Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

midianlord
11.05.2013 , 09:52 AM | #1181
Quote: Originally Posted by Primesghost View Post
Jumped into Czerka Core Meltdown through the GF yesterday for the Weekly. Group was solid, three DPS and I'm a well geared Sorc heals. We're smashing through it and one DPS, a sniper, keeps running ahead and instantly aggroing the next group, not stopping for anything, not healing between fights. Doesn't take long before I decide to stop healing him altogether.

First time we come to a boss he pulls before we're all in the room. We down it, the rest of the group complains in chat asking him to knock it off. He doesn't stop, we get to the next boss and he does it again with one group member outside the door. The two of us in with him decide we're done. We stand by the door and let him die. No heals, no support at all.

He solo's it.

Never says a word, just keeps right on plowing ahead. Never gets or needs a heal, never gets or needs support.

Dammit.
The story-modes of both the CZ-198 instances are just a bit too easy, IMHO:

Hell, you could probably solo them with the right class/companion and not-too-absurd over-gearing.

A level-cap appropriate group instance that rewards comms for "mainline" [HARD]-mode and starter Raid-level gear (I got all three of my Arkanian Ear + Implants from them --and my 69-modded offhand gun!-- although I misremember if these were from the [HARD] or normal versions) should not be that forgiving of derp-ness.

It's one thing that annoys me to no end with those, people running way ahead* to pull when you're still like 1km back. Stay together, work as a group, the instance will go just as fast or faster, and I guarantee the [HARD] modes of both of those will punish such complacency harshly.

*I want to /facedesk every time I see someone activating those stupid rocket-boots now. No, I utterly refuse to use --!!CARTEL COINS!!-- to buy them from the --!!CARTEL MARKET!!-- like EA wants me to, and I have much better things to spend 2mn creds on, so stop busting my chops about it, or be added to my /ignore list.
SW: tOR and BioWare are dead to me.
20 December 2011 --- 26 January 2017
#SWTOR_DeservedBetterThanBen

Prototypemind
11.05.2013 , 09:57 AM | #1182
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
You aren't really arguing that standing in avoidable aoes is a "preference as how to do things", are you?
http://dulfy.net/2013/07/02/swtor-ha...shpoint-guide/

Same way I do it. The tank does not need to run out of the water during this phase. If the healer wants to pull him out fine. If he's a Shadow/Sin and wants to FS out, fine, but it is easy to keep damage to a minimum. Again, if you have a specific strategy discuss it beforehand or simply accept that it's a pug group, get it done, and zone out.

sithBracer
11.05.2013 , 10:51 AM | #1183
Quote: Originally Posted by Prototypemind View Post
http://dulfy.net/2013/07/02/swtor-ha...shpoint-guide/

Same way I do it. The tank does not need to run out of the water during this phase. If the healer wants to pull him out fine. If he's a Shadow/Sin and wants to FS out, fine, but it is easy to keep damage to a minimum. Again, if you have a specific strategy discuss it beforehand or simply accept that it's a pug group, get it done, and zone out.
Did you actually read the part that says: "When he finishes casts Charged Plating, he takes reduced damage and the water around him becomes electrified. Anyone who stay in the water will be slowed and receive a ticking damage. (Donít stand in the water)".

You are gaining nothing by standing in the water, putting more pressure on the healer (especially if he is the one pulled in or the big add starts attacking him-big ones are the ones that attack unprovoked), you are putting your strongest attacks/DCDs on CD when he has a shield up (unless you are using your weak attacks which are barely doing fluff damage); even if you are losing only one project/shock, that one project/shock will probably do almost as much damage when his shield is down than all your attacks when his shield is up. And if the healer is a sorc or merc, you are adding to their energy issues (especially those that are still new and not very used to managing energy-yes we were all there once and all have to learn how to do it properly, not the healers fault bioware decides to group HM czerkas with the easy hm fps for dailies).

And you are doing all this for what? A little more fluff damage? It makes absolutely no sense.
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
MŠkaela - assassin in the shadows

ElGordo
11.05.2013 , 10:55 AM | #1184
Quote: Originally Posted by SuspectDown View Post
In that situation I was Sorc Heals and didn't have any problems. I've ran through Cad many times and I think LoS is overused and overrated in many situations.
I LOS on pug's because I do not know you. LOS also allows us, the tank, to not have to run around grabbing the adds. Because lately I have noticed that pug dps like to attack what I attack.

Bowenator
11.05.2013 , 12:14 PM | #1185
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
You aren't really arguing that standing in avoidable aoes is a "preference as how to do things", are you?
If this forum had a like button, I'd press the Hell out of it right now.

