Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Elusive_Thing
10.25.2013 , 07:14 PM | #1081
Just finished running a 16-man Terror From Beyond SM. Got in through the group finder with my Deception Sin. In it just for the comms, since she is already Underworld/Verpine/Oriconian geared. I knew the tactics and so on, but upon inspecting the rest of the lot, I realised many of them actually needed the gear, so I promised to stick around for the full run instead of leaving after Operator IX.

So, after the first boss there was a fight in the Ops chat about people calling Need on stuff without a valid reason. Since I could not care less about the Arkanian gear, I did not check the rolls, but simply informed I was ready to select pass on everything. The Ops leader then puts Master looter in effect. Some people complain, others said they don't mind and eventually we went on.

The weird thing comes when we started getting loot drops again. Since no-one else wanted Exotic Element Equalisers, I rolled for those (roll system, the Ops leader would then give the items) for crafting purposes. Okay, I was the only one to roll, so I got them. But then the Ops leader kept on handing me all the loot. And I mean all. The Arkanian stuff too! I tell him I don't need or want them, but that just kept happening... After we killed Terror From Beyond I had to arrange a little meeting with the rest of the group to dole out the Arkanian pieces. At least I was fair and actually gave them away.

Sorei
10.27.2013 , 04:33 PM | #1082
I was in SM Hammer Station on my Scoundrel healer. The supposed DPS were both Shadows and the tank was a Guardian. The Shadows seemed to always engage first, but I didn't check their stance. While fighting the big droid, I noticed one of the Shadows was tanking and taunting (the Guardian didn't have taunt yet). That was the moment when I saw all of them were in tank stance. I asked: Would you mind switching to DPS stance as you are listed as DPS. One of them just typed "?", no one reacted at all, except for the real tank who offered to switch to DPS. Since one of the Shadows hat previously rolled need on a cunning item, I was quite fed up and left, even though I felt kind of sad for the tank who asked me to come back later (I refused, because I didn't want to group with them).

Well, I am used to one guy being in tank stance in Hammer Station despite being DPS but not an entire group. Especially since all the enemies were constantly attacking me even though there were three tanks present!

Horaciozhao
10.28.2013 , 08:56 AM | #1083
in a lowbie foundry sm run, everything went well, me and 2 more friends and one pug, we didn't really need any gear so we didn't really pay attention that the pug ninjad every gear from it until after revan, everyone was relaxing. After loot we went to the console for the final convo, and bam, he entered the convo and fast quit group, so he is still in the convo which would allow him to finish the quest but no one will shout at him of ninja. However his bizarre behaviour of quitting in a convo raise our interests, so we checked the rolls, and saw his ninja act. So well, we aborted the convo, he was out of group, quest unfinished, not gainning the massive amount of xp plus no daily mission down, no gf daily comms, for a crappy lv30ish gear that he can't even use. Nice job

Elusive_Thing
10.28.2013 , 10:24 AM | #1084
Quote: Originally Posted by Sorei View Post
I was in SM Hammer Station on my Scoundrel healer. The supposed DPS were both Shadows and the tank was a Guardian. The Shadows seemed to always engage first, but I didn't check their stance. While fighting the big droid, I noticed one of the Shadows was tanking and taunting (the Guardian didn't have taunt yet). That was the moment when I saw all of them were in tank stance. I asked: Would you mind switching to DPS stance as you are listed as DPS. One of them just typed "?", no one reacted at all, except for the real tank who offered to switch to DPS. Since one of the Shadows hat previously rolled need on a cunning item, I was quite fed up and left, even though I felt kind of sad for the tank who asked me to come back later (I refused, because I didn't want to group with them).

Well, I am used to one guy being in tank stance in Hammer Station despite being DPS but not an entire group. Especially since all the enemies were constantly attacking me even though there were three tanks present!
There have been loads of stories here about DPS using their tank stances. I wonder if this has something to do with the fact that some people use tank stances in Warzones? At least back in the day when field respec worked during Warzones, a lot of people swapped to a more defensive spec in Voidstar defense and so on. It could be similar thinking, though the benefits outweigh the cons in PvE... Or people just don't get threat, that is a possibility too.

AlexanderCarrick
10.28.2013 , 11:12 AM | #1085
Quote: Originally Posted by Horaciozhao View Post
in a lowbie foundry sm run, everything went well, me and 2 more friends and one pug, we didn't really need any gear so we didn't really pay attention that the pug ninjad every gear from it until after revan, everyone was relaxing. After loot we went to the console for the final convo, and bam, he entered the convo and fast quit group, so he is still in the convo which would allow him to finish the quest but no one will shout at him of ninja. However his bizarre behaviour of quitting in a convo raise our interests, so we checked the rolls, and saw his ninja act. So well, we aborted the convo, he was out of group, quest unfinished, not gainning the massive amount of xp plus no daily mission down, no gf daily comms, for a crappy lv30ish gear that he can't even use. Nice job
I don't get it - wasn't he able to finish the convo alone anyway?

Darkelefantos
10.28.2013 , 11:35 AM | #1086
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexanderCarrick View Post
I don't get it - wasn't he able to finish the convo alone anyway?
No, I think he means the convo inside of the Foundry. After beating Revan Reborn, you have to call the fleet from the terminal. That's the one I think he means. And he can't finish that one solo.

Kaidensareno
10.28.2013 , 11:52 AM | #1087
I've noticed an abundant amount of DPS-spec players joining the Flashpoint queue as a DPS but having Tank set as their role. It happens at least on a daily basis, sometimes twice or more in a single day spread out across all of my characters.

ATAMIANM
10.28.2013 , 11:58 AM | #1088
They probably do that to avoid the long DPS queues.

midianlord
10.28.2013 , 02:40 PM | #1089
OK, what the f is with Mandalorian Raiders [HARD] mode lately?

Last two days, it's all I'm getting, and all I seem to get (as R/DPS) is either drama-king/queen tanks who don't know how to tank, tanks who drop before we've even all loaded-in, or other DPS who are hero-1337-killer derp-wads.

Seriously, ***?

Yes, all those stupid dog-beast-things suck. So what? trash-mobs in general suck. Step up and deal, FFS.
Proud "elitist." Even more proud to be an un-reconstructed "gaming-culture snob."
r/DPS 4 life

sithBracer
10.28.2013 , 03:20 PM | #1090
Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post
OK, what the f is with Mandalorian Raiders [HARD] mode lately?

Last two days, it's all I'm getting, and all I seem to get (as R/DPS) is either drama-king/queen tanks who don't know how to tank, tanks who drop before we've even all loaded-in, or other DPS who are hero-1337-killer derp-wads.

Seriously, ***?

Yes, all those stupid dog-beast-things suck. So what? trash-mobs in general suck. Step up and deal, FFS.
I'm going to take a guess that you are angry.
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
Mákaela - assassin in the shadows