Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question of the Day 4/30/2013

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthVengeant
04.30.2013 , 01:38 PM | #11
I play alone 50% of the time. I raid and do ops, FP's, etc with my guild the other 50%. I can't stand puging anything because it is usually rude, egotistical or utterly incompetent people.

PS: I would like an update to further the relationships with my companions. What exactly was the point in getting married if you don't do anything? No home to live in together, nothing. No furthering of anything with companions once they are maxed. We need more. Maybe something like the Binocular or Seeker droid quests, but for each companion.

Exly
04.30.2013 , 01:43 PM | #12
After trying the group thing, I have decided that I much prefer solo play for PVE and solo queue for PVP.

All that I want to do is play the game, and to do so at my own pace without having to worry about all of the junk that happens in groups when people don't get along.

At least in PVP I can contribute to the group without all of the name calling, ninja looting, space bar pressing, and need vs. greed drama that is ever present in group PVE.

Of course that means that I miss out on a lot of what the game has to offer like HK-51, top notch gear, and epic boss fights, but I am willing to give those things up in order to avoid the negative aspects of group play.

belhawk
04.30.2013 , 01:44 PM | #13
i usually solo myself, unless i have trouble beating a storyline boss.
cpu: intel i7 3820 w/8 gigs ram monitor: Dell 24" U 2711
gpu: 2x eVGA gtx 680 w/331.65 o/s: Win 7 64 bit
audio: X-FI Fatal1ty Recon3D case: CM Storm

Warrgames
04.30.2013 , 02:10 PM | #14
Solo till server transfer. People I enjoy playing with are on a different server.

Rankyn
04.30.2013 , 02:40 PM | #15
Unless I'm playing with someone I know, I prefer to play solo.
I like to go at my own pace and not be held up or rushed by other people.

dipstik
04.30.2013 , 02:59 PM | #16
i have waited 1+ hours in orbital stations trying to find someone to start a planet with. i dont like going solo. when you finally find someone and clear the whole planet in a few hours, its awesome, and you make a good friends that way.

iamthehoyden
04.30.2013 , 03:21 PM | #17
I prefer groups. Ops are awesome. Fps are fun, especially if it's an easy-going pug group or a group of friends. Leveling with friends who put up with my astounding abilities to get lost and fall off things is really enjoyable. Pvp is much more fun if you're running with a group of friends. That said, if no one's around I'll roll solo and take my time with the content, enjoy the scenery and cut scenes and take entirely too many screenshots
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

SentinelDranoel
04.30.2013 , 03:22 PM | #18
Solo warrior who will multiplay. I get invited to guilds here and there but never really play with them. Unless they are real life friends or acquaintances; I tend to think it is kind of pointless to even bother.

At the same time, I am not actually anti-social in MMOs. I jump into general chat, run flashpoints and operations from time to time.

When my fiance plays I co-op with her but she has been busy this year with RL.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix

SentinelDranoel
04.30.2013 , 03:24 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Exly View Post
After trying the group thing, I have decided that I much prefer solo play for PVE and solo queue for PVP.

All that I want to do is play the game, and to do so at my own pace without having to worry about all of the junk that happens in groups when people don't get along.

At least in PVP I can contribute to the group without all of the name calling, ninja looting, space bar pressing, and need vs. greed drama that is ever present in group PVE.

Of course that means that I miss out on a lot of what the game has to offer like HK-51, top notch gear, and epic boss fights, but I am willing to give those things up in order to avoid the negative aspects of group play.
Dude I have no problem helping someone run Hk, have done it multiple times. I like story and spectating is a good way to see it more than once. You just have to run into more players with my frame of mind. I know it is hard though.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix

JLazarillo
04.30.2013 , 03:55 PM | #20
Mostly solo. Leveling, team missions are a pain and ruin my pace. At 50+, I've come to enjoy Hard Mode Flashpoints to a degree, though since I prefer to play DPS, I still spend longer soloing on average, waiting for the group finder to pop up.