Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Correct Gear Rolling Etiquette

wookiwwlover
04.30.2013 , 06:15 PM | #1
I was doing a HM flashpoint last night and had a most unpleasant experience.
I recognised a player I had come across from previous flashpoints and had hoped since i had seen him last he had changed his ways. It was not the case it seems as for every random loot roll he was needing everything.
When asked why he was needing every item his reply was "I need it, is that a problem?"
I promptly told him I would leave the FP if he continued to "need" every item, which i did a few mins later.

Now is it considered poor looting etiguette in a pug hm fp too need every item that you come across?
Or am I missing some vital point about the loot roll?

Thnx for any input.

RiChess
04.30.2013 , 07:03 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by wookiwwlover View Post
I was doing a HM flashpoint last night and had a most unpleasant experience.
I recognised a player I had come across from previous flashpoints and had hoped since i had seen him last he had changed his ways. It was not the case it seems as for every random loot roll he was needing everything.
When asked why he was needing every item his reply was "I need it, is that a problem?"
I promptly told him I would leave the FP if he continued to "need" every item, which i did a few mins later.

Now is it considered poor looting etiguette in a pug hm fp too need every item that you come across?
Or am I missing some vital point about the loot roll?

Thnx for any input.
He was no doubt a greedy tool, simply put him on your ignore list and GF will not group him with you again.
55- Sniper 55- Mara 55- Sage
55- Merc 55- Juggy
55- Sin 55- PT
55- Op 55- Sorc

Askesis
04.30.2013 , 10:06 PM | #3
Guy was a dolt, /ignore and move on.

Most loot etiquette is pretty simple: If you need it for your current character, need it. If you need it for a companion, to send the mods to another character, or even to sell, roll greed.

There's only two circumstances I can think of that can be considered a grey area:

1) Rolling on an off-spec item. If a Warrior DPS piece drops, should the Jug roll need on it? And does this answer change depending if there's a DPS Jug/Marauder in the group with him or not? What if the tank of your FP isn't usually a tank? What if he's queuing as a tank just to shorten his queue times, but is queuing specifically to build his DPS set? Should he only roll on tank gear because he's currently tanking, even if the whole purpose in the group is to try and get his DPS gear?

2) Rolling on an item means for another class that you could actually use. For example, let's say that warrior DPS piece drops, but I, as a healing Op, could use the good crit/surge enhancement in it. There's a couple of factors here: As many people now are in full 69's, everyone is trying to optimize and get rid of their lettered mods, there's a good chance the person it is designed for is only going to use the mod or enhancement. I only want the enhancement if it's the low endurance variety. If the enhancement on the piece is low endurance, then the mod is lettered (from my experience, I have not noticed a FP piece drop that has both low endurance mod and enhancement). Should the warrior, who only wants the enhancement, have priority over me, who also only wants the enhancement, just because I can't use the armoring or mod, even though he wouldn't be using the armoring or mod either? I have never rolled need on a piece that doesn't have my mainstat, but I can certainly see an argument for it.

Leave it to me to make a wall of text reply needlessly. As for the OP, it's a clear case of greed. Ignore and move on (though I would have tried to have him kicked before I dropped myself).

DreadzKaiser
04.30.2013 , 11:38 PM | #4
If you need it, need it
If your companion/alt needs it, ask if you can need roll. If no one gives a damn, go ahead. Might as well get some use out of it instead of having it be sold for chump change

anything else, greed.

If you see someone like that, Scream "NINJA', watch him get kicked, start the kick yourself if they dont, /ignore and if you feel like it, post his name on general chat with NINJA next to it for the extra mile.
Asses like that deserve everything you can do to them
You shouldnt have had to leave that.....unless he was the tank, replacing those takes so long you might as well
Veloren Douchensire Grand Champion of the Great Hunt:
<Fully Armed and Operational>

........Nope, not long enough