Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Prototypemind
11.10.2013 , 11:51 PM | #1231
Quote: Originally Posted by Ksteeler View Post
Hey all.
Was running Zerka Core Labs HM the other night as Sage Healer. Didn't start off good with one of the DPS leaving group as soon as we all get to start of FP. No big deal i think. The Tank decides we are just gonna run it with three, he is a Vanguard btw. Not really an issu until i inspect the other DPS, a commando, who is a fresh 55 with around 21k health, not a big deal to me, Hey everyone was there at one point. Anyway run the first part to first boss easily enough. 1st attempt at the boss, we get wiped. Figuring its only because we have three. Tank adds us to the GF and a sentinal pops in to join us. 2nd attempt we clear it, barely. It was at this point i realise the tank is not even close to the boss. he is standing on the side spamming his full auto and AOE. When the droid electifies the water everybody generally groups up for some AOE heals. Not the tank. Likes to go to the opposite side, not get healed and fight the adds that spawn. Neadless to say he dies after asking him to group up for the heals, no answer. Battle rez and finish the boss and move on.

Second boss wipe the first attemp as tank and commando DPS get blasted by a rocket. While making way to 2nd attemp get a message in chat asking "Are you heling?" Answer with "Uhh ya". Second attempt. Tank jumps in grabs aggro then backs out and start the old spam full auto and AOE again. commando blasted by rocket. Battle rez still on CD. Tank hit with rocket killed and we wipe again. Next i see in chat "WHY DO I KEEP DYING." I appologize to the sent and commando but inform them i need to leave and leave the instance.
Think it would have been best in this situation to explain in group chat what needed to happen on the fight. Regardless of the tank clearly not being the best, that rocket attack targets a player at random and there's nothing the tank can do about it. I do think they finally for the most part fixed the issue where it was hitting players even when they moved out of the red circle, but it's still a squirrely situation, and I've had groups wipe or nearly wipe who haven't had much trouble on the bot or Rasmus.

Also, the add bots on the Eradicator droid won't attack unless you attack them. I've had groups finish the boss with a them just chilling there doing nothing. Most groups do kill them off, but they will just stand there if you don't touch them.

Fidelicatessen
11.11.2013 , 02:40 AM | #1232
Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post
I don't have any problem whatsoever with people having it, or acquiring it in whichever manner.

It's the way a lot of people use the damned things in FPs that annoys the living Hell out of me lately. Not all of us have those, not all of us want those, and I'm bloody well not going to tolerate being *****ed at for "holding the group up" because I don't have them.

That's happened only once so far --completed the FP successfully, said "TY for group all, cheers," zoned out, added the spoiled little rich-boy whiner to /ignore.
I can tell you're a subscriber, or you wouldn't be able to post here. That means you get a monthly stipend of cartel coins.

Rocket boots are one of the top 5 most useful things you can spend cartel coins on. Instead of railing against "spoiled little rich-boy whiners" (I honestly don't get why you think they were spoiled or rich), why not just pick yourself up the ability and find out why everyone thinks it's so gosh-darn useful? They really aren't that expensive (less than your monthly stipend of cartel coins!) and they apply to all characters in your legacy. It's sort of funny in a tragic way to hear about how much you hate them, considering how very useful they really are.

To each their own, of course! Love that indoor jogging. Love it!

Beslley
11.11.2013 , 02:57 AM | #1233
Quote: Originally Posted by Fidelicatessen View Post
I can tell you're a subscriber, or you wouldn't be able to post here. That means you get a monthly stipend of cartel coins.

Rocket boots are one of the top 5 most useful things you can spend cartel coins on. Instead of railing against "spoiled little rich-boy whiners" (I honestly don't get why you think they were spoiled or rich), why not just pick yourself up the ability and find out why everyone thinks it's so gosh-darn useful? They really aren't that expensive (less than your monthly stipend of cartel coins!) and they apply to all characters in your legacy. It's sort of funny in a tragic way to hear about how much you hate them, considering how very useful they really are.

To each their own, of course! Love that indoor jogging. Love it!
I get so mad when I'm running back from a raid wipe and my boots are down.
GOTTAGOFAAAAST
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT

slafko
11.11.2013 , 03:07 AM | #1234
Rocket boost is awesome.

Stealth out when the last mob is low on health, fire up the rockets, pull aggro on next grup while the derpies and healer are busy looting.

rantboi
11.11.2013 , 04:18 AM | #1235
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
Rocket boost is awesome.

Stealth out when the last mob is low on health, fire up the rockets, pull aggro on next grup while the derpies and healer are busy looting.
and blame the healer if you die while they are still 100 meters away?

ZentheSecond
11.11.2013 , 10:08 AM | #1236
Do not think I shared this one yet but it made me chuckle;
HM Cad, marauder Dps, Merc healer, Merc Dps and myself on my tank. The Merc healer calls for a gaurd, I throw it on the Merc Dps. This is rare that I even gaurd when I tank on my Sin but I make exceptions for certain bosses and/or classes/players. Healer whines a bit and throws out some Dps during thrash to pull threat onto himself. I do not take the bait really, I run HM Ops with a 3.3k aim Merc and he can pull aggro easy and this Merc dps was near that much aim.

