Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0.1 Promised Crew Skill fixes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
2.0.1 Promised Crew Skill fixes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Giolon
05.01.2013 , 05:04 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
This issue (quoted from the thread where I originally posted) currently exists with missions in Diplomacy, Investigation, Treasure Hunting, and Underworld Trading, and the plan is to fix the icons in the 2.1.1 patch.
Uh, perhaps you made a mistake but the post you quoted has nothing to do with mission icons. It has to do with the fact that UT crits produce less Metal and more Cloth, which is just about the exact opposite that most UT users are looking for. Is that issue going to be fixed?

As a side note, is something going to be done about the general worthlessness of Luxury Cloth in general? Prior to 2.0, it at least had a use in Purple Light Armor Synthweaving Recipes, but now even most of those use Underworld Metals instead. Why are over half of my UT missions at 450 skill for Luxury Cloth when less than 1/3 of 1 crafting profession uses the Cloth, yet there are 3 separate crafting professions that use Underworld Metal?
Da'ru Ar'lya - Jedi Seer
~Giolon~

MorgothPl
05.01.2013 , 05:04 PM | #12
So, if I got it right, you will be removing Holinium, Perfect Crystals and Viral Residues on 2.1?

Now to survive those weeks before 2.1.... "At last we will reveal ourselves to the GTN. At last we shall have our revenge"

Sameria
05.01.2013 , 05:09 PM | #13
Hello everyone!

I know it's been a while since we gave you a full update about the issues quoted above, but before I get into the details, I want to clear up a misconception. The quote from the OP is extensive, and there seems to be some confusion or folks that missed the following:

I'm sorry if it wasn't more clear that the numerical list was NOT in Game Update 2.0.1. The good news is that all of the fixes listed above are all slated to be addressed in Game Update 2.1. In addition to the fixes listed in the OP, we are fixing a few more Crew Skill issues in the next two scheduled patches. Here are the details as they stand right now:

This issue (quoted from the thread where I originally posted) currently exists with missions in Diplomacy, Investigation, Treasure Hunting, and Underworld Trading, and the plan is to fix the icons in the 2.1.1 patch.

This quote discusses incorrectly getting an "Insufficient Skill Level" error message when Reverse Engineering items. This is definitely a bug, and we have it slated for Game Update 2.1. However, a fix has not been through testing yet, so there's a chance this may end up in Game Update 2.1.1. I'll be sure to let you know.

I posted about this issue that's being fixed in Game Update 2.1 as well. Please note that this only happens on unsuccessful mission attempts, and it doesn't happen every time.

We're working on several more reports in addition to what's listed above, so please stay tuned. New updates will come as we have solid information to provide.

~Amber
Amber,

What about cybertech and the inability to RE certain blue 66 mods? For instance Deft Mod 28.
Karisa - Carnek - Karise - Ethria - Elisy - Kodo - Sameria
R E I G N

Sith Empire - PvE ♦ PvP ♦ RP-lite
Official Guild Website

dscount
05.01.2013 , 05:37 PM | #14
Might be the wrong thread, but what about the inability to RE the Orange Crafted gear (Level 54).

Or Crit's for crafted Level 54 Orange Gear providing MK-7 slots instead of MK-9 slots like implants are doing correctly.
Sage/Sorc Gate 2013 Combat DEV LOL Responses:
"...you must play defensively and make them pay for trying to kill you."
"...require a higher skill level than many players are comfortable with."

ebado
05.01.2013 , 05:47 PM | #15
Wait, is 2.1 coming out much earlier than we expect or are we just going to be waiting a while for crew skills to work properly?
kolto and corrosives
window legacy - the bastion

Veyss
05.01.2013 , 05:57 PM | #16
That's what I was thinking, too.

Either 2.1 is much closer, or the fix is much farther away than we hoped.
Trust your feelings!

