Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

ekimmak
10.21.2013 , 10:38 PM | #1061
It's a lot more tempting to pull if you're a dps class with buffs to manage. You tend to want to hang onto things like focus, centering, upper hand, and other things like that, so you start the fight hoping that the rest of the group is ready.

Of course, if I ever do this, and the group tells me to knock it off, I knock it off, and I only do this if I have a cooldown ready to ensure I can take the heat if the tank wasn't ready.
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.

RoninJr
10.21.2013 , 10:55 PM | #1062
Yeah, I can see your point. I only get really narked if it's clear the guy pulling ahead of the tank or is otherwise going off on his own has absolutely no idea what he's doing.

ekimmak
10.21.2013 , 11:10 PM | #1063
Huh. Trying to come up with a list, it seems like every dps class has some sort of buff that would make them pull 'sooner' rather than 'later'. Biggest offenders I can see, though, would be knight/warrior classes (due to their very resource mechanic), scoundrel/operatives (due to UH/TA being difficult to maintain, unless you've gotten it from the healing tree), and infiltration/deception shadows/assassins, due to the discharge mechanic being pretty slow and RNG driven to build up.
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.

Leiryat
10.22.2013 , 06:05 AM | #1064
Quote: Originally Posted by Subach View Post
Has anybody ever grouped with someone without an advanced class?
This weekend on...I think it was saturday morning.
I was hanging around on Alderaan with my 55 jugger tank and waiting for another level 55 character to log in for the weekly bounty quest. A L55 Bounty Hunter shows up in /who and promptly whispers a good morning to me. As my luck would have it, he was on the same quest, so we group up and he starts travelling to the quest area.
While he's underway, I wonder if I need another coffee, or if he's actually running around in his base class and tell him as much (I had heard of the BH challenge before, so was just wondering if I'm reading things correctly).
He is and I ask if his Mako (heal companion) is decently geared, or we'd have trouble surviving the fight long enough to capture the bounty alive. Well, she was, we survived, got our bounty and parted ways.

/edit:
About deception assassins and pulling - I rarely play my DecSin in group quests but find the stacks build up fast enough that racing ahead of the group is unnecessary.

YoshiRaphElan
10.22.2013 , 09:22 AM | #1065
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
Please tell me you won the roll. Nobody ever goes for the LS when I play this, and I loath killing the captain. Not because I'm such a nice guy at heart (which I totally am), but because killing the only competent person (well, living person, let's exclude Kilran's manslaughtering droid) aside from yourself seems a little harsh. Especially since it causes everyone to die.
Yes, I won the roll.

Akheria
10.23.2013 , 03:32 AM | #1066
Running my Op Healer on SM Boarding Party. Found myself with this Juggernaut Tank who refused to wait for anyone before engaging any mobs. He'd literally throw himself into a group of mobs while we're fighting a previous mob, or attacking a new mob without healing himself between fights, and I'd have no energy because I'm busy spamming Kolto Injection to keep him alive. He also had this thing where he'd tank the mob, but if he lost aggro he wouldn't bother chasing them back, often meaning I'd have carry the brunt of the battles. The worst part was when he engaged one of the bosses at half health and with only 3-men since our other DPS DC'ed. Debated votekicking him, but decided against as I found out he'd grouped with the DPS. Managed to pull through, mostly cause of my ability to heal, DPS rogue mobs and basically tank the FP as a HEALER (not trying to brag, but true).

AbsolutGrndZero
10.23.2013 , 06:20 PM | #1067
Quote: Originally Posted by Akheria View Post
Running my Op Healer on SM Boarding Party. Found myself with this Juggernaut Tank who refused to wait for anyone before engaging any mobs. He'd literally throw himself into a group of mobs while we're fighting a previous mob, or attacking a new mob without healing himself between fights, and I'd have no energy because I'm busy spamming Kolto Injection to keep him alive. He also had this thing where he'd tank the mob, but if he lost aggro he wouldn't bother chasing them back, often meaning I'd have carry the brunt of the battles. The worst part was when he engaged one of the bosses at half health and with only 3-men since our other DPS DC'ed. Debated votekicking him, but decided against as I found out he'd grouped with the DPS. Managed to pull through, mostly cause of my ability to heal, DPS rogue mobs and basically tank the FP as a HEALER (not trying to brag, but true).
OH man, I have a merc healer myself, so I hear you... we can tank a bit better than a sorcerer but we shouldn't have to. Kudos to you for sticking it out, I'd have tried the vote kick, and if it failed I'd quit. LOL
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

