Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

steave
11.17.2013 , 07:59 PM | #1281
Quote: Originally Posted by Bilirubin View Post
Just had the standard "tank needing on the DPS item I could have used" issue tonight. People suck; and I could have used those boots on my DPS--one of two who cleared most of the instance before the tank actually made it to the group.

Whatever, I tank on my main, but wow, people think that is ok?
Unless we're talking level 55 stuff here, I don't have a problem with that. The leveling content in this game is so easy that a tank in DPS gear+shield will get more than enough mitigation from his spec alone to tank anything, so I always just do that so I can clear the solo content faster on my leveling tanks.

VaeVictis
11.17.2013 , 09:32 PM | #1282
Queue up for HM 50 just to knock out the weeklies on my 53 Sorc. Get Lost Island. Eh, whatever, I've talked groups through it before. So zone in and start looking at what I'm working with:

First DPS, 55 with 28K HP. No problems there.

Second DPS, 53 with 18K HP who's never run it. A little undergeared for LI but this could work...

Tank, 50 with 9.8K HP. Inspect and find all greens lvl 40 or below.

To be fair the Tank was enthusiastic about it in a "How do we know if we don't even try?" kind of way. Trust me friend I know. I've now started queuing for Ilum only....10 basic comms aren't that critical.

ThreeLeggedCow
11.17.2013 , 10:51 PM | #1283
Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post
I have noticed that many Jugg/Guardian tanks tend to have....attitudes. Crap attitudes.

I almost never see this among Sin/Shadow or PTech/Vanguard tanks, though. Also those classes of tank actually seem to know what the f they're doing more often than the glowy *****-surrogate wielders.

What's up with that?
It may have to do with the fact that tanking on a juggernaught/guardian early on is an absolute PAIN IN THE *** due to our lack of aoe threat generating abilities apart from smash for nearly 30+ lvls. There single target threat is aweful untill u get backhand. The long cd's on our taunts dont help matters much either (especially the aoe taunt).

I have leveled all three tanks to 55 in tank spec and can say that juggers are the hardest tanks to tank on, though they are much better now then they where at launch. My second toon was a jugger tank (pre 1.4 patch where the 200% threat boost was added) and it was not an enjoyable experience. Once i got sweeping slash life got better, but it was still relatively easy for dps to pull add packs off me especially when the idiots open with aoe abilities like Death From Above/Death Field/Orbital Strike etc.

Kacynski
11.17.2013 , 11:25 PM | #1284
After following this thread for a while I thought that our server might be somehow special, as I never encountered anything especially weird or problematic .... until lately

I was levelling a Scoundrel healer and did a good deal of FPs during levelling, managed to go to 50 without any problems. I got myself the Makeb comm gear and hit the queue for 50HM. Instapop. Well everything went smootly up to this point so I didn't check the others, when I started to notice that our tank was especially hard to heal. I took a closer look, and yep he was in DD stance. I asked politely that he changes stance, but there was no reply. I checked his gear and it was all greens with DD stats, so I pointed out that this is a HM and we cannot get away with a "tank"in DD specc and with poor DD gear ... the DD's chimed in started to also (politely) point out to the tank that he is a liability for the group at which point he just silently left. We finished the FP with a companion tank of one of the DPS (he was lvl53 which helped) without further problems.
I decided to go for one more FP before calling it a day and get False Emperor. Having had the bad experience from the last FP I checked my team, and you can be sure that we had another "tank"without tank stance and with DPS equip. I start writing in the chat, that this is not going to work when the "tank" jumped into the first group. As I was still at the spawn point and typing, there were no heals and the tank died quickly. I ran there and managed to rescue one of the DPS. While I was again typing that this is not going to work, they immediately started to engage the mobs again ... and the tank died again ofc. I typed a quick "WAIT" into the chat, when a vote kick against me was initiated and went through for the reason "Cannot heal"... well "Did not heal" would have been correct as I was trying to set the group straight before we start, but there was no patience or listening. Instead they kicked a adequately geared and skilled healer and stayed with a poor tank ...
Why some people do not even look into the chat and have no patience to wait and make sure everything is set and ready is beyond me. But I guess they had good fun with their tank ..

DeltaBos
11.17.2013 , 11:34 PM | #1285
A few weeks ago I ran the Battle of Ilum. I noticed our tank was dying rather quickly. I did an inspect on him, and sure enough, he wasn't using a shield generator. He didn't even have ANY head piece, or implants, or ear piece.

Another time I did Directive 7 on SM. I was the tank and I noticed I wasn't getting any heals. When I asked our healer what was up, he said he didn't realized he had queued as heals and left. We had a scoundrel in our group, whom I had worked with before on an alt... knew he didn't really follow direction well, and asked him if he could provide heals for a while since it was sm. He refused, and wouldn't even cc enemies. Needless to say, we didn't get very far and I ended up dropping.

theStirge
11.18.2013 , 04:00 AM | #1286
Quote: Originally Posted by DeltaBos View Post
A few weeks ago I ran the Battle of Ilum. I noticed our tank was dying rather quickly. I did an inspect on him, and sure enough, he wasn't using a shield generator. He didn't even have ANY head piece, or implants, or ear piece.

