Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My friends. I'm afraid I must take a break from this wonderful game...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
My friends. I'm afraid I must take a break from this wonderful game...

SirCopperfield
05.01.2013 , 10:50 AM | #1
I have too much vested in this game and I need to take a step back. Last night I broke down emotionally and cried for several hours after I lost a player versus player duel. After I was done crying, I realized that I needed to take a step back. There is something wrong if I'm letting something that happened in game affect me this deeply.

After I left my wife and daughter so I could play more, I was as happy as could be. I would log on average, 17 hours of game time per day. I have twelve level 55's who are all valor level 100. I felt accomplished. I felt like I was bigger than the game. After last night's defeat and emotional downfall that followed it, I realized that this isn't necessarily a good thing.

I know a lot of the younger gamers look up to me as a role model. I am here to tell you that there is more to life than this game. Don't get so immersed in your characters that you forget that as I have. I don't recommend playing for more than 7 hours straight at any time. I know this may sound weird coming from a gaming legend and a professional gamer, but take my word for it. You don't want to feel how I felt last night.

I don't know when I'll return.

May the force be with you all.
Republic Prophecy of Five
Juxon-Guardian Dickens-Vanguard Copperfield-Sage Arcilite-Smuggler
Empire Prophecy of Five
Jerin-Mercanary Waiters-Sorcerer Dawson-Maurader Silverfield-Assassin Pacey-Operative

Ekas
05.01.2013 , 10:54 AM | #2
Am I going to be first to respond to a SirCopperfield post?

EDIT: Well, look at that, I was. I feel so accomplished.

On topic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLyxmD_UAK4 NOOOOOOOO, master! Don't leave us!

Pistols
05.01.2013 , 10:54 AM | #3
I'll miss your Merc trying to tunnel vision me in WZ's, I only wish I had let you kill me once.

Dailies won't be the same without you.

Logisitcs
05.01.2013 , 10:56 AM | #4
You probably lost because of ability delay

With all your connections in the video gaming world maybe you can try and pressure Bioware to fix this
(If they even can)

branmakmuffin
05.01.2013 , 11:05 AM | #5
There's something about carrying a joke too far, like if Miley Cyrus pretended to be Hannah Montana a24/7.

Joesixxpack
05.01.2013 , 11:15 AM | #6
I suggest bringing a groupie harem on vacation someplace distant and exotic. On second thought don't bring any groupies, you'll surely be found by a bunch wherever your destination is. A week of leisure and debauchery'll get you back on top of the pyramid.

Themanthatisi
05.01.2013 , 11:18 AM | #7
A good woman will do wonders for a man's soul.... Time to replace what you lost.

AGSThomas
05.01.2013 , 11:22 AM | #8
I don't think anyone looks up to you... just sayin
Med´vh - Deception Assassin (PvP DPS)
D´omedes - Vengeance Juggernaut (PvP DPS)
Server: 5 Prophecies

branmakmuffin
05.01.2013 , 11:28 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AGSThomas View Post
I don't think anyone looks up to you... just sayin
Really short people might, unless he's really short, too.

zzoorrzz
05.01.2013 , 11:29 AM | #10