Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Question] Why can't Bioware ever emergency patch big PvP issues?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
[Question] Why can't Bioware ever emergency patch big PvP issues?

Monterone
04.30.2013 , 01:13 PM | #1
We've seen it time after time again -- servers going down, emergency patch: The price of the cartel items was off by 10% or some ****... a chest in a raid was opening twice, etc...

How come you devs never seem to want to fix game breaking PvP issues immediately? Issues like bolster, which we have been providing feedback on since its beta. How come we never see an emergency patch or a server go down to fix the issues we end up living with for weeks in PvP. Issues that only make us resent you and your game more and more every time.

Do you even realize the poor business decisions you keep making time after time? Do you care? Is it that maybe you don't know how to fix it? Is it time to admit that and move stuff to PTS from Live until you have the resources to fix it quickly?

Will you give us all pro-rated refunds for the time you made us beta test your broken product with our real money and time, non-voluntarily? You made me pre-pay for an expansion, promising a working product. I gave you my time freely to test the product and told you what was wrong. You still pushed the product as is and charged me full price for it. You refuse to fix it even weeks after it's been Live. What gives?

Are we at a spot now where we should start asking for expansion refunds? I have no problem paying for it again once it works and you want to sell me a finished product -- however, I am not here to pay you money to beta test your crap week after week. Get your **** together, you're running out of time.

Terminally disgruntled,

Fid
Sominette . Saminette
Wrath of Xedrix

Ottoattack
04.30.2013 , 04:39 PM | #2
I am with you. PvP right now is not what it used to be. The bolster at level 55 was a solution to boost weak PvP gear up, while denying them the ability to do most of PvE level 55 content. I have no problem PvE gear getting expertise to be competitive in WZs. Stats bolster on the other hand.. An incorrect solution to a problem that BW created in 2.0. If they left everything as it was in 1.7 and introduced expertise to PvE gear make in it slightly below PvP gear life would have been great. Why are PvP players excluded from PvE content and why is PvE gear is top PvP gear we will never know.

Luco-Zade
04.30.2013 , 04:59 PM | #3
Not an effective reward/cost ratio?

DharmaPolice
04.30.2013 , 05:02 PM | #4
Do you have any confidence that a rushed emergency patch would work?
Derimeth / Splendora / Rosaluxemburg - The Red Eclipse

Monterone
04.30.2013 , 06:11 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DharmaPolice View Post
Do you have any confidence that a rushed emergency patch would work?
Well, if they knew how to fix it, yes. All these delays are telling us is that they either don't care or they don't know what they're doing. If there is a third scenario, I'd love to hear it from them.
Sominette . Saminette
Wrath of Xedrix

Raansu
04.30.2013 , 09:31 PM | #6
They don't do it because they don't consider swtor to be a pvp game. It's a side game that they don't care about nor do they take seriously. Why else would bubble stun be in the game for months?