Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Sorei
11.21.2013 , 07:13 AM | #1341
Recently, I met a Juggernaut DPS in Boarding Party who wore multiple pieces of moddable medium armor.

wainot-keel
11.21.2013 , 07:15 AM | #1342
Quote: Originally Posted by Aryh View Post
I don't initiate vote kicks unless I am certain it will be successful. I am quite sure this one wouldn't have been successful because no group wants a drama before engaging the final boss and no one spoke up. I won't stay in a group with someone who insults me or someone else for no good reason.
Since shrugging off the idiot wasn't a choice for you, you could have stated that it was either him or you in the group for the vote kick, at least that way you could have given the chance the healer and the other dps to continue the flashpoint by forcing them to choose a side.
My point is, quickly dropping from group like that seems harsh, not only on the dps and healer who didn't offend you, but on you too, since you have to start over the flashpoint. The idiot who insulted you, managed to make you lose a lot of time. You gave him too much credit imo

Aryh
11.21.2013 , 07:34 AM | #1343
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
Since shrugging off the idiot wasn't a choice for you, you could have stated that it was either him or you in the group for the vote kick, at least that way you could have given the chance the healer and the other dps to continue the flashpoint by forcing them to choose a side.
My point is, quickly dropping from group like that seems harsh, not only on the dps and healer who didn't offend you, but on you too, since you have to start over the flashpoint. The idiot who insulted you, managed to make you lose a lot of time. You gave him too much credit imo

I appreciate your advice, I really do. I know it was harsh on the healer and the dps. However, I will not make anyone chose between me and someone else. I would never feel comfortable with this and I am not confident enough to do so.
I rather lose time than to tank the boss for him.
(but frankly, they should have been able to finish the FP without me, the boss isn't so hard).
Anyway, I don't pug anymore, because every time there is someone who makes me want to leave, so you don't have to worry about me walking out on people on a regular basis. I don't go well with random people and I'm aware of that.
He's weird, nevertheless, because there's no need to insult someone because your proc ran out,

feketebirka
11.21.2013 , 02:29 PM | #1344
Quote: Originally Posted by Aryh View Post
I appreciate your advice, I really do. I know it was harsh on the healer and the dps. However, I will not make anyone chose between me and someone else. I would never feel comfortable with this and I am not confident enough to do so.
I rather lose time than to tank the boss for him.
(but frankly, they should have been able to finish the FP without me, the boss isn't so hard).
Anyway, I don't pug anymore, because every time there is someone who makes me want to leave, so you don't have to worry about me walking out on people on a regular basis. I don't go well with random people and I'm aware of that.
He's weird, nevertheless, because there's no need to insult someone because your proc ran out,
I totally understand you. People tend to insult tank and heal all the time. I had this, when i was a newbie tank .. while my second run in manda raiders sm, i could not keep aggro from the boss (he carbonized me and dropped aggro every time i managed to use taunt on him). We didnt wipe, and I think only healer died (i am not sure), but a dps wanted to vote kick me, with reason "tank cannot taunt". I was like so furious, I didnt even wait for the votes, i quit. Heck, i was even insulted severely with my on a hammer station sm run (!!) that i suck at healing! Oh, yyes, i did really suck, but so are most beginners .. and believe me, i did try my best that time. And the worst is, that none of the other gruppies said anything ... so i just dropped that group, too.

Those poor souls, that try to heal or tank, and (of course) fail for the first many times just to be additionally stomped to the ground by groupmates. Hell, as DPS you need to know like 2 rules up to .. well HM fp-s like "kill weak to strong" and "dont attack cc" and maybe "dont attack before tank", but thats all. As healer .. there is "dont fight just heal" and "start healing as soon as needed not when near death" .. and .. maybe "watch defubb and cleanse", but that is only for HM FP-s.

Now, as tank you need to know everything. Boss mechanics, mob positions, explosive barrels or healer will have a tough job, and later you even wipe. Even with ops .. DPS get exact orders for all the time, so you can easily first time as DPS before dulfying it. And what if you fck up? Well, then some other DPS will interrupt/kill ads/kill snipers etc, cos there are many. If you fck up as tank, then its a wipe.

I especially love those "smarties", who have a main lvl55 tank, and are just lvling a dps mara, who just tell you what to do, even if you dont ask, even if things go smooth and be prepared that they _will_ be very arrogant and pushy, if you dont do exactly the "way they do it".

