Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

gearmasher
10.10.2013 , 08:16 AM | #1001
Hmmm ... in my last 4 GF pops, we were put at the top of the GF queue because one DPS didn't respond to the pop. I would have thought that they would be on it immediately since DPSes wait a long time to get a pop. Or perhaps they are used to waiting a long time that they are AFK most of the time.

Anyway, got Athiss HM again tonight. Alarm bells should have started ringing when the tank had much less HP than the healer (me). Anyway, I managed to keep people alive even though the group is taking a lot of damage because the tank can't hold aggro. OK, except once when the tank jumped in at 70% health and pretty much got one shotted.

We made it all the way to the Prophet when the tank disconnects. So we wait for a bit before vote kicking the tank. One of the DPSes then said that the tank was geared in DPS gear, not tank gear! Doh. We then tried using a tank comp for the fight but wiped. When we finally got a proper tank we cleared the Prophet without any problems.

I'm quite inexperienced with MMORPGs so this is the first time I have seen a DPS queued as a tank. Still, the rest of the group managed to finish the FP and the DPSes thanked me for good heals. Always nice to get compliments.

Trentest
10.10.2013 , 12:29 PM | #1002
TLDR: People continue to be blind and stupid

I was playing as an Operative on the Foundry.

Our healer, Sorcerer, is the jerk in question here.

The tank went forward on the first group of mobs to initialise combat: I went in after. As I always do, I started firing my blaster as I closed in so I was dealing some damage before using Shiv/Debilitate/Corrosive Grenade/Backstab.

The Sorcerer instantly stops healing as I enter combat. He types into chat "*** do you THINK YOU ARE DOING? Do u not understand mmos???" "stop using snipe, use ur close range you moron" "are you deaf as well as stupid?? ur close range, not ranged ffs"

Note this is all against ONE group of mobs.

Once we're done, I reply something along the lines of "I dunno what you mean, I'm playing my class fine." One other groupie was silent, trying to move on with the FP (as I wanted to), the other sent a message agreeing with me.

The Sorc's reply was, more or less, "Ur a stupid moron, you dont no how to play and u dont derserve my heal, HAVE FUN TRYING TO GET A BETTER HEALER GUYS HAHA LOL"

Then he left.

This naturally pisses me off for two reasons:

1) Two guys who, according to him, hadn't done anything, were let down and unable to play (we didnt find a replacement)

2) I was playing my class correctly, unless standard blaster attack accounts for "not playing the class correctly" and "snipe".

But yes... the colourful people you meet in group finder, none the less.

The other, more amusing, person I met in Group Finder was a level 18 Inquisitor. He hadn't picked his advanced class, and was complaining to the rest of the group that he shouldn't be dying all the time and the game sucked.
The first response from the rest of the group was "Hold on guys... let's see if he can figure it out."

And we did.

jeniyagyu
10.10.2013 , 12:53 PM | #1003
Quote: Originally Posted by Trentest View Post
TLDR: People continue to be blind and stupid

I was playing as an Operative on the Foundry.

Our healer, Sorcerer, is the jerk in question here.

The tank went forward on the first group of mobs to initialise combat: I went in after. As I always do, I started firing my blaster as I closed in so I was dealing some damage before using Shiv/Debilitate/Corrosive Grenade/Backstab.

The Sorcerer instantly stops healing as I enter combat. He types into chat "*** do you THINK YOU ARE DOING? Do u not understand mmos???" "stop using snipe, use ur close range you moron" "are you deaf as well as stupid?? ur close range, not ranged ffs"

Note this is all against ONE group of mobs.

Once we're done, I reply something along the lines of "I dunno what you mean, I'm playing my class fine." One other groupie was silent, trying to move on with the FP (as I wanted to), the other sent a message agreeing with me.

The Sorc's reply was, more or less, "Ur a stupid moron, you dont no how to play and u dont derserve my heal, HAVE FUN TRYING TO GET A BETTER HEALER GUYS HAHA LOL"

Then he left.

This naturally pisses me off for two reasons:

1) Two guys who, according to him, hadn't done anything, were let down and unable to play (we didnt find a replacement)

2) I was playing my class correctly, unless standard blaster attack accounts for "not playing the class correctly" and "snipe".

