Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chosen one: Luke, or anakin?

Grayer
12.20.2011 , 11:37 PM | #1
I'm stuck on this question: Is Anakin the chosen one just because eveyone said he was, or is Luke, because he saved the galaxy?

ASSASIN

Szazi
12.20.2011 , 11:40 PM | #2
Anakin pratically killed the emperor by helping Luke from the Emperor.

Luke was just there to pull Anakin from Dark side to the Light.

Luke never had a chance to kill the emperor, remember the emperor basically killed 2 jedi masters under 1 minute (he lost to Mindu though).

Anakin was the Chosen one.
I used to wait for my chance to get into Early access, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Dreamsinger
12.20.2011 , 11:41 PM | #3
ANakin is, because he brought literal balance to the force, 2 sith and 2 jedi. The the other Jedi in the books are second tier cannon, in other words cannon for the books, not cannon for George Lucas. Luke is merely Anakin's very whiney offspring.
There is a special place in Hell for Forum Flamers, right next Child Molesters and those who talk in the theatre.

Rhyltran
12.20.2011 , 11:57 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Dreamsinger View Post
ANakin is, because he brought literal balance to the force, 2 sith and 2 jedi. The the other Jedi in the books are second tier cannon, in other words cannon for the books, not cannon for George Lucas. Luke is merely Anakin's very whiney offspring.
That was not what was referred to as balance. The books are Canon as well. Not "Second Tier." There is only one continuity.

From GL

"The first film starts with the last age of the Republic, which is it's getting tired, it's old, it's getting corrupt.

There's the rise of the Sith, who are becoming a force, and in the backdrop of this we have Anakin Skywalker, a young boy who is destined to be a significant player in bringing balance back to the Force and to the Republic...

Then in the second film we get into more of that turmoil. It's the beginning of the Clone Wars, it's the beginning of the end of democracy in the Republic, sort of the beginning of the end of the Republic. And it's Anakin Skywalker beginning to deal with some of his more intense emotions of anger, hatred, sense of loss, possessiveness, jealousy, and the other things he has to cope with.

And then we will get to the 3rd film where he is seduced to the dark side..

Which brings us up to the films 4, 5, and 6, in which Anakin's offspring redeem him and allow him to fulfill the prophecy where he brings balance to the Force by doing away with the Sith and getting rid of evil in the universe..."

Removing the Sith is what created balance. Not bringing the numbers equal to the Jedi. The Sith were throwing the force out of balance.

Wolfninjajedi
12.21.2011 , 12:11 AM | #5
Thinking about it now, by the time of ROTJ...theres still imbalance all through the movie. At the start, it starts out as 2 jedi and 2 sith but then 1 jedi dies so now its 1 jedi and 2 sith. But then at the end, there are 2 jedi and 0 sith but one jedi dies so theres only 1 jedi and no sith.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

BrandonSM
12.21.2011 , 01:09 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Thinking about it now, by the time of ROTJ...theres still imbalance all through the movie. At the start, it starts out as 2 jedi and 2 sith but then 1 jedi dies so now its 1 jedi and 2 sith. But then at the end, there are 2 jedi and 0 sith but one jedi dies so theres only 1 jedi and no sith.
Light Side is balance, Dark Side Causes Imbalance. So it was Balance.

Luke isn't the chosen one. Anakin is. Luke is what Anakin should have been. Anakin brought complete imbalance(Wiping out the Jedi Order) and then brought pure balance.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Rugaard
12.21.2011 , 01:14 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Dreamsinger View Post
Saying Luke is whiny in comparison to Anakin is one of the funniest things I think I have ever seen on these forums.....
"A Jedi whose lightsaber is guided by the Force need not fear the outcome of any battle."

Pre Order successful and code applied 7-21-2011

The_Grand_Nagus
12.21.2011 , 01:15 AM | #8
According to hard canon the chosen one is Anakin. He destroyed the Sith and brought balance to the force by killing the emperor. However if you go by the EU then there isnt really a chosen one at all because the emperor came back and so did lots of other dark force users, making the whole balance thing meaningless.
ALL YOUR LATINUM ARE BELONG TO ME

Rhyltran
12.21.2011 , 01:17 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Light Side is balance, Dark Side Causes Imbalance. So it was Balance.

Luke isn't the chosen one. Anakin is. Luke is what Anakin should have been. Anakin brought complete imbalance(Wiping out the Jedi Order) and then brought pure balance.
Not quite. That's thrown around a lot as well. Dark side isn't imbalance. The sith are imbalanced. There's other dark side users and they're fine. the thing is the Jedi protect and uphold the value of the republic but they don't force their light philosophy on others. The sith aim to turn the entire galaxy dark and eradicate the light. Which creates imbalance.

BrandonSM
12.21.2011 , 01:21 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
Not quite. That's thrown around a lot as well. Dark side isn't imbalance. The sith are imbalanced. There's other dark side users and they're fine. the thing is the Jedi protect and uphold the value of the republic but they don't force their light philosophy on others. The sith aim to turn the entire galaxy dark and eradicate the light. Which creates imbalance.
Dark Side itself(The entire thing) causes imbalance. Any Practicioner of the Dark Side causes Imbalance. According to Lucas. Light Side is Balance. Dark Side causes Imbalance. If there was only Light Side, everything would be balance.

Does that make sense?

Any presence of the Dark, Numbers matter not, just the presence of the Dark Side causes imbalance.

I'm not good at explaining things.

And the EU messes it up, there really is no chosen one in EU.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."