Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Tachenko_Yuri
10.16.2013 , 12:58 PM | #1031
Quote: Originally Posted by sithBracer View Post

Sorry do not understand that one? You guys wanted to skip him and the sorc pulled him? It's normal post 2.4 to push the console to get the comms but not fight the boss since he only gives BM trash. I personally always make sure to ask if we are skipping or not before I do anything since some players want to fight him and others think skipping means not getting the comms.
All the team was getting ready to get on the elevator, I decided to press the button and get back to getting the elevator, getting the 10k creds and the comms while just leaving there garold and his bm drop. After I pressed they all came back and that shambles happened
Current Main: Lynètte
Commando Healer - Dread Slayer - The Red Eclipse - Potentiae Guild
You have 15977 days of subscription play time remaining. - Creation Date: 1/1/1970 ...mmk then? O.o o.O

thecoffeecup
10.16.2013 , 05:14 PM | #1032
I don't meet many weird people in the GF, sadly. I'd love to meet people who are actually *weird* and not just scummy dirtbags. I meet a heck of a lot of ninjas for example, and the thing that bothers me the most about this is that it now seems to be the norm that you roll need if you want something for whatever reason. I've seen discussions on these forums with people actually willing to defend rolling need on things you don't need (even when it's not for your companion, not that I'm OK with NEEDing for comps). Don't get me started on BioWare making it worse by not allowing F2P players to trade. Sigh!

I like the game, but it continues to disappoint me how selfish many players really are. Still, I had one nice run tonight where people weren't scum and we all succeeded despite people being extremely undergeared. As long as some good things happen, I suppose I'll keep playing.

ekimmak
10.16.2013 , 05:51 PM | #1033
I have a very unpleasant experience that I cannot get out of my head.

Directive 7 Story mode, I'm on my tank Juggernaut, and first thing is, the sorcerer who arrived as a healer? Not actually healspec. He says he's going to fix this, and logs out.

I don't get that.

But he logs back in, and apparently has respeced, and yet we are unable to invite him, because GF groups can't invite people. So, he queue'd up, and gets back into the group, and I think, "All's well that ends well", right?

Oh, how wrong I was.

After the first boss, he starts making extremely crude comments about one of the DPS, that were setting off my profanity filter. I asked him to please stop doing that, to which he replies "Sorry", and then starts putting spaces in his words, so that I get to see just how much profanity the guy knows. I put him on ignore.

And then he started doing something wrong. I can't exactly recall what, but it was making life much harder for the rest of us. I told him "One chance", when in retrospect, I probably should have told him what he had a chance to stop doing. The guy did it again, and I initiated a GF kick.

And then things went worse. The guy stopped healing outright, and began pulling mobs ASAP, giving no time to recover. One of the DPS had to start throwing me heals, in order to keep the group from wiping. By the time of the second boss, I was severely fed up, and took the idiot of ignore to ask "What the hell is your problem?"

Then the vote kick expired, and he started spamming the laugh emote. And then started a vote kick on me. And one of the DPS accidentally voted "Kick" instead of "Don't Kick". And then the bastard, who queued healing as a DPS when he couldn't even respect without closing the game, said "Tanks are a dime a dozen. We'll get another one."

Immediately put him on ignore, left the flashpoint, and asked both DPS what made them want to kick me. The offending DPS apologized, saying she clicked the wrong one, and the other agreed. I was later sent a message by one of them saying that the 'healer' was getting a good dose of karma, as not one loot roll was going his way. I'd have appreciated the irony more if I hadn't been put in another group finder with an similarly horrible teammate (but nowhere near as memorable).

On a better note, there was that time a sage who had been rushing the group for a speed run since the beginning, blew his top at me for my "arrogance" for standing up for a slightly undergeared DPS shadow, telling me I was on his ignore list now, and then quit the group one mob away from the final boss. According to a guildmate, he then went onto the republic fleet and ranted about me, using my (character's) name. Called me a dps tank, apparently.
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.

slafko
10.17.2013 , 01:38 AM | #1034
You were the tank and the healer deliberately initiated fights by aggroing stuff? Last time a healer did that to me he ended up tanking the Behemoth in Kaon HM. Since the two dps were dumb enough to help him they got wiped too.

Funniest thing? They did it twice.

It's people like those that make me love my shadow tank even more. Stealth out of combat and enjoy the view. <3

Lord_of_Mu
10.17.2013 , 02:40 AM | #1035
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
You were the tank and the healer deliberately initiated fights by aggroing stuff? Last time a healer did that to me he ended up tanking the Behemoth in Kaon HM. Since the two dps were dumb enough to help him they got wiped too.

Funniest thing? They did it twice.

It's people like those that make me love my shadow tank even more. Stealth out of combat and enjoy the view. <3
Heh you're pretty lucky there.

I had a healer on a core run that kept pulling mobs before the tank. I didn't really comment on it since I was dpsing. It was a little odd though because the healer spent a lot of time dpsing during trash pulls, which might have seemed fine if it wasn't for the fact that everything was getting killed quickly and the tank's health was dropping pretty low.

Again, I wasn't tanking so it didn't really bother me. But when I am tanking, I get a little annoyed with healers that waste their resources trying to dps mobs down only to spend time trying to recover their resources after the pull. I pull at the speed of my healer's resources. A more efficient healer makes for a faster run.

It's not a rage quit issue and I won't say anything about it to the healer but just a minor annoyance.

I also play a healer sometimes and I tend to fill that idle time removing debuffs or interrupting abilities on mobs that would cause damage to the tank or another party member.

To each their own I guess.

cxten
10.17.2013 , 05:26 AM | #1036
More on the weird side:

Running false emperor story mode while leveling up a tank, level 49 at the time. Get a 48 dps and a 50 dps and a 52 healer.

We get to the two droids where one goes immune. Everybody hits the first and gets him down to like 5% before he goes immune. Then we all switch except the 48 dps. He keeps hitting the now-immune droid for what must be 20 seconds or so (remember, it's at 5% health; imagine his thought process here!). He eventually switches and we get the second one to 5% or so as well before he goes immune (what does this mean about the guy's dps?). We quickly down the first droid, and then have the long wait until the second is no longer immune.

Afterward, the 48 dps doesn't move. He says the very perceptive "so that's how it is!" but just stays where he is. The rest of us take the elevator and wait a bit, then begin clearing trash. We clear all the way to the door to HK-47 and no sign of this guy. We wait a few minutes. Then we tell him to come, giving directions (really you just go forward the only way you can). I tell him to take the elevator and come to me.

I take the elevator down to see where he is. He takes the previous elevator up, and I see him on the map briefly. He turns the other way and jumps off the edge! I'm pretty sure there are railings. We wait a bit more and say "can you make it to the next elevator?" and he says "I hope so!" Eventually he gets there and we keep going. The rest of the flashpoint is quite smooth.

DKNS
10.17.2013 , 06:00 AM | #1037
Quote: Originally Posted by ekimmak View Post
I have a very unpleasant experience that I cannot get out of my head.

Directive 7 Story mode, I'm on my tank Juggernaut, and first thing is, the sorcerer who arrived as a healer? Not actually healspec. He says he's going to fix this, and logs out.

I don't get that.

But he logs back in, and apparently has respeced, and yet we are unable to invite him, because GF groups can't invite people. So, he queue'd up, and gets back into the group, and I think, "All's well that ends well", right?

Oh, how wrong I was.

After the first boss, he starts making extremely crude comments about one of the DPS, that were setting off my profanity filter. I asked him to please stop doing that, to which he replies "Sorry", and then starts putting spaces in his words, so that I get to see just how much profanity the guy knows. I put him on ignore.

And then he started doing something wrong. I can't exactly recall what, but it was making life much harder for the rest of us. I told him "One chance", when in retrospect, I probably should have told him what he had a chance to stop doing. The guy did it again, and I initiated a GF kick.

And then things went worse. The guy stopped healing outright, and began pulling mobs ASAP, giving no time to recover. One of the DPS had to start throwing me heals, in order to keep the group from wiping. By the time of the second boss, I was severely fed up, and took the idiot of ignore to ask "What the hell is your problem?"

Then the vote kick expired, and he started spamming the laugh emote. And then started a vote kick on me. And one of the DPS accidentally voted "Kick" instead of "Don't Kick". And then the bastard, who queued healing as a DPS when he couldn't even respect without closing the game, said "Tanks are a dime a dozen. We'll get another one."

Immediately put him on ignore, left the flashpoint, and asked both DPS what made them want to kick me. The offending DPS apologized, saying she clicked the wrong one, and the other agreed. I was later sent a message by one of them saying that the 'healer' was getting a good dose of karma, as not one loot roll was going his way. I'd have appreciated the irony more if I hadn't been put in another group finder with an similarly horrible teammate (but nowhere near as memorable).

On a better note, there was that time a sage who had been rushing the group for a speed run since the beginning, blew his top at me for my "arrogance" for standing up for a slightly undergeared DPS shadow, telling me I was on his ignore list now, and then quit the group one mob away from the final boss. According to a guildmate, he then went onto the republic fleet and ranted about me, using my (character's) name. Called me a dps tank, apparently.
Just so you know, you weren't no saint here either. You initiated a GF kick, what did you expect? Of course, he was gonna do that. And besides that, what's your problem with crude comments anyway? They were setting off your profanity filter anyways so why did you ask him to stop using them? If anyone tells me so, i would do the same. If you are one of the uppity people who can't stand a bit of swearing then fine. You have your filter for it. I am especially irrititated by people like these as i have come across people in Gen Chat who message me because i used the WT* in chat. I mean really?

And if he was insulting the DPS, why didn't he say anything? And he started doing "something" to make life harder? What was that special something?

DiscipleXIII
10.17.2013 , 10:35 AM | #1038
So... I'm generally a PVP player. However, I ran into the strangest person when I was leveling up my smuggler. I queued up for the Esseles, and we're going through the flashpoint just fine without talking (except I greeted him at the beginning and did not receive a response). Everything goes without a hitch until we reach the part where the two members must be on opposite sides of the room and activate the consoles at the same time. I assume he knows what he's doing, so I go to the console on the left. He follows me. I tell him in chat to go to the other one and activate it. He doesn't respond. So I run to the other console, hoping he stays at the first one and activates it. He follows me again. So again I tell him what to do in chat. THIS TIME HE RESPONDS ... but in some weird mix of French and other languages. It may have been Creole. Now, I speak French, so I tried to get him to understand what to do by giving him instructions in French. It didn't work. THIS GOES ON FOR 45 MINUTES OF HIM FOLLOWING ME FROM CONSOLE TO CONSOLE... lol so I finally gave up and left XD
Beardedman- Assassin (Madness) - Worst assassin on the Shadowlands server
Slenderfett- Powertech (Pyro) -"You will realize what an idiot you are."
<The Sith Legacy>, Shadowlands server

chuixupu
10.17.2013 , 12:55 PM | #1039
Quote:
"Tanks are a dime a dozen. We'll get another one."
lol, wish I lived in that guy's world.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Lord_of_Mu
10.17.2013 , 03:34 PM | #1040