Get to the Wookie boss and I drop my phase walk on the plane nearby, the Merc duo gets on I use force pull and duck behind the plane. Only to see the marauder (a guildie of the healer) charge onto the Wookie. So I taunt but the Wookie does not want to come so I decide.... "F this jerk wants to be impatient he can tank" I drop combat walk around and actually sit down to watch. Marauder dies and goes all "*** tank why you no tank" to which I replied with something along the lines of "The phase walk is on the plane, the other Dps is on the plAne, and the healer your guildie is on the damned plane. You decided not to wait so I thought that meant you wanted to tank" all the while typing that out I had picked up the boss off the other two and we downed him. The Merc Dps actually whispered me laughing when he saw me sit down to enjoy the show, smart guy too he stopped DPS'ing the Wookie too lol.

Was I wrong to drop combat and watch? Probably.
Did that marauder learn a lesson? God I hope so.
I always do a chat warning about not pulling ahead of me in HM FPs, I have done them dozens of times and know little tricks to clear the thrash without issues and for the bosses. If they continue I often just let them tank till they die, a repair bill is quite good lesson IMO ^.^

midianlord
11.11.2013 , 10:16 AM | #1237
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
Rocket boost is awesome.

And get added to every /ignore list on the server. You go, you stealth-drop hero-going guy, you!

Don't forget, it's always the healer's fault, especially if the healer is a Merc/Mando.
Guys/Gals, could you please start queuing for real Flashpoints again?

r/DPS 4 life

Spoiler

midianlord
11.11.2013 , 10:31 AM | #1238
[...] Instead of railing against "spoiled little rich-boy whiners" (I honestly don't get why you think they were spoiled or rich) [...]
It's the way they act about it, not that they have it.

Also, people with them always seem to run way ahead and pull before everybody else has caught up. I'm not the only one who doesn't have --or want-- them, and it's generally A Bad Idea(TM) to pull aggro in 55 [HARD] instances without the healer being in range to, you know, heal you through that level of beating.

[...] why not just pick yourself up the ability and find out why everyone thinks it's so gosh-darn useful? They really aren't that expensive (less than your monthly stipend of cartel coins!) and they apply to all characters in your legacy. It's sort of funny in a tragic way to hear about how much you hate them, considering how very useful they really are. [...]
They're not that cheap either. I use my CC stipend --when I use it at all-- to flip Packs on the GTN for creds. Why is it so wrong that, aside from the odd Pack-flipping, I find anything to do with the cash-shop repellent and want as little as possible to do with it?

Don't you get it?

If everyone keeps buying these "must-have" items through that *********** cash-shop, then do you seriously believe that, eventually, EA won't start sneaking in obvious-advantage item, on the (apparently quite correct) assumption that all these good little sheep will line right up, credit cards in hand to get them?

I cannot, in good conscience, contribute to this, even if I get my coins "free."

Why?

Because when all is said and done, I like this game --warts, utterly clueless/completely incapable of thinking outside the box devs, crap entitled-kiddie-community and all-- and want it to succeed, but I want it to do so for the right reasons.

Good cash-shop life-support slowly but surely going pay-to-win is not the right reason for an MMO's success.
Guys/Gals, could you please start queuing for real Flashpoints again?

r/DPS 4 life

Spoiler

Prototypemind
11.11.2013 , 06:58 PM | #1239

Also, people with them always seem to run way ahead and pull before everybody else has caught up. I'm not the only one who doesn't have --or want-- them, and it's generally A Bad Idea(TM) to pull aggro in 55 [HARD] instances without the healer being in range to, you know, heal you through that level of beating.

They're not that cheap either. I use my CC stipend --when I use it at all-- to flip Packs on the GTN for creds. Why is it so wrong that, aside from the odd Pack-flipping, I find anything to do with the cash-shop repellent and want as little as possible to do with it?

Don't you get it?

If everyone keeps buying these "must-have" items through that *********** cash-shop, then do you seriously believe that, eventually, EA won't start sneaking in obvious-advantage item, on the (apparently quite correct) assumption that all these good little sheep will line right up, credit cards in hand to get them?

I cannot, in good conscience, contribute to this, even if I get my coins "free."

Why?

Because when all is said and done, I like this game --warts, utterly clueless/completely incapable of thinking outside the box devs, crap entitled-kiddie-community and all-- and want it to succeed, but I want it to do so for the right reasons.

Good cash-shop life-support slowly but surely going pay-to-win is not the right reason for an MMO's success.
So you choose to flip packs instead of buying the rocket boost. That's your choice. The boost makes everything go quicker in and out of flashpoints, so why not get them? It has nothing to do with being spoiled. I used my allotted coins to get it at "no cost" and you could do the same.

VoW_LugNut
11.11.2013 , 07:19 PM | #1240
You do realize that the rocket boost has been available since Patch 1.2 (Well before the Cartel Market release), right?

Your "Pay to win" argument is invalid.
Lugnut - PT Tank
Hatred - The Harbinger
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
16-man is also more forgiving to mistakes and should increase the chances of a successful group.