Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

ELRunninW
10.29.2013 , 01:24 PM | #1111
Quote: Originally Posted by HBCentaurion View Post
A blind, deaf comatose patient can heal HM operations. And anwg; you are wrong.

Anyways, continue on with the funny stories. I won't derail this anymore.
Actually, you are wrong, One can do both. Drop hots on a group and still have time to stealth before they expire. Not that I do that, I just don't need to unless I wish to use shot first for what ever reason.

Jeweledleah
10.29.2013 , 02:14 PM | #1112
Quote: Originally Posted by HBCentaurion View Post
A blind, deaf comatose patient can heal HM operations. And anwg; you are wrong.

Anyways, continue on with the funny stories. I won't derail this anymore.
yeah, that's why so many people are clearing them left and right. in pugs.

and actually he's very much correct. if you were maintaining 8 stacks of hots on everyone, not only you'd have to have perfect latency, but you wouldn't be doing anything else. theoretically - the probe is supposed to last 18 seconds. practically, you have to refresh it no later than 16 or risk both stacks falling off. moreover - without perfect latency, and inhuman reflexes, you won't be refreshing it every 1.5 seconds on a dot. it will be closer to 2 seconds per probe. which means that this is literally all your are doing. no cleanses, no other abilities used, just going through probe refreshing rotation. and that's not counting mechanics that may add time to that already tight interval

its inefficient, its down right bad, its putting far too much strain on your healing partner, and so the only time I do the "roll probes continuously" deal is on 4 people at the time, 5 tops and the only in situations where I KNOW they will be taking continuous damage.

but that's ok, please do continue making your exaggerated pointlessly elitist claims that have no basis in actual reality.

(and because I do use other abilities besides kolto probe, stealthing between pulls makes absolutely positively sure that I have a minimum of 2 stacks of TA, more efficiently and with less pointless overhealing.)

CrusaderRevan
10.29.2013 , 02:33 PM | #1113
How about on Colicod war game the tank saying at the start he wont tank if the DPS aggros 1st. Then in the same FP both turret fights were started 30 seconds before all 4 of us were there. My 1st time healing colicod war game turned out to be the fastest I have ever done it even though I havent done it in months.
KOTOR player since December 23 2003 34 days after its release been a huge fan of TOR ever since.

Darkelefantos
10.29.2013 , 03:17 PM | #1114
I have another story to tell, and even though it's not a GF story, I reckon it's nice enough to share.

So, let's check what's going on. I, trying to pull my lvl 53 Gunslinger through Makeb (gear = horribad), decide that it might be a good idea to do the Heroic 4 quest on Frinn Mesa (forgot the name). I find a Tank and another Gunslinger reasonably quickly (read: 30 minutes after first asking in chat). The Guardian has about 30k HP and is lvl 55, the other Gunslinger is lvl 54 and his gear is... well, it's better than mine, I'll give him that.

Unfortunately, no luck finding a healer. And none of my teammates has an adequately geared healing companion (I prefer using Bowdaar). But off we go anyway, because nobody else volunteers. We have some trouble on the first group (because the 2nd Gunslinger doesn't take cover... or shoot at all, for that matter). And then our hero Gunslinger runs head on into quite possibly the biggest and most dangerous group in the first part of the quest. He then complains about a lack of healing from the companion () and we wipe. I'm also the only one to notice that you can instantly respawn within the instance without having to wait 10 minutes for the probe, but more about that later.

So we successfully sneak past all the other mob groups in the first part of the instance (I kinda said it might be risky to leave all those enemies behind you if you get in trouble, but it never became a factor) and get to the turret encounter. For those of you who are unaware, there are 3 turrets to be killed. 2 of them are always shielded to invincibility and if the vulnerable one takes enough damage, they switch and spawn a group of adds (which heal the turrets).
We fail gloriously. And they refuse to believe me that you can revive inside of the instance without waiting for 10 minutes . However, I have mercy with the other Gunslinger who, again, complained about a lack of heals (and with good reason, because our Tank forgot about Doc) and decide to look for another group member.

At this time, I present to you a short interlude to talk about something that annoys me. People thinking they have to explain the entire game to you. At lvl 50+. Now, I understand that you might have doubts about other players, especially if you read this thread fairly often. But don't try to explain things to people who haven't done anything wrong in your presence .

Anyways, back to the story. Still no Heal. We find another DPS, another Gunslinger, to be precise (I should have known that it couldn't go well). Our hero Gunslinger complains about this in chat, asking why I'd take another DPS into the group (little does he know the guy was the *only* candidate across 3 instances of Makeb). I don't reply, because I'm fed up about the guy at this point. I was actually thinking about telling him (sarcastically, ofc) that my intention was replacing him, but I didn't.

