconds after we get a healer 4 levels higher than him and we breeze through the rest of the flashpoint easily. I bring up how bad the last healer was at the very end of the flashpoint and the other 2 silent guys started hating on me again and end up Vote kicking me right before the last boss. So I did the tanks job+ my job, put up with a raging healer, took gear that i needed, got kicked from the group at the end of the fp, and received no xp or anything for it. And I dont know why but the new healer also voted to kick me... after i welcomed him to the group >.>
Players like you are part of the problem, not the solution.

Welcome to the ignore list!

E:

Dude, don't fear the paragraph/line-break. It really just wants to be your friend.
Proud "elitist." Even more proud to be an un-reconstructed "gaming-culture snob."
Merc and 'Slinger 4 life
Spoiler

eartharioch's Avatar


eartharioch
12.03.2013 , 04:59 PM | #1416
Quote: Originally Posted by Rotaruc View Post
A while back on my Alt Imp character I was doing a FP and the healer was complaining that no one was gaurding him (the guy totally blowed at healing even though he was spec'd for it) Which was true because the tank didnt know how to tank so I was basically doing Dps and tank/gaurding to healer at the same time. So i start gaurding the healer and he says Im messing them up. So we start arguing and he starts acting like hes a god of Swtor or something saying "Im healing you guys you should be grateful for me" and "fk u idiots dont know how to gaurd or play you should just quit and delete the game" and at the same time were fighting a boss. The guy is healing around 200hp per 30 seonds..... So i start bashing on him telling him thats hes a sht healer and during this time we beat the boss. Some gear pops up/spawns from the boss and the other 2 guys in the group that are just remaining silent while the healer and I are fighting , they 'Need' the gear. I 'need' it as well. I end up getting it and all of a sudden they both start hating on me. The healer ends up rage quitting the fp and leaving the group saying "good luck finding another healer losers". literally a few seconds after we get a healer 4 levels higher than him and we breeze through the rest of the flashpoint easily. I bring up how bad the last healer was at the very end of the flashpoint and the other 2 silent guys started hating on me again and end up Vote kicking me right before the last boss. So I did the tanks job+ my job, put up with a raging healer, took gear that i needed, got kicked from the group at the end of the fp, and received no xp or anything for it. And I dont know why but the new healer also voted to kick me... after i welcomed him to the group >.>
Just b/c I'm bored enough, I'll try to translate this.

QQer, DPS, sh*t tank, and sh*t healer are in a FP.
DPS and sh*t tank take down a boss while QQer and sh*t healer argue
DPS and sh*t tank need on the dropped gear, as does QQer (who wins)
DPS and sh*t tank that took down boss get mad that QQer (who was chat-battling sh*t healer) wins the roll
sh*t healer leaves with a polite f'all'y'all and party gets new healer
party makes it way to the final boss w/out incident (even though, according to QQer, tank is sh*t)
not content to just finish the FP, QQer makes a point of calling out the sh*t healer's flaws; sh*t tank and DPS vote to kick, and new healer chooses to vote with the sh*t tank and DPS

QQer says he got nothing (other than the loot he already won) and is surprised that a healer that is having no probs with the group chooses to stay with the "sh*t tank" (and finish the final boss and complete the FP) instead of causing a split by siding with the QQer that started the end boss problem by opening his mouth and not just taking the carry he was given.

Did I miss anything?
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!

rantboi's Avatar


rantboi
12.03.2013 , 10:30 PM | #1417
Quote: Originally Posted by eartharioch View Post
Just b/c I'm bored enough, I'll try to translate this.

QQer, DPS, sh*t tank, and sh*t healer are in a FP.
DPS and sh*t tank take down a boss while QQer and sh*t healer argue
DPS and sh*t tank need on the dropped gear, as does QQer (who wins)
DPS and sh*t tank that took down boss get mad that QQer (who was chat-battling sh*t healer) wins the roll
sh*t healer leaves with a polite f'all'y'all and party gets new healer
party makes it way to the final boss w/out incident (even though, according to QQer, tank is sh*t)
not content to just finish the FP, QQer makes a point of calling out the sh*t healer's flaws; sh*t tank and DPS vote to kick, and new healer chooses to vote with the sh*t tank and DPS

QQer says he got nothing (other than the loot he already won) and is surprised that a healer that is having no probs with the group chooses to stay with the "sh*t tank" (and finish the final boss and complete the FP) instead of causing a split by siding with the QQer that started the end boss problem by opening his mouth and not just taking the carry he was given.