So Aryh, I wish you a good time playing this game!

M_Myers
11.21.2013 , 06:34 PM | #1345
Well, my main is a lvl 55 Shadow tank and at the beginning I really sucked at keeping aggro
but learning by doing and I always said that I was new to the role so we cleared the FP mostly with no problems, except the normal under geared shadow problem which is getting just too much damage.

But it was one time I ran a Cademimu HM FP with a really over geared healer.
So, well I was new and i tried my best but at the big mob at the beginning we wiped cause i got too much damage and died. Well at that point the heal started to talk crap.
As we wiped at the bonus boss an he just insulted me I just quit and put him on ignore.

Another strange event took place when i wanted to run asation with my guild with 2 randoms
we needed 2 random DD's and got 2 jedi sage HEALERS, well, we were lucky to get them but there was no chance to clear the OP especially because both wouldn't come into our TS and lied about knowing that OP.

But the biggest problem of them all ist waiting 2 hours for a FP run with my lvl 48 Gunslinger -.-

Kingsbount
11.21.2013 , 08:00 PM | #1346
Quote: Originally Posted by M_Myers View Post
Well, my main is a lvl 55 Shadow tank and at the beginning I really sucked at keeping aggro
but learning by doing and I always said that I was new to the role so we cleared the FP mostly with no problems, except the normal under geared shadow problem which is getting just too much damage.

So, well I was new and i tried my best but at the big mob at the beginning we wiped cause i got too much damage and died. Well at that point the heal started to talk crap.
As we wiped at the bonus boss an he just insulted me I just quit and put him on ignore.

Another strange event took place when i wanted to run asation with my guild with 2 randoms
we needed 2 random DD's and got 2 jedi sage HEALERS, well, we were lucky to get them but there was no chance to clear the OP especially because both wouldn't come into our TS and lied about knowing that OP.

But the biggest problem of them all ist waiting 2 hours for a FP run with my lvl 48 Gunslinger -.-
I'm sorry, but maybe your problem that you are bad tank?

P.S. BTW, playing as a DPS and having long queue times is completely normal.

Pietrastor
11.21.2013 , 08:15 PM | #1347
Few queue for FPs at level 45-50, at that point everyone just rushes to finish the story. Even tanks & healers are hit but long queues at that stage.

feketebirka
11.22.2013 , 12:25 AM | #1348

Bonus boss in cademimu is really annoying, especially for tank, especially for a not overgeared one. I usually just get comms, and leave it there.

Atyaman
11.22.2013 , 05:02 AM | #1349
Quote: Originally Posted by feketebirka View Post
Bonus boss in cademimu is really annoying, especially for tank, especially for a not overgeared one. I usually just get comms, and leave it there.
If you're an undergeared tank there you can use some tools to ease your healer's job.
Shadow - Force speed
Vanguard - Hold the line
Guardian - ask the healer (and rdps*) to stand behind the rails at the edge of the elevator, this way he won't get sucked in, and you can guardian leap to them.

*rdps shouldn't really move around cause they can go down with the elevator in some cases.
'slingers with thei cover mechanic are usually going down, but this is a good source of some chuckle
The Progenitor Gizka The Valcoran Legacy
Vaynesh - Scoundrel | Malcharion - Guardian | Variel - Sentinel | Tarquiel - Shadow | Zestia - Commando
Mersadie - Sorcerer | Skálmöld - Powertech | Saiixek - Operative | Kryshaa - Marauder

AAAAzrael
11.22.2013 , 08:23 AM | #1350
Quote: Originally Posted by Atyaman View Post
If you're an undergeared tank there you can use some tools to ease your healer's job.
Shadow - Force speed
Shadow - 1st time resilienice = 0 dmg, 2nd time phase walk out, 3rd time resilience, 4th time force speed out and drop phase walk, 5th resilience, 6th phasewalk and so on.... This is one of the easier bosses. Annoying is the last boss, no matter how overgeared and if you even can solo him.

Quote:
'slingers with thei cover mechanic are usually going down, but this is a good source of some chuckle
Hunker down FTW
Ingalaarn Conqueror of the Dread Fortress / Ji'kiley The Eternal Warrior
Joshased From Beyond / Dread Slayer Xartanol
Manticore @ The Red Eclipse