Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The one genuine mistake BW/EA have made is lack of communication.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The one genuine mistake BW/EA have made is lack of communication.

msales
12.13.2011 , 01:26 PM | #1
The one genuine mistake BW/EA have made is communication, a lot of people have said that they can稚 believe the feeling of entitlement that a lot of people have. Personally I don稚 feel entitled to access seven days early. (five is another matter). I do however feel entitled to proper communication from EA/BW. Something along the lines of, you will be on wave X, we are currently on wave Y, the ETA on the next wave is Z.

Furthermore I understand the need for a staggered launch, I understand server load and the fact that they can稚 have everyone I the same zone at the same time (Though I do worry about the official release day, and Christmas day) However this is a retail product and a lot of people won稚 have this level of understanding. A bit of explanation regarding the staggering would have been a good idea.

Some people will never be happy but polite communication goes a long way to keeping most people happy and alleviates frustration.

AllanGand
12.13.2011 , 01:30 PM | #2
SR explained that they didn't want to do that, because they are not sure how things will go and they want to keep their flexibility. For example they let in a bonus wave today, based on the server load.

If they were to communicate to people that they will get EA on a certain day, and then not be able to meet that date it would have been much worse.

However it would have been nice to get an idea of how many preorders have been allowed in as a percentage form. But SR said we're not getting that either.

msales
12.13.2011 , 01:34 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by AllanGand View Post
SR explained that they didn't want to do that, because they are not sure how things will go and they want to keep their flexibility. For example they let in a bonus wave today, based on the server load.

If they were to communicate to people that they will get EA on a certain day, and then not be able to meet that date it would have been much worse.

However it would have been nice to get an idea of how many preorders have been allowed in as a percentage form. But SR said we're not getting that either.
I知 not suggesting that they give exact dates times, just keep people abreast of the current state of play and give the odd ETA on waves.

msales
12.13.2011 , 01:35 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JustTed View Post
You've gotten it.

You'll be in between now and the 19th. This has been communicated to you.

You're now asking for something additional because you're a child with an entitlement complex.
No I知 an adult with a grasp of customer service.

Sirenn
12.13.2011 , 01:36 PM | #5
i now know my toons name bioware-blows

Tyranox
12.13.2011 , 01:36 PM | #6
I agree with OP. I have been in a ton of previous betas and their communication is horr ree blay.

davidpop
12.13.2011 , 01:37 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by msales View Post
Dont borther. poeple dont get it, and it is only mmo companys who get away with this sort of behavoir, because, lets face it, we got nowhere else to take our business.

Ralty
12.13.2011 , 01:37 PM | #8
Then act like one and realize you are entitled to nothing, except the possibility of early access.

POSSIBILITY
Married With Children
"If you can't explain something simply, you don't understand it well enough" - Albert Einstein

AllanGand
12.13.2011 , 01:42 PM | #9
I知 not suggesting that they give exact dates times, just keep people abreast of the current state of play and give the odd ETA on waves.
I see what you're saying, and I definitely understand the need for communication but I don't think they have the size of the waves set. Still they should be able to make some worst case scenario predictions.

Anyway the truth is a bit more communication would go a long way in quelling the masses.

Oh and could someone please point out the phrase where the OP leaves the impression he is entitled to anything please?

msales
12.13.2011 , 01:46 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ralty View Post
Then act like one and realize you are entitled to nothing, except the possibility of early access.

POSSIBILITY
I知 not sure you understand what I知 saying. I知 not talking about the gaining access; I知 talking about the level of communication and its effect on customer satisfaction.