Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

SWGEvictee
05.09.2013 , 09:36 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
Do whatever you want, I can say I never had any problem with healers or tanks in my group, not a single word, not a single leave. So I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. As I said I'm talking about mobs where I know it makes zero difference for the group. Mobs that are mostly dead before they can reach me.
If you have such a burning desire to be first into the fray, roll yourself a tank and have at it. Don't expect me to put up with it if you end up in a group I'm tankin for.

SW_display_name
05.09.2013 , 01:19 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
same here. I just ignore them so that I never have to group with them again. I know I should say something, but more often than not, dps like that means i have no time to say anything without contributing to a wipe. and sometimes they have gotten me too annoyed to say anything.
This is the danger, yeah. It's usually not worth my time as Tank / Heals to argue with people who annoy me, especially since the type of player that gets flippant about group "etiquette" also tends to be belligerent and impatient if you try to discuss it with them. So, I just finish the run compensating for them, then put them on Ignore.

Then they start a thread on the forums asking why their DPS queue takes forever.

Xiij
05.09.2013 , 02:11 PM | #103
Thought I'd share mine.

I was tanking on a guardian with two guildies (gunslinger dps and scoundrel healer) on a lvl 55 HM FP. We got paired with a sentinel dps. Started the first couple of pulls, noticed he wasn't attacking things I was tanking (cc'd or mez'd), though typically not a big deal. We were all kind of confused because he was just getting crushed. We wrote it off as our healer just wasn't paying attention due to him being on a phone call. A little latter, he pulls aggro on a weak mob which I missed on my aoe taunt, and he gets trashed. Now I'm concerned, because our healer is no longer on the phone.

So I look at his hp; he has a little less than 14k hp. I'm like "oh, he's wearing aweful gear". So I take a quick peak and see he's wearing mostly greens and only one relic (a lvl 19 one). "Meh, I've seen worse" I think. We get to the to the wookie boss (Cadimemu) and I notice he doesn't have any buffs on. He hadn't died at that point, he came close a few times when he was picking up the trash I didn't have aggro on, but hadn't died yet.

So we buff him and go onto the wookie boss. We some how manage to kill the boss (I died once and the sent died once) even though there were 7 or 8 groups of adds. We res him and then over voice I hear my healer say "haha, good thing you haven't looked at this guys gear yet Xiij" (in my guild I've got a reputation of being a 'gear nazi'). So I say, "What do you mean? I looked at it, he's wearing 55 greens, not the worst gear I've seen".

I was wrong, waaay wrong. After my healer tells me to take another look, I notice that despite the items are in fact 55 greens, they were not strength items. He had a large quantity of cunning and willpower items... This made me laugh because he had asked for the cunning drop the wookie dropped, we all assumed it was for Doc, probably not though.
Quote: Originally Posted by Xiij View Post
[W]e really shouldn't feed trolls. They are like stray cats. Once you feed them once they come back. When you continue to feed them, they grow in numbers.

CyberTronX
05.09.2013 , 05:56 PM | #104
I'm currently in an HM 50 FP with a Melee Sorc.

I'm not joking, this guy is running in and swinging his saber like a pro.

Addendum: He's also using force storm single target. Lol.
"The following statement is false: The previous statement is true.
Welcome to our corner of the Universe." - Anonymous Seefra Denizen CY 10210

zzoorrzz
05.09.2013 , 06:12 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by CyberTronX View Post

Addendum: He's also using force storm single target. Lol.
IF you are all lvl 55 or most of you, why not? I'd do that as well just for the fun of it. There is not more better chances for lvl 55 sorc to enjoy his lightsaber than lvl 50 FP.

CyberTronX
05.09.2013 , 06:17 PM | #106
IF you are all lvl 55 or most of you, why not? I'd do that as well just for the fun of it. There is not more better chances for lvl 55 sorc to enjoy his lightsaber than lvl 50 FP.
Swing at a training dummy all day. Just don't do it with me in an FP because I'm going to tell you you're wasting my time. It also figures this guy using nothing but his basic saber attack, and force storm gets the mount at the end of the run and needs on all the drops. It's hilariously fail.

DarthZeroe
05.09.2013 , 06:18 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by CyberTronX View Post

Melee is the right way to play a Sorc bro

CyberTronX
05.09.2013 , 06:23 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthZeroe View Post
Melee is the right way to play a Sorc bro
All these months I've been doing it wrong!
But seriously, when I'm a sorc dps, and another sorc dps is with me, and I can tell he's playing his spec/class extremely poorly, it's slightly irksome. It's like they're embarrassing your class by playing that badly.

Khevar
05.09.2013 , 06:48 PM | #109
Maybe he felt like there's no need for any tactics on trash. I wouldn't be so bold to do that in ops, but in FPs, when I know it will make zero difference, I'll pull before tank without thinking twice.
Your yardstick of "good group behavior" could use some adjustment.

Derping just for the lulz should be saved for runs with friends. If you're in a pug group, it's better to have a little more courtesy and professionalism.

CyberTronX
05.09.2013 , 08:01 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Your yardstick of "good group behavior" could use some adjustment.

Derping just for the lulz should be saved for runs with friends. If you're in a pug group, it's better to have a little more courtesy and professionalism.
This. There is a certain amount of screwing around I will accept or even do myself in PuGs, trying to knock piles of mobs off ledges, set up some silly force pull + knockback type stuff. But then again I'm tanking, and even when I'm messing around, the net effect will speed up the run.

Derping around for the sake of derp or annoying other people however, is just impolite, as derp isn't usually a benefit to the group.

This sorc however, was clearly just not that good at the class. Probably thought they were doing a decent job, who knows. I accept these people, offer advice once, and if they don't take it to heart, ignore and move along.