But yes... the colourful people you meet in group finder, none the less.

The other, more amusing, person I met in Group Finder was a level 18 Inquisitor. He hadn't picked his advanced class, and was complaining to the rest of the group that he shouldn't be dying all the time and the game sucked.
The first response from the rest of the group was "Hold on guys... let's see if he can figure it out."

And we did.
I can't wait until that Sorcerer gets to 55 ... He will have a hard time in HM FP's if he keeps up attitude, because as far as I know, NO tanks will put up with his ********. Also, you can play your class however you like, I use the standard attack sometimes on my healer to save force and have fun. That Sorc needs to calm down and realize it is a game, ffs. LOL!
55 Shadow - 55 Sage - 55 Gunslinger
55 Assassin - 55 Sorcerer - 55 Operative - 55 Juggernaut
~Just wants to raid and have fun. Seriously, Guild Politics make me want to /wrists.~

LuaRumina
10.12.2013 , 07:40 AM | #1004
A couple days ago I group up with a guildmate I don't know well (so "met in groupfinder" still applies) to run a quick HM for the weekly, since we all need comms like whoa et all. I'm healing on my pretty decently geared scoundrel (72's with a couple of 78 pieces) with whom I've been running the new ops in HM, so I'm usually overgeared for HM FPs. Guildmate is tanking and has over 40k health with Kell Dragon + gear that is very well balanced for mitigation. We get HM Czerka Core Meltdown and charge off very quickly. The DPS admirably keep up - things just melt and I'm barely healing.

Then we get to Duneclaw / Sandstorm boss. Guildmate jumps in and starts tanking. I throw down a FF and heal. Then the Sandstorm is activated, where the tank normally has to drag the boss over to the green thingy (...thing). Guildmate just keeps him in the middle. DPS calls on him to move in chat, which neither of us notice until halfway through, because after healing dread master ops-wide damage all week, I am pumped and primed and have barely been healing this whole FP (like I said, guildmate is a good, well geared tank). So we survive several sandstorms (boss is about at 50% by this point) before the tank moves the boss around and we kill the boss with most everyone with just over 10% health left.

Tank says something like: "Oops, I've only ever done SM."

I say: "I thought you did that on purpose b/c you thought I was bored!", which is what I honestly thought was going on. And then I laughed for just about the rest of the FP.

The DPS must think we were crazy.
------------------------------------------

I think my worst GF experience was a while back on my sentinel, who I quickly leveled up and now just use to craft stims b/c I never quite got the hang of the class. It was in Collicoid War Games. Everyone "hello"s, heads to the turrets, clicks in, and gets ready for the mobs to spawn. I had never really done Collicoid until after GF was implemented, but I had done it at least 3 times on said sentinel before this, so I knew I was supposed to shoot all the mobs that came at me and the turret would heal me. So that's what I did. Evidently something else was going on with the rest of the group, because mobs swarmed us and slowly killed the group, even though I did turn around on my turret and try to kill the mobs attacking me from behind.

We rez and try again. Same thing happens, except the other sentinel and the tank/her guildmate both start yelling at me that I was a noob, etc, and had wiped them. I said that I'd shot and killed everything that spawned in front of me and they laughed at that and berated me some more for firing on the group. I was pretty certain friendly fire wasn't even possible, but by that point they were clicking on the turrets, so time to mount up and try again. The same thing happens and I notice the healer has gotten out of his turret to try to heal, so I try to cover the area in front of him. Because of the FPS aspect from the turret I still don't know exactly what happened, except I shot everything in front of me and mobs from behind me killed us all. The two guildmates berate me then quit the group, while I am genuinely confused and when I ask what exactly I was doing wrong they act incredulous that I could be "so stupid" and not just trolling them. IDK. I apologize to the healer, since I guess I messed up in some obvious, dumb way. He says he has no idea what they were talking about, but he got out of his turret to heal, so it's not terribly reassuring.