Anyway, have run that FP about 25+ times in all roles and have never had a successful group that thought it was an acceptable strategy to stand in the electrified water every time. As the healer, you can regulate people who choose to play like ******es. The same way a tank may elect not to AoE taunt the mobs off a marauder who leaps headfirst into a pack for the 5th time in a non-speed run.

Honestly if he noticed he wasn't getting heals and ran out he would've gotten heals. Or he probably could've survived with his self-heals if he was smart enough to pop his phasewalk.
Bro on Jedi Covenant - confusing your voice chat since 2011
Bro, Bro-curious, Bro-bafett, Bro'backmtn, Bro-lolololol
Bro-biden, Bro-bot, Donthealme-bro, Bro-biwan, Pawpatine

Darkelefantos
11.05.2013 , 12:58 PM | #1186
Quote: Originally Posted by Bowenator View Post
If this forum had a like button, I'd press the Hell out of it right now.

Anyway, have run that FP about 25+ times in all roles and have never had a successful group that thought it was an acceptable strategy to stand in the electrified water every time. As the healer, you can regulate people who choose to play like ******es. The same way a tank may elect not to AoE taunt the mobs off a marauder who leaps headfirst into a pack for the 5th time in a non-speed run.

Honestly if he noticed he wasn't getting heals and ran out he would've gotten heals. Or he probably could've survived with his self-heals if he was smart enough to pop his phasewalk.
I really hope you mean the HM version (you never said which one). Because otherwise, that'd be just silly. Then again, in story mode, I can't imagine that there is a way to die in that fight.

Prototypemind
11.05.2013 , 01:26 PM | #1187
Quote: Originally Posted by sithBracer View Post
Did you actually read the part that says: "When he finishes casts Charged Plating, he takes reduced damage and the water around him becomes electrified. Anyone who stay in the water will be slowed and receive a ticking damage. (Donít stand in the water)".
Did you actually watch the vid? He tanks it the same way I mentioned. Get snide, get an attitude, vent your righteous anger as you like. Again, with shroud up the healer doesn't even have to do a thing during the electric phase, and as a Jugg the damage is minimal. Never had an issue with the groups I've run with.

chuixupu
11.05.2013 , 01:37 PM | #1188
Speaking of standing in circles, there was a dps in Czerka Meltdown that somehow didn't understand that standing in a red reticle that eventually dropped a bomb that turns into a big static field was not ok to stand in. Twice. You'd think he'd learn the first time, or the moment his health started ticking down.

Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post
*I want to /facedesk every time I see someone activating those stupid rocket-boots now. No, I utterly refuse to use --!!CARTEL COINS!!-- to buy them from the --!!CARTEL MARKET!!-- like EA wants me to, and I have much better things to spend 2mn creds on, so stop busting my chops about it, or be added to my /ignore list.
If you don't want to spend credits OR CCs for it, that's fine, but why be angry at those who do? Honestly I think of all the things I have spend any currency on, those are at the top of my list of usefulness for everything. It doesn't even cost half of a monthly stipend of CC's, it's not like you have to pay EA more money.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Loc_n_lol
11.05.2013 , 01:43 PM | #1189
Quote: Originally Posted by Prototypemind View Post
Did you actually watch the vid? He tanks it the same way I mentioned.
That's an early version of the flashpoint, he does way more damage now. Look at the comments. It's not just the tank standing in the water, everybody does and they're not nearly dying. The guide also seems out of date in regards to the blue and red flesh raiders, which must be damaged to trigger chemical reaction, and the security chief's conal shotgun blast can't be avoided because it tracks the tank and has a much longer range than in the video.

Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Honestly I think of all the things I have spend any currency on, those are at the top of my list of usefulness for everything.
Agreed. I got mine for less than a million from the GTN and really have no regrets about it. Unlike outfits which I may eventually get bored of, dyes which can't be removed, or mods and augments that will eventually become obselete, the rocket boost will always be useful and it's given permanently to all characters.

Zwoodco
11.05.2013 , 09:34 PM | #1190
Queued into Cademimu FP on my new Assassin and everything was going pretty well... until the tank Inspected the healer (Bounty Hunter) and found he was wearing gear with LITERALLY every stat. His chest had strength, his hands had willpower... it was really weird. Even stranger was that, despite some slightly longer fights, he was able to keep the tank healed, and he managed to keep myself and the other DPS alive when the lower-leveled tank lost aggro.
There is passion, Yet peace
Serenity, Yet emotion
Chaos, yet order
I am a Gray Jedi