Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Exar Kun vs Darth Vader vs Jaina Solo

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Exar Kun vs Darth Vader vs Jaina Solo

LadyKulvax
05.01.2013 , 12:32 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Yes a Jedi Knight , not a Sith Lord encased in armor which not only is made from some of the strongest metals in the SWU but also made from Sith Alchemy, and wasn't that in the Massassi Temple that happened, Kun's place of power so wouldn't his powers be amped up from more then what he usually is? Though now wait a minute, are we using each of them at their peak? Then...wouldn't that mean, Kun would be just a spirit floating around?

There is also the matter, of where this battle is going to take place.

Then damn Kun stomps, cause it took the power from Luke's students, Luke himself and Vodo Baas to beat him. Spite thread....
No it was out in a sacrificial pit.

Also, the Exar Kun I imagined is in his prime, but considering he had the power to rebuild his own body with Sith sorcery, we are assuming he has done so here, otherwise he is gimped by pre or post death status.

This duel would take place in a neutral force area, so neither Jaina or the Sith Lords have an unfair advantage, random buildings, etc...
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Wolfninjajedi
05.01.2013 , 12:41 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
No it was out in a sacrificial pit.

Also, the Exar Kun I imagined is in his prime, but considering he had the power to rebuild his own body with Sith sorcery, we are assuming he has done so here, otherwise he is gimped by pre or post death status.

This duel would take place in a neutral force area, so neither Jaina or the Sith Lords have an unfair advantage, random buildings, etc...
Then its closer to Kun vs Vader, 50/50 it just all depends on what happens. Now with Jaina, haven't a clue on what she can do so....need some enlightenment.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

darthnamel
05.01.2013 , 04:56 PM | #13
I always go back to what Mara Jade said in I,Jedi (which in now an in-universe document, as cannon states)

Quote:
....Darth Vader would have found you amusingly quaint, and the Emperor... well..." Mara Jade's eyes flashed mercilessly. The Emperor succeed in destroying the Jedi, so he'd see you as the very definition of failure
Jaina, Sword Of The Jedi. Next Chosen One, married to Jagged Fel.
And since Mara Jade was working for the Emperor for so long she would have know Vader's true strength.

Slowpokeking
05.01.2013 , 05:52 PM | #14
Kun is more powerful than Vader, he nearly never lose a 1 on 1 battle in his whole life, great lightsaber skills and Force ability. He once easily froze the whole Senate, that's more powerful than anything Vader did.

Slowpokeking
05.01.2013 , 05:54 PM | #15
Kun has no edge against Vader in combat, being unorthodox while handy doesn't mean he is above Vader. His only thing he has above Vader, are the Force Blasts which given Vader's feats of durability its gonna take more then one and it isn't like Vader wouldn't be able to dodge them either. Kun's TK feats are rather small, compared to Vader who was throwing around ships, collapsing buildings, hurling beasts around, and so on so forth.

As for Jaina, again have no real knowledge of her so not gonna tread into that water.
Vader got beaten by Maul clone and only turned the table by surprise, so it's safe to say his lightsaber skill is inferior than Kun.

Kun could freeze a Senate easily and fight his master at the same time. He also killed Odan-Urr with one shot.

darthnamel
05.01.2013 , 06:03 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Kun is more powerful than Vader, he nearly never lose a 1 on 1 battle in his whole life, great lightsaber skills and Force ability. He once easily froze the whole Senate, that's more powerful than anything Vader did.
People seem to forget he had a Sith Amulet, that Amplified his power. Then I guess Murr is more powerful since he outlasted Kun. Kun was meant to be OP, but seeing as Vader=80% Of Sidious, I say he is stronger. remember Vader has killed hundreds of more Jedi than Kun, and in some cases after 19 BBY he faces more than couple Jedi at once. Vader needs no amulet like that Sith failure.

Slowpokeking
05.01.2013 , 06:08 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnamel View Post
People seem to forget he had a Sith Amulet, that Amplified his power. Then I guess Murr is more powerful since he outlasted Kun. Kun was meant to be OP, but seeing as Vader=80% Of Sidious, I say he is stronger. remember Vader has killed hundreds of more Jedi than Kun, and in some cases after 19 BBY he faces more than couple Jedi at once. Vader needs no amulet like that Sith failure.
Vader
1. got beaten by Maul clone.
2. got beaten by Starkiller.
3. could not take down the old Obi Wan in short time.
4. got beaten by EP VI Luke.

Unless he goes rampage, I don't see a reason of him being stronger than Kun.

Wolfninjajedi
05.01.2013 , 06:16 PM | #18
Vader got beaten by Maul clone and only turned the table by surprise, so it's safe to say his lightsaber skill is inferior than Kun.

Kun could freeze a Senate easily and fight his master at the same time. He also killed Odan-Urr with one shot.
Vader only got beat by the Maul clone because the clone switched to using two sabers, after Vader cut his double bladed saber in half. Before that they were fighting pretty well against one another, one instance doesn't mean Vader's skill is inferior more to that, that fight was still when Vader was nowhere near his prime dueling state. He has a ton of showings, in dueling showcasing his fighting ability.

Kun's biggest advantage was the fact that

1. His double bladed saber was pretty much the newest thing on the block, and the Jedi had no way to fight it.

2. His unorthodox style of fighting with Ninam.

Ok...his 1st advantage is gone, Vader isn't a stranger to the double bladed saber. The unorthodox style fighting is an advantage but not a great one, as Vader's style would be completely alien to Kun and he too has used The Force during his fighting.

The only thing Kun has over Vader is his Force Blasts, however since Lady has stated this is Kun in his prime with a body it is more then likely 50/50 because Vader can put up a strong defense aswell as a great offense.

But anyway I suppose we have debated this long enough, and we should look at what Jaina brings in.

Slowpokeking
05.01.2013 , 06:29 PM | #19
Vader only got beat by the Maul clone because the clone switched to using two sabers, after Vader cut his double bladed saber in half. Before that they were fighting pretty well against one another, one instance doesn't mean Vader's skill is inferior more to that, that fight was still when Vader was nowhere near his prime dueling state. He has a ton of showings, in dueling showcasing his fighting ability.
And Kun is very good at dual wielding, it's safe to say he's much better than Maul on Force Techniques.

Quote:
Kun's biggest advantage was the fact that

1. His double bladed saber was pretty much the newest thing on the block, and the Jedi had no way to fight it.

2. His unorthodox style of fighting with Ninam.

Ok...his 1st advantage is gone, Vader isn't a stranger to the double bladed saber. The unorthodox style fighting is an advantage but not a great one, as Vader's style would be completely alien to Kun.
Kun is good at all three ways, single, dual wielding and double blade lightsabers, he already beat his master once with two lightsabers. Even Maul owned Vader with it, why wouldn't Kun be able to win?

Wolfninjajedi
05.01.2013 , 06:31 PM | #20
And Kun is very good at dual wielding, it's safe to say he's much better than Maul on Force Techniques.

Kun is good at all three ways, single, dual wielding and double blade lightsabers, he already beat his master once with two lightsabers. Even Maul owned Vader with it, why wouldn't Kun be able to win?
Because were assuming that Kun is using his double bladed saber here? Given that was his actual weapon? More to that yes Vader was beaten by Maul using two sabers, however its not like he wouldn't learn from his mistakes and think of a way to overcome it, he has learned from previous failures before.