jedimasterjac
10.23.2013 , 08:00 PM | #1068
Colicoid War Game, leveling my Op Healer.

I join a group, happy to find out one of my friends from Imperialooc was there. I hurry on to the turrets, without checking the stances/cylinders of the other DPS and tank. What I do notice is that the tank does not speak English very well. It's not a huge issue, just a slight language barrier we work through. We get through the turrets fine. However, when we get to the droids, I almost die instantly, the tank won't taunt any of them, he can't even hold the aggro of the one he's attacking. We manage to kill those mobs, and I inspect the tank.

He's using a DPS charge and yelling at me for not healing his butt.

Anyway, we tell him to put on the tank charge, had he does, barely getting us to the traps. At this point, we give up, kicking the tank-- he won't taunt, and I'm wasting resources keeping myself alive. He then whispers me this:

"Fuc u bich I kno te map better tan u I didn't as 2 be tunk u suck bich"
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord Governor Charleston
You will shoot your enemy once, to ensure he fights no more that day! You will shoot traitors twice, to ensure nothing less than their deserved death!

MorgothPl
10.24.2013 , 02:30 AM | #1069
Yesterday TFB run. 8 guildies ready, we decided to do 16-man though, for "moar commz", so we pugged that other 8. And well, "greed isn't good" We of course asked if everyone done that before, just so we know if we have to explain tactics to the new guys. Noone replied.

First boss went easy, then we walk to the 2nd. On mob packs, we CC one champion, I'm ready tot ank the other, but pugs break CC, and offtank (also a pug) does nothing, so I'm holding two champions. Okay, happens... even if it happened on every other pack.

Then we come to the trio, we explain tactics, how to swap tanks and such, and I pull Kel'sara to the right. 5 stacks, I say to swap. Nothing. 3 more stacks, nothing, even if I spam /ops with "swap"... 12 stacks, it's getting hotter, so guildie jugg dps pull Kel of me, and I can get Ceph guy. He got 5 stacks, so I take Kel back, but the offtank aint taking Ceph from me, and I end up tanking two of bossess.

Luckily with 16-man story, the dps is high enough, to kill Ceph fast enough, and I was swapping Kel's aggro with jugg dps.

Since it was late, and it's one more boss to go, we decided not to kick the offtank. We proceed to the cores area and that part where you corner pull adds from two cores. So I start the fight, pull the adds in the corner, use AoE taunt, to hold tchem, while DPSers rush to cores....

Yeah, "Practice screws theory"... as soon as I grabbed the aggro, offtank suddenly realise he has area taunt, uses it, pulls all the droids and runs into the room with cores, while my aoe taunt still on long CD.

For last boss, we just didn't bother, since same amount of DPS is needed on cores on 16 and 8-man, we just let the pugs do what they want, of course we explained tactics, and some of tchem knew the ropes, so some of tchem run like headless chickens around, doing weird stuff, those with bit more brains helped dps boss, adds and cores, and we got Operator IX down.

Never again 16-man pugs. I rather have 8 comms but do stuff properly, than micromanage the bunch of clowns.

Sallakat
10.24.2013 , 05:30 AM | #1070
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Do you:

1. Switch to Soresu.
2. Put a shield in your offhand.
3. Use taunts.

If not, you're NOT being a tank.
If the answer is NO to all or most then that's just stupid and you should stop doing it....
<REBUILT>
Kaia - sorcerer | Aino - operative | Katriina - assassin | Lení - sorcerer
www.rebuilt.enjin.com