In the meantime I have some trouble getting back to the quest instance. The pipes required to go there constantly have me fall short, at one point I hit a wall face first and drop all the way back to the ground . Later I get stuck inside of some terrain, but I get there eventually. Our new guy does even worse than me, though. At first, he doesn't find the way. And then he doesn't know how to get up to us, he doesn't even bother asking. Then, he gets to the part before the last jump. But he never makes that jump. He always drops back down to a ledge below him and redoes the whole thing. When asked why, he said he didn't know. Then, at one point, he does that thing again, but then he drops too far and crashes to the floor, dying. He claims he had to go and leaves the group. Fabulous.

Our hero Gunslinger then insists I should, again, try to find a Heal. I try, and we have a little debate in chat about the approximate population sizes of the roles of the trinity, after I claim that our chances of finding a Heal are very slim. He then tells us that he had a date at 6 pm (which was about 20 mins away at the time) and that he'd leave then. So, I invite the only person willing to do the gosh darn quest after convincing our DPS that, given his lack of time, we should rather try again with another anything than try to find a certain role.

So we go again, now we have a certain bug going on that makes all 3 turrets shielded , so we have to reset.
There we go again, and the guys kinda fail horribly. Our new, decently geared Shadow DPS, takes about 30 seconds every time to realise when a turret has become invulnerable. We wipe, and our Shadow proclaims that it was useless. But I'm not ready to give up. I now employ some leet next level tactics I learned by playing other games.

I camp. To the left of the turret encounter, there is a bunch of crates, which I use to break LoS with the turrets. Apparently, my DPS was so supreme that I had every turret and all of the adds aggroed even when not shooting for a solid minute. Thankfully, I put some points into a skill that would make me recover 1% HP every few seconds in cover. So I was literally undefeatable. I kept the fight going long enough for the rest of my group to return to the land of the living multiple times. By the end of this fight, the hero Gunslinger, who I actually kinda grew to like, encouraged me and was also the one to down turret #1. I killed the other 2, one of them 100% solo. Oh well.

The rest of the quest is a breeze in comparison. We just obliterate everything else, and get through the boss without a Healer. But man, those turrets.

Needless to say, our hero Gunslinger was waaaayyy late on his date. But I appreciated that he took this one for the team.

PS: Sorry for the wall of text. If anybody finds this enjoyable, well, then I'm glad.

Elusive_Thing
10.29.2013 , 03:58 PM | #1115
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
yeah, that's why so many people are clearing them left and right. in pugs.

and actually he's very much correct. if you were maintaining 8 stacks of hots on everyone, not only you'd have to have perfect latency, but you wouldn't be doing anything else. theoretically - the probe is supposed to last 18 seconds. practically, you have to refresh it no later than 16 or risk both stacks falling off. moreover - without perfect latency, and inhuman reflexes, you won't be refreshing it every 1.5 seconds on a dot. it will be closer to 2 seconds per probe. which means that this is literally all your are doing. no cleanses, no other abilities used, just going through probe refreshing rotation. and that's not counting mechanics that may add time to that already tight interval
Just to clarify, once the encounter starts, I move on to healing whoever needs the heals and let the HoTs run their course until I get a good chance to refresh them. When the fight is over, I slap them on again to save time as everyone can heal on the run. Maintaining the HoTs with four players is easy, but with eight there is very little time for anything else and therefore it won't be a good strategy.

midianlord
10.29.2013 , 04:09 PM | #1116
PuG'ing Rep-side in 50/55 [HARD] Flashpoints, I seem to notice an awful lot of Gunslingers --always fem-toons, dressed to the ****-nines in CM crap, almost certainly played by guys, spamming /dance whenever we have a wait for someone or whatever-- being total derp-heroes, and immature drama-llamas.

I wish that would stop, they're giving my beloved AC a bad name on a great many levels.

Thankfully, Imp-side, on my Mercs (damager, my other beloved AC) this is much less common. Also, the damager-Mandos I PuG with Rep-side usually seem to know what they're doing as well. Same is true for Snipers, I'm happy to note, although I almost never see those in FPs, if I'm PuG'ing my Eng-Sniper, then I'm most often the only Sniper in the group.

But please, all Gunslingers:

Learn your class, learn your role, stop being a douche --our class is worthy of much better, and if you must, then roll a smasher.
Guys/Gals, could you please start queuing for real Flashpoints again?

r/DPS 4 life

Spoiler

Mallorik
10.29.2013 , 10:51 PM | #1117
I was wondering how many people have run into pt's or vanguards that think they are ranged tanks?

I was on my 45 smuggler healing and ran into one today in an fp, I tried to help him out but he didn't speak English and I my suggestions were answered with total silence so I just powered through, but that wasn't the first one, ive run into quite a few of them over the last few weeks , i ran into a 43 guardian tanking in shi-cho the week before.

