Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force walking.

DarthThuzad
04.30.2013 , 04:46 PM | #1
Does Force-walking make the SI undead and immortal, or does it merely empower them greatly?

Roodbot
04.30.2013 , 05:01 PM | #2
Gives a lot of power and makes them immortal, but I wouldn't say undead. Just because you visit Florida doesn't mean you're a Floridian. Just because you visit the plane of the dead doesn't mean you're dead.
Once you go tank, you never go back!

Bird_of_Thunder
05.04.2013 , 03:36 PM | #3
of course, the Forcewalker (I believe that is the term) could be hit with some counter-ritual. This reminds me a bit of the Wrath vs. Nox threads. I wouldn't say the Forcewalker is "immortal" but rather can take great amounts of punishment and survive things that would kill any normal person due to the fact that the Forcewalker is backed by the vitality of a Force ghost.

Just my thoughts
Darth Ravvok
Carnage Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

BenKatarn
05.05.2013 , 09:16 AM | #4
As Ergast put it, "I am bound to your life and you to my death."

This might be stretching it, but I would somewhat compare the situation of the Inqusitor and the ghosts to that of Ciel and Roa from the visual novel Tsukihime. To put in some context to those unfamiliar with the subject, in Tsukihime, a girl named Ciel becomes the host to a vampire-like being named Roa who is "reincarnated" in her body and takes complete possession of her. Later, Roa is "killed" by another vampire and gets reincarnated in another body. However, Ciel survives oddly enough and finds herself to be unable to die. You can cut her up, set her on fire, crush her etc, she regenerates and goes on. She cannot die until Roa is destroyed for good. She has become a living paradox.

I consider the Inquisitor to be in a similiar position. The Inquisitor "dies" when he confronts Thanaton for the first time, but the ghosts shield and revive him/her. The dead cannot be killed (Quote by Ergast: "Death can only be avoided, not defeated.") and since the Inquisitor is powered by the dead, he/she cannot die. Unless there is a power involved that overwhelms that of the ghosts, I don't see the Inqusitor actually getting killed. The Inquisitor has become a living being that is powered and shielded by the dead, to I guess he/she is an undead.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

Zardac_the_Great
05.05.2013 , 01:00 PM | #5
Woah! I knew my assassin was cool, but I had no idea she was a zombie.

That makes her...uncool. Hrmm. I'll have to sort this out.

WarlordThuran
06.06.2013 , 06:23 PM | #6
So, what would happen if you were to pack up said sith in a torpedo and shoot her into a star?

And, while the person can be shielded, it seems like dealing the amount of damage usually needed to kill said person would be enough to at least put them out of action for a while? Or are we just assuming that every SI in swtor is a god that cannot be defeated without knowing the counteritual? :P