Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

MCaliban
12.01.2013 , 02:48 AM | #1401
Quote: Originally Posted by Fidelicatessen View Post
Wait ... he was doing Hammer Station at level 13? Isn't that a bit low? I generally don't try that one until I'm 16 or 17...

Also, it's not available on Groupfinder until you hit 15.
I thought I picked it up at level 13 from one of the droids on the Imperial Fleet.

That said...
Threatening Scream - level 30
Crushing Blow - level 47-50 depending on build
Saber Reflect - level 51

Even at level 17, you're not going to have those abilities. Playing SM Hammer Station at-level means that, as a tank, you typically need to be the first to engage a group if you want to have aggro, as you have one AOE ability - Slash - and your single target taunt.
Better to be the tail of a dragon than the head of a lizard.

Fiamma_Verde
12.01.2013 , 08:58 AM | #1402
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
Because a Merc as unexperienced as described would reach 55 HM Athiss in Cunning lvl 10 gear lol
That's true, it would be nearly Impossible for someone who didn't know what they were doing. Maybe if they pvpd to 55 or something.

On a slight tangent my guild decided to run ec last night for fail ops. A guild mate was leveling a vanguard who had just over 10k hp. Sometimes he would seemingly drop dead for no reason. When I took a look at his gear, he was in a level 17 chest piece. ^^ It was pretty funny!

eartharioch
12.01.2013 , 09:52 AM | #1403
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyGreggy View Post
...Level 10 vanguard "tank", ...

Tank disconnects ...Super Sentinel initiates a votekick on the still offline tank, ... queue us for a replacement... and our new member is......another sentinel.

We finish off the boss in the room which drops Trooper boots for the zero troopers in the group, and turn off the tractor beam in true Obi Wan style.
Looks like group loot tables are set at FP start, rather than group comp at combat start. Interesting to know -- minor troll potential, and a definite disincentive to accept in-progress runs *if* you are running for gear.
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!
This is not my referral link

Icarus-Iso
12.02.2013 , 01:08 AM | #1404
Taking advantage of the double XP weekend and levelling up my little lvl 28 Vanguard tank, get into Cadi with a lvl 30 Commando, lvl 32 Sage (the healer... though keep reading), and a lvl 35 Sent with very good gear.

Throw the guard on the Sent, immediately get a "um maybe you should guard the healer" from the other two. Well, whatever, I already have that bad feeling so I switch guard and jump in.

First sign that bad feeling is justified (aside from Sent ripping aggro now and again, cue a guard change) is I don't see any Force Armour or cleansing from the resident Sage 'healer'. Ask if he knows about Force Armour, get a "Yeah". I think I saw it twice for the rest of the FP *le sigh*. Course didn't help the Sage would DPS until I was at usually 40% health then start the frantic healing. Thankfully the group never all died, just me on some of the nastier mobs when I had all the aggro and the Sage was off throwing rocks about at nearly full Force...

Ask the Sage "Could you please cleanse me when I have those nasty fire DOTS?" after I died, again, and get a "????????". Explain cleanse and DOTS and receive an "Oh I usually don't play healing classes". Well no duh Sherlock, and man, not understanding cleanse? Even DPS should really know that if you've run a few FPs.

Thinking 'great, explained it all, now they'll improve and my repair bill won't get any higher'. Nope. Still didn't get any cleanse or armour and died again. Thankfully with that death the last mob went down and it was onto the rocket room, where the occasional heal was enough since the boss hits like a wet paper towel.

I don't mind explaining to people these things, but man, explaining it, getting an "I understand" and then seeing nothing change? That annoys me (still, only one horrid run all weekend, so I guess I was pretty lucky).

StarMagus
12.02.2013 , 06:15 AM | #1405
My favorite example of that to this day is watching a 45 Sin Tank never use Dark Ward on the first couple of pulls, explaining to them how they needed to at the very least use Dark Ward, as it helped make them less squishy. After that they would use the ability at the start of the fight.... and never again. Despite me telling them to keep reactivating it as it fell off.

I just don't understand how people can see an ability, read it and not have even most minor of clue on how to use it.

