Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

TheSupaCoopa
11.18.2013 , 04:43 PM | #1291
Quote: Originally Posted by JEEJohnson View Post
I find Tanks to be the most annoying people in this game. I think because they know they will not have a long queue time they tend to act like tools. I had one tank threaten to kick me because I marked CC Targets.
Duran'del Here:

I main a tank and I don't act like I own the world(This may be a combination of low self-esteem and humility). I also see any mistake(even the ones my DPS or healers make) as my fault....

It's weird, but, oh, well.

Also, DPS seem to act(from my experience) that they are a god and just jump around everywhere.
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

Prototypemind
11.18.2013 , 06:55 PM | #1292
There are horrible, arrogant, and clueless players in every class. It's always funny to see one group saying they only see one role causing issues.

ThreeLeggedCow
11.18.2013 , 07:10 PM | #1293
Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post
I have heard, indeed, that these are very difficult classes to tank with, so I won't judge, but...That's still nor reason to act like a complete punk once you do get those abilities.

CZ-198 story mode --the one with the big droid (I can never remember which is named which):

Me as one of 3 damagers, and a Jugger tank. Well, the queue had popped with him listed as tank, but he was In DPS stance and gear....Well, OK, it's normal mode, 4 geared DPS (my PyroMerc's gear, at about 50 : 50 ilvl 69 and 72 was actually the lowest by a fair margin) can face-roll this (I've done it with 2 + healer companions easily in the past).

We got through fine, but on every freakin' pull --No word of a lie, every. Frigging. Pull.-- this Jugger just kept typing crap in /party like,

"'Y'all need to augment your gear!"

"What are you all new here?"

"Hurry up, noobs!" (Another **** of a rocket-booter pulling 50+ m ahead of the rest of the group...So sick of those!)

And similar.

Ummmm....mate:

Bosses are dead, we all got our loot and comms, no-one died (although it was close a few times. I have off-heals, and I'm always ready to use them in a pinch, but I can't use them if you're constantly either LoS'ing or out-ranging me to go hero-tank those mobs 60m away!), and our [WEEKLY] CZ-198 quest --well, mine anyway-- is done in under 90 minutes just like usual, soooo....What's the problem again?
Yeah this guy was just a dooche. He has, what I like to call, LWS or Little Willy Syndrome. Give a dude with a small Willy a little bit of power, and it goes to his head.

Pietrastor
11.18.2013 , 08:16 PM | #1294
Quote: Originally Posted by Prototypemind View Post
There are horrible, arrogant, and clueless players in every class. It's always funny to see one group saying they only see one role causing issues.
Of course it ain't just one group, every group has the same number of potential trouble makers. The difference is that tank status gives many of these potential trouble makers overconfidence hence why people notice this behaviour from tank group more.

Subach
11.19.2013 , 12:30 AM | #1295
So...I think I found a new build: The Trollslinger.

I main a gunslinger, and doing 55HM Athiss flashpoint, I was grouped with a vanguard tank, scoundrel heals and another Gunsligner. The other gunslinger was the only one who was rather poorly geared, with only 25k or so health. At least it was all cunning.

What was weird about this guy, was his rotation. He did NOTHING but spam Charged Burst. Just kept mashing that button for every cooldown, until his energy was empty. Then, he'd recharge using cool head, burn it all down, and then sit there and spam flurry of bolts. That's what he was like for the first half of the flashpoint; later on I noticed he started using other skills...namely, all of them. Like, literally, all of them. Leg shot, flash grenade...defense screen. Yes, even his defensive cooldowns. When he didn't need them. He was literally randomly pressing buttons whenever he wasn't spamming charged burst. I even saw both a shock charge and a wounding shots - which, for those of you who don't play gunslinger, are in completely seperate skill trees. I know there is a hybrid build that involves both of them, but this simply was not that build. No rotation, no energy management, no vital shot or flourish shot. It was random button mashing. He never once used vital shot or a bleed grenade, so his wounding shots he occassionaly used did literally nothing. I play DF gunslinger in flashpoints, so I'd notice if he was using either of them. Nope, no bleeds, at all. Useless wounding shots is useless.
He also used the aforementioned flash grenade, leg shot, and concussion blast on the final boss, which of course does nothing to his immunities...not to mention he would occassionally use his Lucky Shots buff in the middle of combat, more than enough times to not be an accident.

I asked him initially " Hey, why do you do nothing but spam charged burst?" His answer, after being asked repeatedly? "It does more damage."

Huh.

I let out a prompt "...lawl." to which the tank also replied "lawl." The tank and healer, who were guildies with each other, tried a tactic I never saw before in Athiss, which involves pulling the beast waaay far away so the adds don't spawn...that was apparently to make the fight go faster. I don't see how it does, but whatever. When I asked about it, The Trollslinger explained it for me like he knew what was talking about, so that rules out the implication that he's stupid.

So...does that mean he was doing this on purpose? Was he attempting to troll me? I don't understand why he would do that. I didn't give him much of a reaction other than an initial question...I'm under the impression that this guy is dead serious. Honestly, someone try to answer this for me. Is he doing a really sad attempt to troll, or is this some kind of new-flavour build that I've never heard about?

slafko
11.19.2013 , 01:47 AM | #1296
I had the pleasure of playing with a special shadow tank yesterday. He would run up to a group of mobs, stand just outside aggro range and stand there for at least five seconds. Didn't give it much thought on first few pulls; people usually sort their beverages and snacks after loading the FP, but this guy did it constantly. This, ofcourse, annoys the hell out of me. Other dps and I kept jumping to signal we're ready and there was no need to wait. No. It's like he was trying to bore the mobs to death.