Did I miss anything?
missed the part where the QQer makes the sh*t tank's job harder by trying to be a tank too

eartharioch's Avatar


eartharioch
12.03.2013 , 11:35 PM | #1418
Quote: Originally Posted by rantboi View Post
missed the part where the QQer makes the sh*t tank's job harder by trying to be a tank too
I think that's what the QQer and sh*t healer were arguing about...while the sh*t tank and other DPS put down the boss.
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!

ZentheSecond's Avatar


ZentheSecond
12.03.2013 , 11:56 PM | #1419
Not really a weird story per-say... But I did a hammer Station (Yeah been spamming these and que'ing only for them mostly to 100% the achievements for it) got 2 decently geared seeming dps (high HP/main stat) so before the first pull I issued them a challenge "Go ahead and try to pull aggro, yes I'm serious".

I play a Sin-tank and my main concern with the patch was that the lack of self-heals.... Would decrease my threat generation overall. Had no issues holding the first boss, bonus boss, or third boss. The second boss (the trio) I did have 1 of them jump away from me but a idk if that was mechanic (he does it a lot, jumps to a random person but then turns to the tank to keep smacking on them). The healer made a comment about freaking out when the marauder dps popped BT on the first boss, since it puts a debuff on everyone. I do agree that it can freak otu healers as I was in a 16man Op on a dps PT an hour after the FP and seeing 16 debuffs pop up at once... Yeah that'll freak out most healers. I also didn't move out of "sweeping gunfire" like I normally do on the last boss, wanted to see how the changes to Sin's in 2.5 were going to effect my style of play....

I thanked them for putting up with me and my crazy antics in the FP (including nearly dying on trash since I forgot I no longer have self-heals and chain pulled lol). The healer when asked made a comment about having to heal the dps more then me, which is a result of AoE from the boss fights I hope.... Plus rogue trash mobs I could not get wither/discharge spammed on enough to keep'em off the dps that were bursting them to bits.

I really am enjoying the 2.5 changes to Assassin tanks, though I fear for the next few group-finder groups I get lol.... I will be testing the limits of my tank, plus doing more stupid antics like not moving out of AoE just to see how hard it will hit me for now that I have the DR increase. It gives me a window into what I can look forward too in Operation settings, and what I can get away with.

^.^

Hilberian's Avatar


Hilberian
12.04.2013 , 02:24 AM | #1420
I am playing the game almost straight since launch now and I think I saw it all, but last nights Maelstrom was strange even for my experience.

Storymode, so not a big challenge, I tanked (37 Shadow) and got a pop rather fast. Healer and 1 DPS were ready and there. The other DPS however either D/Ced or dropped dead in front of his screen, as he remained on the fleet and did not answer to any questions.
After 2 min of waiting for anything to happen, we kicked and got a new one. Here is where it started.
The DPS we got I knew from a Taral V run I did before, knew he was capable and decent so it was great, we could finally start messing up the prison.
Then suddenly, after the first group of mobs the other DPS left without a word, just *puff*. Soo again we had to get a replacement.
We did get one of course, one that joined the group only to leave it 2 minutes later before he had even arrived at our position.
Next re-queue. Now we got a second Shadow, nice enough. Used Force in Balance and such, so obviously Balance specced, but using Combat Technique (tank) and suddenly started to tank stuff, using FiB to grab aggro before I could get close to mobs, taunting and all that. I tried to tell him that he was doing something wrong, but got no reply. Of course.
We got to the Boss with the laser eyes, the one you need to hide from if you don't want to die. Not our Balance-Tank, nooo. He not only ran straight into the boss, thus again taking initial aggro and making my job harder, nooo, he also taunted the boss in the Laser Eyes phase and then stood right in front of him... luckily he died and I could kill the boss with the rest of the group. Balance-Tank got revived and I asked him (again pretty friendly) why he was tanking while obviously in DPS spec (not to mention that he queued as DPS obviously and got a pop as DPS also obviously)
I got no reply of course, he either did not speak english or he simply did not care that he was messing up the run.
Anyway... he obviously did not understand me and just continued taunting and attacking ahead of me and then he also must have forgotten what gear he needs, because he needed for a Cunning headset. Well, that was it then, I initiated the vote.
We got another new DPS after that and finally managed to finish (inbetween I used HK to stand in) this bloody run... but seriously... what is wrong with the DPS players in this game? I know some are good (I have a lot of those in my guild), but generally... I mean we needed 4 replacements....

My head hurt after that FP... If I was not leveling that Shadow I would never pug again I think...