Khaleijo
12.02.2013 , 06:58 AM | #1406
Uh, that reminds me of an operative healer some weeks ago, who was using no kolto probes or any hots on my tank alt or any other toon in the group at all... very irritating because usually you see numerous probes floating around as soon an operative healer is in the group building stacks of tactical advantage.
It was Cademimu story mode and yes he was specced for healing as he could use surgical probe... I was specced for tanking, wearing tank gear as far it is possible at that level with FP drops or artifice.

Even after i asked if that was on purpose ( i had a rp player once that feared to spray all this green slimy stuff on a sith lords robe but that guy was excellent without them and would throw probes nonetheless in critical situations and no one died). This time, no answer, no probes but dieing toons.
Another approach that it would be much easier for him if he uses them, as he was struggeling with energy and keeping me alive... no reaction except of "you just mind tanking and i do the healing"...well, if i wouldn't fear for my toons life, i wouldn't ask about your playstyle and thank you for the repair bill...
If not for the great dps players in that group i would have dropped, but we got through in the end, thanks to the dps sorc, who bubbled me as often as he could and careful DPS who never broke CC.
But a hot based healer not using any hot at all... i just don't get it

slafko
12.02.2013 , 08:03 AM | #1407
Quote: Originally Posted by khaleijo View Post
i had a rp player once that feared to spray all this green slimy stuff on a sith lords robe
rofl

ZentheSecond
12.02.2013 , 08:57 AM | #1408
Got into a Red Reaper run last night, Jugg Tank, Sniper for Dps, Op for healer, and marauder for Dps (myself).

We go about our merry way, opening pull is tough few die no surprise. We keep going skipping some trash pulls here and there, healer complains about it. Meanwhile he would use his group stealth ability so we could try and skip some stuff... Did not work but if you are complaining about skipping why the hell use group stealth to attempt skipping more? We get to the Arch shortcut area, my arch is not high enough so the long way it is. First pack the Op healer is around the corner not healing, instead he is typing. To me... Saying "Kaz you must like dying or think you are a tank" my retort? "I got a sin tank main so yeah I tend to forget sometimes :P"

Healer leaves. I whisper him and his response is "No you are the child. Learn your class or go back to wow." He promptly put me on ignore. Jokes on him, I never touched wow and I have no plan to. And I know my marauder or at least I did. Red reaper dinged me to lvl 45 so getting massacre and then getting viscous throw a lvl later threw off a lot of what I was doing. It was an amusing run, we reque'ed as the tank pulled out Greek. Got all the way to the last boss before we hit a snag and wiped, though a healer had come in during the boss pull. So was a quick run back and kill.

Amusing run and thankfully the only one I had like it over the double xp time.

Blowwtorch
12.02.2013 , 03:12 PM | #1409
Doing Mandalorian Raiders Storymode. Our group is 2 snipers, an operative, and a Jugg tank. We pass Braxx the Bloodhound fine, but we later have one mess up where the Op healer tries to sneak us past a droid but since only he can stealth, the droid and several droids past it attack us and he and the other sniper die. We revive, then we get to the Republic Boarding Party. When the Jugg asks us to explain the fight, (it's his first time), the Healer has a complete meltdown, and leaves.

I mean, god forbid anyone is on their first time playing through a flashpoint. God forbid newbies are allowed to play and learn the game. And God forbid, that I, who had been waiting in the queue for 2 HOURS should be able to actually finish the flashpoint.

We never found a replacement, and had to abandon. Shame, because the jugg, despite it being his first time, was doing really well, and was a nice guy.

Oh well, guess for that Healer, there's no time for anyone who has not dedicated their lives to this game!

Sorei
12.02.2013 , 05:26 PM | #1410
Quote: Originally Posted by MCaliban View Post
I thought I picked it up at level 13 from one of the droids on the Imperial Fleet.

That said...
Threatening Scream - level 30
Crushing Blow - level 47-50 depending on build
Saber Reflect - level 51

Even at level 17, you're not going to have those abilities. Playing SM Hammer Station at-level means that, as a tank, you typically need to be the first to engage a group if you want to have aggro, as you have one AOE ability - Slash - and your single target taunt.
You can get the quest at level 13, but you can first queue for it at level 15.