Real drama started when I suggested a few shortcuts for a faster run. Stuff like soft CC and paths. His healer guildie responded with "Let him play the way he wants to". What was really grinding my gears was the fact that the guy was a shadow tank. That being what I main, I got cramps in my stomach before every pull. When we got to the first boss in HS and I noticed I've pulled aggro through guard - a little bit of me died inside. Later in the run he managed to break cc on a marked turret. Twice. Luckily for him, I'm more stubborn and I kept cc'ing until he got the picture.

feketebirka
11.19.2013 , 02:26 AM | #1297
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
It's like he was trying to bore the mobs to death.
He probably was, but you did interrupt all the time.

feketebirka
11.19.2013 , 02:33 AM | #1298
Quote: Originally Posted by Subach View Post
So...I think I found a new build: The Trollslinger.

I main a gunslinger, and doing 55HM Athiss flashpoint, I was grouped with a vanguard tank, scoundrel heals and another Gunsligner. The other gunslinger was the only one who was rather poorly geared, with only 25k or so health. At least it was all cunning.

What was weird about this guy, was his rotation. He did NOTHING but spam Charged Burst. Just kept mashing that button for every cooldown, until his energy was empty. Then, he'd recharge using cool head, burn it all down, and then sit there and spam flurry of bolts. That's what he was like for the first half of the flashpoint; later on I noticed he started using other skills...namely, all of them. Like, literally, all of them. Leg shot, flash grenade...defense screen. Yes, even his defensive cooldowns. When he didn't need them. He was literally randomly pressing buttons whenever he wasn't spamming charged burst. I even saw both a shock charge and a wounding shots - which, for those of you who don't play gunslinger, are in completely seperate skill trees. I know there is a hybrid build that involves both of them, but this simply was not that build. No rotation, no energy management, no vital shot or flourish shot. It was random button mashing. He never once used vital shot or a bleed grenade, so his wounding shots he occassionaly used did literally nothing. I play DF gunslinger in flashpoints, so I'd notice if he was using either of them. Nope, no bleeds, at all. Useless wounding shots is useless.
He also used the aforementioned flash grenade, leg shot, and concussion blast on the final boss, which of course does nothing to his immunities...not to mention he would occassionally use his Lucky Shots buff in the middle of combat, more than enough times to not be an accident.

I asked him initially " Hey, why do you do nothing but spam charged burst?" His answer, after being asked repeatedly? "It does more damage."

Huh.

I let out a prompt "...lawl." to which the tank also replied "lawl." The tank and healer, who were guildies with each other, tried a tactic I never saw before in Athiss, which involves pulling the beast waaay far away so the adds don't spawn...that was apparently to make the fight go faster. I don't see how it does, but whatever. When I asked about it, The Trollslinger explained it for me like he knew what was talking about, so that rules out the implication that he's stupid.

So...does that mean he was doing this on purpose? Was he attempting to troll me? I don't understand why he would do that. I didn't give him much of a reaction other than an initial question...I'm under the impression that this guy is dead serious. Honestly, someone try to answer this for me. Is he doing a really sad attempt to troll, or is this some kind of new-flavour build that I've never heard about?
No breaking cc-s? No attack ahead of group? No wipes? Did he even .. kill weak to strong? These make him an above average dps even for lvl 55 hm fps.

Subach
11.19.2013 , 02:38 AM | #1299
Quote: Originally Posted by feketebirka View Post
No breaking cc-s? No attack ahead of group? No wipes? Did he even .. kill weak to strong? These make him an above average dps even for lvl 55 hm fps.
Realize that I've never encountered anything close to the behaviour in this thread yet in a flashpoint, so this is new to me. Maybe it's just my server (Jedi Covenant). Regardless, my point is that he's weird (as is also the point of this thread), not terrible. His behaviour was just baffling.

Bowenator
11.19.2013 , 02:49 AM | #1300
Quote: Originally Posted by Subach View Post
The tank and healer, who were guildies with each other, tried a tactic I never saw before in Athiss, which involves pulling the beast waaay far away so the adds don't spawn...that was apparently to make the fight go faster. I don't see how it does, but whatever. When I asked about it, The Trollslinger explained it for me like he knew what was talking about, so that rules out the implication that he's stupid.

If you're talking about the beast of Vodal Kressh (big dog thing), a lot of groups want to spend the extra time to clear the trash back to the cave then drag him all the way back so he doesn't spawn additional adds. It is a fairly common strat but entirely unnecessary if your group is halfway good. It definitely does not save time unless the group is so bad it would've wiped otherwise. If I am tanking I will always pull the boss in place. Have even had cases where the dps didn't AoE down the adds and I tanked them all in place (popping every CD I had) until the end.

I don't think the slinger was trolling. I think he was genuinely bad. There are a lot of people who unknowingly do not understand simple mechanics or rotations.
Bro on Jedi Covenant - confusing your voice chat since 2011
Bro, Bro-curious, Bro-bafett, Bro'backmtn, Bro-lolololol
Bro-biden, Bro-bot, Donthealme-bro, Bro-biwan, Pawpatine