Another time I did Directive 7 on SM. I was the tank and I noticed I wasn't getting any heals. When I asked our healer what was up, he said he didn't realized he had queued as heals and left. We had a scoundrel in our group, whom I had worked with before on an alt... knew he didn't really follow direction well, and asked him if he could provide heals for a while since it was sm. He refused, and wouldn't even cc enemies. Needless to say, we didn't get very far and I ended up dropping.
The bug where you can't always see people's off-hand equipment is still alive and well, but no head, implant, or ear? ...Yeah.

Also, to be fair to the scoundrel, scoundrels/operatives get most of their heal abilities from talents, certainly all the good ones. Refusing to CC just makes him a jerk, though.

midianlord
11.18.2013 , 11:19 AM | #1287
Quote: Originally Posted by ThreeLeggedCow View Post
It may have to do with the fact that tanking on a juggernaught/guardian early on is an absolute PAIN IN THE *** due to our lack of aoe threat generating abilities apart from smash for nearly 30+ lvls. There single target threat is aweful untill u get backhand. The long cd's on our taunts dont help matters much either (especially the aoe taunt).

I have leveled all three tanks to 55 in tank spec and can say that juggers are the hardest tanks to tank on, though they are much better now then they where at launch. My second toon was a jugger tank (pre 1.4 patch where the 200% threat boost was added) and it was not an enjoyable experience. Once i got sweeping slash life got better, but it was still relatively easy for dps to pull add packs off me especially when the idiots open with aoe abilities like Death From Above/Death Field/Orbital Strike etc.
I have heard, indeed, that these are very difficult classes to tank with, so I won't judge, but...That's still nor reason to act like a complete punk once you do get those abilities.

CZ-198 story mode --the one with the big droid (I can never remember which is named which):

Me as one of 3 damagers, and a Jugger tank. Well, the queue had popped with him listed as tank, but he was In DPS stance and gear....Well, OK, it's normal mode, 4 geared DPS (my PyroMerc's gear, at about 50 : 50 ilvl 69 and 72 was actually the lowest by a fair margin) can face-roll this (I've done it with 2 + healer companions easily in the past).

We got through fine, but on every freakin' pull --No word of a lie, every. Frigging. Pull.-- this Jugger just kept typing crap in /party like,

"'Y'all need to augment your gear!"

"What are you all new here?"

"Hurry up, noobs!" (Another **** of a rocket-booter pulling 50+ m ahead of the rest of the group...So sick of those!)

And similar.

Ummmm....mate:

Bosses are dead, we all got our loot and comms, no-one died (although it was close a few times. I have off-heals, and I'm always ready to use them in a pinch, but I can't use them if you're constantly either LoS'ing or out-ranging me to go hero-tank those mobs 60m away!), and our [WEEKLY] CZ-198 quest --well, mine anyway-- is done in under 90 minutes just like usual, soooo....What's the problem again?
Proud "elitist." Even more proud to be an un-reconstructed "gaming-culture snob."
Merc and 'Slinger 4 life

All you'll ever need to know about PvP in this game: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=730402

Spoiler

Skodan
11.18.2013 , 12:12 PM | #1288
Quote: Originally Posted by mustopak View Post
If I were the group leader, I would have kicked him out and pulled out my Kaliyo really. I endured and healed some pretty ****** attitude tank but this one just takes the cake.
You dont have to be the group leader to initiate a kick.
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

AbsolutGrndZero
11.18.2013 , 03:21 PM | #1289
Quote: Originally Posted by JEEJohnson View Post
I did friend the DPS, and put the tank on ignore. I also paid the DPS back, it wasn't I couldnt afford the 4k I just didn't want to pay the ninja looter
OH yeah i know what you mean.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

wadecounty
11.18.2013 , 04:38 PM | #1290
Quote: Originally Posted by JEEJohnson View Post
I find Tanks to be the most annoying people in this game. I think becasue they know they will not have a long queue time they tend to act like tools. I had one tank threaten to kick me becasue I marked CC Targets.
I think if you played all 3 roles you might disagree (though maybe you do, I don't know).

Personally here's my thought on it, most people don't want to tank for you anyways, since its basically the same thing a DPS does but with added responsibility (you're the leader, you have to keep everything aggro'd to you). So when I see dumb crap like DPS pulling ahead of me, tbh I lose interest... I'm here as a tank to fill a role, why do you have to make my job more difficult when I'd rather be DPSing in the first place to begin with?

So yeah, I understand your point about being able to kill the group without really entering combat... but for the most part, imo that tank did the right thing. If a DPS wants to initiate pulls, leave the instance and let them have fun with it.
Kandel - Juggernaut Lef - Guardian
Nyeetra - Assassin Milarra - Sage
Lendros - Mercenary Jakor - Vanguard
Iseline - Operative Lysandere - Gunslinger