Prototypemind
10.29.2013 , 11:34 PM | #1118
Running Foundry today, SM, not expecting anything too crazy. Mara so I naturally have to run around on my quest waiting for GF to pop as not many guildies were on. We get in and from the start it's the healer. Have to wait for him to respec which took about the longest I've ever seen it take. So, we get into the FP and he's whining about every little thing. Granted the tank is clearly still learning as I'm having to CC bots multiple times due to poorly executed aoe, but we're really not having any major issues so why not just accept that it's low-level and we're surviving nicely?

We get to the pull with the three Jedi, then the pair of heavy extermination droids and pair of humanoid extermination adds. It seems that the tank somehow managed to aggro the whole room at once within a few seconds, but whatever, I CC on of the big bots and proceed to cut down the weaker bots and then attack as necessary to keep aggro off the healer. We survive with no one going lower than half way on the health bar so no big deal. The healer starts screaming that the Jugg needs to hold aggro. Well, in that situation anyone who's played for a while knows that just isn't something a Jugg is going to manage very easily, more so if he's newer to tanking, and between myself and the other DPS we managed to keep most everything off of the healer and used cooldowns and abilities as necessary to make things go as smoothly as possible. Regardless I have to go back and forth with the healer about with the crisis having been averted there's really no reason to rant and rave over it.

So we get to HK and things are going okay. The tank is losing aggro to me but taunting back, no one is breaking CC--I hit one of the heavy bots when they pop to keep things easier on healing and DPS--and the rotations are going fine. Hitting HK for a few on the core but I glitch and end up getting killed when the core drops. Again, newer tank so after that he has trouble keeping aggro focused on him and the other dps drops, then the tank, then the healer. After we res there's a smart remark about how that must have been his fault--his heals were not really up to snuff, but they were survivable so I wasn't going to harp on it--and I simply say I glitched, so no worries. Well, he goes on another mini rant then quits. Down one whiny Op healer. We share a few comments along the lines of good riddance, I throw him on ignore, and we proceed to wait for GF to bring us glad tidings.

A few minutes later we get a lower level sorc healer who puts him to shame. Much better use of resources and much more timely healing. After we quickly down HK the tank comments on the noticeably improved healing from our new friend and states that perhaps our old healer just sucked, to which I replied that it was clear our now former comrade clearly sucked something. We breeze through the rest of the FP with our attentive healer keeping me up easily even when I steal aggro. No issues on momma worm, the bot, or Senor Revan. It was a much better time for all.

In the end I can't see the point in rage quitting a lower level FP after one wipe. You're pugging. Accept that you're running not only with unfamiliar partners and without voice, but also possibly less experienced players. Today was simply a reminder of why I always look to fill up FP and Op groups from the guild. It would have been a simple thing for the healer to offer some constructive criticism to the tank, but he instead was a complete ***. Definitely satisfied knowing that even with our brief wait we were able to finish in less time and in a better mood than we would have with him still in tow.

slafko
10.30.2013 , 01:47 AM | #1119
Athiss HM, ended up with a 30k repair bill as tank yesterday. Thought it was going to be a breeze when I loaded with three pugs from the same guild. Alas, things went south pretty fast.

mustopak
10.30.2013 , 02:53 AM | #1120
Czerka Labs HM.

So okay, the trash was cleared with a breeze. I'm on my main healer. I noticed this Sage DPS being 26k in health and I thought "this would be interesting" and boy, I was right.

Nevermind the 26k health and gear if you know what you're doing, I thought. We arrived at the 1st boss, that big droid. Droid channelled "Charged Plating" and the water turns electric. Guess what, the sage DPS just freaking stands there in the electric water. I healed him up to full. Then the electric water happens again. He still stands idle in the water. I pulled him to me.

He gets pulled by the droid again, and STILL STANDS THERE WHILE BEING ELECTRIFIED BY THE WATER. He died. He blamed the adds on general chat. Of course, of course, the adds. I replied "the water". K. He asked for a rezz. K. So I did.

He got up, I healed him, luckily the tank was decent, so I don't really need to heal him all the time. And again, he still stands there in the electric water and ultimately died. So we were 3 manning the droid and of course, it enraged. So here I am as a Sage healer supplementing DPS and healing through the enraged droid. We made it.

I whispered to the tank that I don't mind for a vote kick. The tank did, but alas the vote kick failed perhaps because the other DPS didn't confirm it. We got to the Chief Zokar. He was lucky he didn't get targeted by the dreaded 27k dmg rocket until he finally did. He didn't move away from any AOEs. At this point I'm so close to crying. But I said to myself--it's a challenge to heal. We did the last boss pretty quickly cause it was just me and the tank navigating the fight and adds.

I'm tempted to teach that Sage how to play, but meh, RL calls.