Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

BadOrb
11.08.2013 , 03:26 PM | #1221
Quote: Originally Posted by ELRunninW View Post
Because I have made a choice before you decided to take advantage of the system and win the item for yourself. Well next time I will need on everything that pops. it is your idea of what one actually needs, like mats. We all need them but it does not mean we have to select need every single time. If i don't need an Item I will select pass, have you forgotten about this option? I so don't want to be dragged into pointless conversation.

P.S. I have caps lock on my keyboard but I understand I should not be using it. Just because there is a need button....
That's how it was three of us chose greed as it wasn't for any of us and then the fourth person took advantage and rolled need. I agree with you on mats and things I think rolling greed is fine. I also agree with the last part you mention , I think people do forget that there is a pass option , maybe that's where those two party members got confused.

It seems you where right the topic is a little toxic it seems , sorry I asked now , no worries though , just don't get yourself upset over the replies etc. O and before I forget the person needing on that tank piece caused another party member to need on extra items at the final boss , due to the other two party members lack of knowledge or understanding of the system. So good luck to them but they might get some one really annoyed at some point.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

thecoffeecup
11.08.2013 , 05:11 PM | #1222
Luckily it doesn't matter much at max level because serious raids use master looter, and all the other loot is pretty easy to get. When was the last time anyone actually needed something from a FP? It happens, but it doesn't happen often.

The best excuse I've ever heard to need something you don't need is "im bad sith lol". Clearly that person knew he was being a jerk. No debate necessary when even he thinks he was in the wrong

I agree, it is a matter of perception of what one person needs. I may need an item for my companion or alternative armor set, or simply because I want to sell it to a vendor, we all need credits right? All choices can be explained somehow, but often, unless you chose need, you are not likely going to get the item.
That's not what I meant, but let's leave that discussion for another time and another place.

Siorac
11.08.2013 , 06:51 PM | #1223
Because I have made a choice before you decided to take advantage of the system and win the item for yourself. Well next time I will need on everything that pops. it is your idea of what one actually needs, like mats. We all need them but it does not mean we have to select need every single time. If i don't need an Item I will select pass, have you forgotten about this option? I so don't want to be dragged into pointless conversation.

P.S. I have caps lock on my keyboard but I understand I should not be using it. Just because there is a need button....
I genuinely don't understand what you're talking about. You said you find it rude if someone rolls need on an item you all require or need. If you need it, why don't you roll need?

Let's say that I'm running an FP with another DPS Guardian. A piece of gear drops that's an upgrade for both of us. Do you consider it rude if we both roll need?

ekimmak
11.09.2013 , 03:36 PM | #1225
Quote: Originally Posted by rantboi View Post
i want to read about weirdos and not about greedy ******es
Well, I use /wave on any opposite faction characters I meet. Does that count as weird?
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.

midianlord
11.09.2013 , 04:30 PM | #1226
Quote: Originally Posted by ekimmak View Post
Well, I use /wave on any opposite faction characters I meet. Does that count as weird?
I've been known to use the /belch emote for the same situation.

Also, "/Me farts in your general direction!"
Guys/Gals, could you please start queuing for real Flashpoints again?

r/DPS 4 life

Spoiler

MishraArtificer
11.09.2013 , 06:13 PM | #1227
Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post
I've been known to use the /belch emote for the same situation.

Also, "/Me farts in your general direction!"
If I'm on a character of one faction, and find a player from the opposite faction out in the wild trying to kill something for a quest, I'll help them kill it.

Then I'll use a class emote belonging to their class (if I have it) or just /salute (if I don't). I think THAT qualifies as weird.

Sometimes, I'll even go into /say and say, "Well met, (character name)." It's amazing how few characters know about how /say works cross-faction...
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

theStirge
11.09.2013 , 08:11 PM | #1228
Quote: Originally Posted by MishraArtificer View Post
If I'm on a character of one faction, and find a player from the opposite faction out in the wild trying to kill something for a quest, I'll help them kill it.

Then I'll use a class emote belonging to their class (if I have it) or just /salute (if I don't). I think THAT qualifies as weird.

Sometimes, I'll even go into /say and say, "Well met, (character name)." It's amazing how few characters know about how /say works cross-faction...
Sometimes if I find an enemy player fighting friendly mobs, I'll start healing the mobs. It makes me laugh, but I always feel bad about it later. Not so bad I don't do it again, though.
The n'Sappho Legacy, The Harbinger
Zel'eena, 55 Combat Sentinel
Eleeta, 55 Medic Operative; Fer'eerra, 55 Lightning Sorcerer
All Chiss, all the time, all day, forever.

Ksteeler
11.10.2013 , 12:16 PM | #1229
Hey all.
Was running Zerka Core Labs HM the other night as Sage Healer. Didn't start off good with one of the DPS leaving group as soon as we all get to start of FP. No big deal i think. The Tank decides we are just gonna run it with three, he is a Vanguard btw. Not really an issu until i inspect the other DPS, a commando, who is a fresh 55 with around 21k health, not a big deal to me, Hey everyone was there at one point. Anyway run the first part to first boss easily enough. 1st attempt at the boss, we get wiped. Figuring its only because we have three. Tank adds us to the GF and a sentinal pops in to join us. 2nd attempt we clear it, barely. It was at this point i realise the tank is not even close to the boss. he is standing on the side spamming his full auto and AOE. When the droid electifies the water everybody generally groups up for some AOE heals. Not the tank. Likes to go to the opposite side, not get healed and fight the adds that spawn. Neadless to say he dies after asking him to group up for the heals, no answer. Battle rez and finish the boss and move on.

Second boss wipe the first attemp as tank and commando DPS get blasted by a rocket. While making way to 2nd attemp get a message in chat asking "Are you heling?" Answer with "Uhh ya". Second attempt. Tank jumps in grabs aggro then backs out and start the old spam full auto and AOE again. commando blasted by rocket. Battle rez still on CD. Tank hit with rocket killed and we wipe again. Next i see in chat "WHY DO I KEEP DYING." I appologize to the sent and commando but inform them i need to leave and leave the instance.

midianlord
11.10.2013 , 01:43 PM | #1230
Quote: Originally Posted by theStirge View Post
Sometimes if I find an enemy player fighting friendly mobs, I'll start healing the mobs. It makes me laugh, but I always feel bad about it later. Not so bad I don't do it again, though.
Be careful of that on a PvE server --it can be construed as griefing in the right situation, and at least "report-able," if not necessarily "action-able."

Hey at least you're honest enough to admit that it is kind of a dick move, too (Because let's face it, it totally is )
Guys/Gals, could you please start queuing for real Flashpoints again?

r/DPS 4 life

Spoiler