Chickensevil
05.01.2013 , 06:54 PM | #17
2.1 should be 6 to 8 weeks from the release of 2.0 according to their own prementioned release cycles. 2.0 has been live since Apr 9 making 6 weeks May 21. Since we just got 2.0.1 it is very likely that they would hold out on any other patches for a while, since they wouldn't be releasing any new cartel stuff for at least a good two or three more weeks from now.

What I wish, is that we could have gotten a 2.0.2 to address these issues a little sooner than May 21 (tentatively). If we get 2.1 sooner than that, may the peasents rejoice, and I hope someone at BW says something about how they released it sooner than expected or something... because you know how people get with holding BW to "timeframes".

Because I certainly hope we dont have to wait 3 more weeks for these and the incoming bolster fixes, cause these are really glaring issues in the game right now. Broken PVP because people are exploiting (taking advantage of a bug), and almost broken crafting.
Quote:
First man says to the second man: Why are you hitting your head against the wall over and over?
Second man responds: Because it feels so good when I stop
Zetliam - Empire - Bounty Hunter - Pot5
Armory

Cupelixx
05.01.2013 , 08:55 PM | #18
Hello everyone!

I know it's been a while since we gave you a full update about the issues quoted above, but before I get into the details, I want to clear up a misconception. The quote from the OP is extensive, and there seems to be some confusion or folks that missed the following:

I'm sorry if it wasn't more clear that the numerical list was NOT in Game Update 2.0.1. The good news is that all of the fixes listed above are all slated to be addressed in Game Update 2.1. In addition to the fixes listed in the OP, we are fixing a few more Crew Skill issues in the next two scheduled patches. Here are the details as they stand right now:

This quote discusses incorrectly getting an "Insufficient Skill Level" error message when Reverse Engineering items. This is definitely a bug, and we have it slated for Game Update 2.1. However, a fix has not been through testing yet, so there's a chance this may end up in Game Update 2.1.1. I'll be sure to let you know.

I posted about this issue that's being fixed in Game Update 2.1 as well. Please note that this only happens on unsuccessful mission attempts, and it doesn't happen every time.

We're working on several more reports in addition to what's listed above, so please stay tuned. New updates will come as we have solid information to provide.

~Amber
This is probably the wrong thread, but what about the returns on slicing lockbox missions dropping a hugely inadequate amount of credits?
Please un-break Slicing lockbox missions.

Darthmoriquendi
05.02.2013 , 12:12 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthKyorl View Post
What the hell is going on with Scavenging? I get a 450 mission and it only comes back with that damned useless Hollinium, I have 400 pieces of Hollinium that are worthless. They said they were going to raise the price to compensate us, but that didn't happen. Also still getting massive amounts of stupid Viral Residue with Bioanalysis, of course a 99 stack of that worthless mat is only worth 7k. Archeology is only the only thing that seems to working a little better getting lots of Carbonic crystals. Of course since the patch I am only criting on Treasure Hunting and Slicing once every four days. Before the patch I was getting a good yield of Mytag crystals and criting on Slicing even though it was only giving 1 to 2 thermal regulators.

Sorry for the rant, but since 2.0 crew skills frustrated me to point of madness.
I can sympathize with you. Either I have the worst luck in the world or Bioware hates me...lol Seriously only received 4 thermal regulators since the last patch. Very few mytag crystals and almost no rares for Diplomacy(forgot the name of them). Only thing I seem to get a fair amount of is beryllius from underworld and a little permacrete from investigation. Maxed affection and the skill crits used all legacy of crafting on all crafters although that doesnt affect the chance of mission crits. Not too mention the enormous amount of credits spent on stupid worthless yields we can't use in hopes of a purple mat. Have spent the last 2 weeks of my waking hours running missions on all my crafters continuously with hardly any success. Downright exhausting and discouraging.

Darthmoriquendi
05.02.2013 , 12:16 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by dscount View Post
Might be the wrong thread, but what about the inability to RE the Orange Crafted gear (Level 54).

Or Crit's for crafted Level 54 Orange Gear providing MK-7 slots instead of MK-9 slots like implants are doing correctly.
This......