Muuuuuuch later I find out it used to be the regular strat to shoot across the inner circle to hit more mobs with one blast and that's probably what the other two were doing and why they were dying first and why the mobs were attacking from behind me. I'm still just amazed that they could spend paragraphs wondering just exactly how stupid I was and not figure out how to tell me to turn around. Or the healer, who shot at stuff in front of him like I did. I really, really should have complained to their guild leader, but instead I put them on ignore on every character.
Rumina Legacy || Ebon Hawk // The Harbinger

Synavix
10.12.2013 , 12:40 PM | #1005
Quote: Originally Posted by LuaRumina View Post
Muuuuuuch later I find out it used to be the regular strat to shoot across the inner circle to hit more mobs with one blast and that's probably what the other two were doing and why they were dying first and why the mobs were attacking from behind me. I'm still just amazed that they could spend paragraphs wondering just exactly how stupid I was and not figure out how to tell me to turn around. Or the healer, who shot at stuff in front of him like I did. I really, really should have complained to their guild leader, but instead I put them on ignore on every character.
I've run this FP on almost every character I've leveled, and never seen anyone use this strat. Weird O.o

chuixupu
10.12.2013 , 01:50 PM | #1006
Got in a pug EV HM last night. We get to Gharj. The ops leader states not to skip him because a guildie actually needed gear, which is fine, so we kill it. Except one dps decided to cross the lava anyway, and just sit there the whole time. After we beat the boss and we're heading to the pylons, he starts complaining about how there's no reason to kill that boss because there's no guarantee the guy would get loot. Duh? So we get to the pylons, and we notice that guy is still just standing in the same spot. 5 min later he finally says "coming". Ops leader tells him to go south. No response. a couple min later he finally goes says "jeez I am just tabbing out because you guys take so long". Op leader says "we're taking so long because we're waiting for you!" He still doesn't go south, so someone else does.

Fast forward to Soa. The tank goofs and force speeds off a ledge so he tells everyone to /stuck. We get back in, and we notice that same dps is still sitting on the fleet. We call him out and wait with no response. Finally we just pull and kill the boss. After exiting the area, the guy is still just sitting outside the instance.

What do you think, drunk? High? Just bored, lazy and apathetic? Narcoleptic?
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

USCG_Davis
10.12.2013 , 03:23 PM | #1007
Running HM Athiss with a Pug group. Myself, a mara, in set bonused 72's and 78's, another mara in 72's with a 78 chest no set bonus, then a sorc healer with 27k, and a PT Tank with 32k (zero set pieces). Anyways, he decides that he doesnt need to guard anyone and we get to the first boss. I end up tanking the boss and the other mara kills the adds. Figured ok, maybe he's a new tank that has no clue whats going on. 2nd boss, I tank as well and the other mara goes rage spec and takes care of adds, the PT taunts and then immediately threat drops every time...and the final boss he does the exact same thing...anyways, not even hard to tank HM Athiss.
Raid Leader for <E>
Prophecy of the Five
Atrýss Leggo'my-agro Haji'go-boom Chive-on Sweetims
I'carry-baddies I'carry-scrubs I'cause-QQ

metalfenix
10.12.2013 , 04:13 PM | #1008
Quote: Originally Posted by LuaRumina View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Synavix View Post
I've run this FP on almost every character I've leveled, and never seen anyone use this strat. Weird O.o
Yup first time I've heard of it too, I probably wipe if the group does that. The FP is too easy as it is, why the need of these strange strats?
Koltowolf'Raf Commando Healer / Raf'HiredHealer Mercenary Healer
Rafa-el Scoundrel Healer
Server: The Harbinger

HBCentaurion
10.12.2013 , 05:42 PM | #1009
That's the tactic people used pre-nerf. After the 2 (?) nerfs there is no need as everything dies so fast. Back then Collicoid Wargames was a little bit challenging at the turrets.

AbsolutGrndZero
10.12.2013 , 09:02 PM | #1010
Quote: Originally Posted by HBCentaurion View Post
That's the tactic people used pre-nerf. After the 2 (?) nerfs there is no need as everything dies so fast. Back then Collicoid Wargames was a little bit challenging at the turrets.
Yeah, I've been playing since launch and never saw that strategy either.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain