Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ridiculous healing for level 55 flashpoints

Astarica
05.01.2013 , 03:15 AM | #51
The bonus boss on Cadamimu sometimes stuns a guy when he does his Force Storm. I've never had it happened to me but I saw people die horribly to it before. If it happens I guess you need to use some CD to escape.

Even without exploiting, the following classes can trivially escape from the AE every time:

Sith Inquisitor - Force Speed
Bounty Hunter - Hydraluic Overrides

The other 4 advanced classes have to be a bit more creative to escape on time. You basically need something that buffs your speed ready every 30 seconds.

Force Shroud stops Force Storm so you can even melee through it as the tank.

Atramar
05.01.2013 , 03:24 AM | #52
Nah, it's fine. Healers got lazy. on my operative healer, L50 hms I could run whole fp just by HoTs, kolto probe on tank, my self, and some times dps. eventually kolto cloud if some people forgot to move away from aoe.

if you were running progresion OPS, 55 hms are easy. fast reaction time required, no time for naps..
ofcourse it all can go to hell if you are not on the top of energy and 2 dps decides that you had to easy time and they will not move from aoe... but it's just mechanics. can leave one dps dead to make an example. enrage timers are long any way.

as for athiss last boss, I find that cleansing is better then healing thro.
heal thro = 15-16k hp = 2-3 heals (depends on crit)
cleanse = one clense one heal (or even one probe if I did it quick enouth)
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

MorgothPl
05.01.2013 , 03:27 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthFamine View Post
that dot in hammer station does tick a little fast, cleanse it at 5 stacks on your tank, by the time it gets back to 5 your cleanse is almost off cooldown.

would be nice if it ticked up the stacks a but slower. Been a couple of times where I had to get another group member to cleanse the second stack because it came too fast.
Especially when the bomb droids show up. It's running away from them, while healing and cleansing.

Atramar
05.01.2013 , 03:33 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothPl View Post
Especially when the bomb droids show up. It's running away from them, while healing and cleansing.
unless people are stupid and stand in red circles, there is not much healing to do there, and all clenses can be done on the run with 6 sec cd.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Thundergulch
05.01.2013 , 11:06 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
I don't remember the dot from the final boss in Athiss ever did any significant damage. Are you sure it's not because the tank is standing in the purple circle of doom?
He puts a very nasty dot on a random person that does a ton of damage per tick. You won't be able to survive for long, so it needs to be purged asap.

Fiamma_Verde
05.01.2013 , 03:32 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
He puts a very nasty dot on a random person that does a ton of damage per tick. You won't be able to survive for long, so it needs to be purged asap.
I don't remember that dot being cleanseable, but that might be a difference with scoundrels and sages. ^^ Normally I just watch the health bars, and precast when I see someone with the debuff. If I'm being dumb or distracted, or if someone is takin unnecessary damage during that time, it can be a surprising pain to recover from.

Thundergulch
05.01.2013 , 03:34 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Fiamma_Verde View Post
I don't remember that dot being cleanseable, but that might be a difference with scoundrels and sages. ^^ Normally I just watch the health bars, and precast when I see someone with the debuff. If I'm being dumb or distracted, or if someone is takin unnecessary damage during that time, it can be a surprising pain to recover from.
Yeah, it's easily purged, I can't remember the name of it though. I think it's Afflicition?

Fiamma_Verde
05.01.2013 , 04:05 PM | #58
Yeah that should be the one, but I've never been able to cleanse it. Not that that's a big deal. xD

Khevar
05.01.2013 , 04:45 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Fiamma_Verde View Post
Yeah that should be the one, but I've never been able to cleanse it. Not that that's a big deal. xD
http://dulfy.net/2013/04/09/swtor-ha...shpoint-guide/

It's called "Crushing Affliction" and can be cleansed for sure on my Sage healer.

Astarica
05.01.2013 , 06:43 PM | #60
I think his DPS output is pretty low anyway that you can still brute force heal through the dot easily, though it certainly doesn't hurt to cleanse it. It's certainly not like the droid laser that cannot possibly be healed through if you don't cleanse it.