Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rate the best class stories

Blackavaar
04.30.2013 , 04:52 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
Not finished any of the republican classes yet, though Knight seems pretty good.
We can play Republicans? I get Ronald Reagan!

Just a joke, man. Please don't take it personally.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

ImMaxa
04.30.2013 , 05:10 PM | #22
I have finished five class stories so far. Knight just finished chapter 2, trooper is close to finishing 1, and consular is halfway 1.
The completed stories:
1. Agent. Nice story of playing the behind the scenes guy who kicks *** and takes down a conspiracy. Nice plot twists and the desire to continue & progress.
2. Warrior. Classic story of a Sith rise to power, in a fun way. Chapter 2 was slightly weaker, but 1 & 3 were excellent. Also some of the best lines of the game.
Spoiler

3. Smuggler. Mostly because of the funny lines and general humour. Some nice twists too.
4. Bounty Hunter. Fairly predictable. You hunt people for cash. Also some funny lines of course, and a good line-up of companions.
5. Inquisitor. Could be good, but wasted. Story did not capture me. Bad guy who hates me for seemingly no reason. Ending was unsatisfying.
Spoiler

Others:
- Knight has been pretty entertaining so far. Typical good guy stuff. Kira is awesome though, one of the best companions in the game (on par with Vette I think).
- Trooper has an interesting chapter 1 so far, can't say more.
- Seen some consular stuff on gf's character besides my own, and seems not that great, but does give some nice info on the Jedi order and working in the background to protect it.
Founder, Living Legend, The Red Eclipse + The Shadowlands
Severe case of Altoholicism!
Total characters EU: 16 Level Capped at 60: 6
Total characters US: 8 Level Capped at 60: 0

ATAMIANM
04.30.2013 , 05:14 PM | #23
I've only played the Inquisitor (Assassin), Warrior (Marauder) and Jedi Knight to the end. I am still leveling an agent.

- Of the three I thought the inquisitor storyline was the most enjoyable. I thought it was more consistent throughout and I liked the interactions and treachery throughout.. I enjoyed the Warrior story a lot but
Spoiler
The Knight story was predictable, and I felt constrained being a "do-gooder". On the other hand you get all those Satile Shan meetings, where she won't flirt with you.

A lot of people say the Agent story is the best. My agent is at level 24ish and all I have to say is "meh". It's not nearly as fun healing Kaliyo endlessly as slashing away with a lightsaber. Not nearly as exciting as the other storylines. I suppose it is possible that it picks up at some point- I am hoping it does. But most of my time now is with my assassin and marauder getting them to 55 and beyond.

_biddan_
04.30.2013 , 06:03 PM | #24
1:lawful good sith warrior
2:neutral good jedi consular
3:started neutral evil became neutral good after act 1 redemption,imperial agent
4:lawful evil sith inquisitor,the ending made it worth it
5:caothic good smuggler,funny,but overall not to great
6:lawful good trooper,i don't know why,it just had a few epic moments but only act 1 was good,the rest was totally "meh"
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

MasterOak
04.30.2013 , 06:36 PM | #25
Smuggler is easily the worst hands down. The story fails on many levels to capture the Han Solo feel, and it completely lacks any sense of gravity. The story feels utterly trivial.

LeonBraun
04.30.2013 , 09:40 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterOak View Post
Smuggler is easily the worst hands down. The story fails on many levels to capture the Han Solo feel, and it completely lacks any sense of gravity. The story feels utterly trivial.
I got that impression... Of my many toons, I haven't got a Smuggler toon further than Coruscant.

Also, I would agree with those saying that the Knight is top Rep story... While the "B" story or planet arcs are rather cliche and predictable, the personal stories with companions, allies and adversaries is where the Knight story really shines big, and perhaps bigger in this area than any other class, including the much hailed IA story. Also the JK ending is suitably epic.
Honalee - Guild Leader of Midnight Sunrise - The Harbinger Server

The Lightwarder Legacy - The Harbinger Server Honalee - Honaloo - Hona - Panidora
Spyce - Cadogan - Praksas - Ratigan

Lunafox
05.01.2013 , 04:03 AM | #27
I've done them all, and to my thinking this is how it rates, best to worst...

Imperial Agent (IA and SW could be considered a tie)
Sith Warrior
Jedi Knight
Sith Inquisitor (interesting but better love interests are needed)
Smuggler (smug and bh could be considered a tie)
Bounty Hunter
Trooper (especially bad if you're a female trooper. No good love interest, dull companions, no interesting subplot like male Troopers get)
Consular (dull dull dull dull omg my eyes are bleeding from the dull.)
Check out my novel! ETERNITY AWAITS

Pscyon
05.01.2013 , 04:16 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
We can play Republicans? I get Ronald Reagan!

Just a joke, man. Please don't take it personally.

Several of us actually got an infraction for using the word pre-launch. We contested it though, got an apology, and the infractions were withdrawn. It's now a perfectly safe word to use again! \o/ Just like sockpuppetry, the newest awesome word I've learned on these forums.
Sith Sorcerer

Aries_cz
05.01.2013 , 04:22 AM | #29
From those I finished
  1. IA
  2. Consular (maybe a tie with Agent, but I guess that is because it was my first char and my main, so I love it)
  3. Hunter
  4. Smuggler
  5. Knight
  6. Trooper

Inquisitor is going probably somewhere between Consular and Smuggler. I am not even past Dromund Kaas on warrior, so I can't guess there
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

WarGame
05.01.2013 , 04:31 AM | #30
1.) Agent: I'm not finished, but it's very well done and I don't know how it's going to end yet (I'm in the 40's).
2.) Sith Warrior: I think it's mostly because it's my favorite voice actor, but it's generally solid, although I knew how things were going to go down to soon.
3.) Knight: I liked the vast majority of it, thought the end was pretty bad though.
4.) Bounty Hunter: When played like a serial killer, it's fun, less so when not.
5.) Trooper: It is boring at times, but I found it to be very well done. My favorite companion group by a landslide. It also may have my favorite ending so far.
6.) Inquisitor: Thought the first act was good, i thought the rest was garbage.
7.) Smuggler: Mine is in the mid 30's and I haven't cared about the story line in awhile already. I'm not done though so it may move up.
8.) Consular: Worst voice actor by a mile. My least favorite opening companion by a mile. And since I played this at release I looked like I was wearing a dress for 50 levels. I think the voice actor largely killed this story for me though, elements of it were clever, should have played it with the sound off.