Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

feketebirka
11.03.2013 , 12:48 PM | #1151
Quote: Originally Posted by bdatt View Post
Not true. Maybe the Vanguards might on the enemy directly targeted, but none others. Even abilities like Slow Time and Guardian Slash do not break cc except the direct target.
Why dont you just hover over your mouse and read the descriptions? Its "Force Breach".

DrGun
11.03.2013 , 02:01 PM | #1152
Quote: Originally Posted by feketebirka View Post
Why dont you just hover over your mouse and read the descriptions? Its "Force Breach".
Force breach is NOT a shadow's AOE taunt... It's called mass mind control, if I recall from playing my 50+ shadow tank...
Beredan, Defense Guardian [55] The Red Eclipse
Severide, Medicine Operative [55] The Red Eclipse
Markdan, Assault Commando [55] The Red Eclipse

jedimasterjac
11.03.2013 , 04:08 PM | #1153
Quote: Originally Posted by DrGun View Post
Force breach is NOT a shadow's AOE taunt... It's called mass mind control, if I recall from playing my 50+ shadow tank...
Mind Control is the Assassin Ability. If I recall.
Quote: Originally Posted by Koozebane View Post
This isn't a couple of goobers out for some kicks. This is organized large team warfare by a single guild in a PVE zone.

Xekana
11.03.2013 , 04:17 PM | #1154
Quote: Originally Posted by jedimasterjac View Post
Mind Control is the Assassin Ability. If I recall.
it is, but it is also the shadow's aoe taunt. they have the same name

jedimasterjac
11.03.2013 , 04:34 PM | #1155
Quote: Originally Posted by Xekana View Post
it is, but it is also the shadow's aoe taunt. they have the same name
Ah, thanks for the clarification.
Quote: Originally Posted by Koozebane View Post
This isn't a couple of goobers out for some kicks. This is organized large team warfare by a single guild in a PVE zone.

TheSupaCoopa
11.03.2013 , 07:28 PM | #1156
Duran'del here:

On my 50 Commando, I was playing BoI HM and our VG tank had a generator offhand. Wiped twice on serivin, and I ended up tanking(I'm a Combat Medic). Thankfully the DPS were really good and were also Commandos.
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

slafko
11.04.2013 , 04:14 AM | #1157
Quote: Originally Posted by Mallorik View Post
90% of the time when im tanking I kill the boss before the dps even kill the adds cause they are running all over the place like chickens with their heads cut off losing dps on the adds. The dogs don't do much dmg as long as they don't get in the red circle around the boss.
Happenned to me yesterday. Tank picked up the boss, I marked one add with a target marker and leapt in. Slinger took cover near the entrance, healer ran away to the other side of the room. Doggies spent most of their time going back forth between the slinger and the healer while I, combat sent, tried to catch them and actually do some damage. The fight took a few minutes more because of that.

Never_Hesitate
11.04.2013 , 05:05 AM | #1158
Quote: Originally Posted by bdatt View Post
Not true. Maybe the Vanguards might on the enemy directly targeted, but none others. Even abilities like Slow Time and Guardian Slash do not break cc except the direct target.
He didn't mean the reall aoe taunt as you don't get that until some level around 30 (His shadow was 15)
The ability he was probably talking about was force breach which breaks ccs
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

Prototypemind
11.04.2013 , 07:55 AM | #1159
Colicoid War Game last night.

Decide I'll see if queue pops quickly before bed last night, and what do you know it does. 42 Mara. Zone in and the other two players in area are already running to the turrets. I think you all know where this is going. Our genius Sin Tank decides to hop right onto the turrets, so now we have to three man what is an insanely easy section with four people. This still shouldn't be too difficult but for some reason I'm having to pick up a number of the swarm from across the map that the other two are much closer too. Health gets more than a little low for a while, but we make it through.

The last player to come in is lagging or something and is also behind on the second turrets, but we get through that no problem. So, first loot drop is DPS strength gear, and who do you think needs on it? Our friendly neighborhood Sin Tank. I figure we'll discuss this before the next drop so not worried about it. So, Captain America--our tank--charges into the fray. No worries, we have an Op healer, myself, and a sorc, so it won't be a problem to CC and manage the group right? Wrong! Our brave little soldier, Senor Tank, breaks every effing CC I set, every freaking one, and I get no help on that end from either of the other two.

Anyway, we get through the first pull and back up a little so that we can take the bot walking towards us alone. Well, somehow our friendly neighborhood Tank manages to pull aggro on the three or four other bots chilling in the background. I try and CC, but it's over before it starts and we wipe. While we're rezing I make three suggestions:

1) Let's mark targets or at least set an attack order. Simple, efficient, fun.
2) Please don't break CCs, as this will make the fight much easier for everyone
3) Please don't Need on loot that you can't even use

This is greeted by a **** and play from the tank. Well, I could respond in kind, but I simply /leave, say see ya, and wait to be removed. Ah, and I had to wait to be removed because our genius, may his name be forever praised to the heavens, horribly geared tank decided to pull before all of us were even back at the bots. I noticed that as I was making my exit so too was our healer. I wonder if our friend ever finished that FP.

Strangely enough one of the other players whispered me commiserating over the situation. Thought that it was crazy for the tank to respond that way to a few logical requests. I went to reply, and he/she had me on ignore =p

"The weird people you meet in group finder" indeed...

LadyKohastFel
11.04.2013 , 08:33 AM | #1160
I had a lvl 10 vanguard tank turn up stark naked and weaponless to a GF Essles run and beg for gold... not credits , but gold.
He got kicked out pretty quick.
Remember Antaria, Naboo, Starsider Server.