Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Silence of the devs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Silence of the devs
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tarkoss
04.30.2013 , 12:35 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by sanchito View Post
i do believe the corporate strategy is lay low and hope it goes away
Problem is it's the customers that are going away not the issue.

I regret spending $10 on the expansion now, the game is worse now than before, I want my $10 back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsxJfcFVnpo

L-RANDLE
04.30.2013 , 01:19 PM | #22
The lambs are still "screaming". I should just self-slaughter my account and save the time so they can work on PvE and the Cartel market..

"What became of your account, Clarice?"
"They sold it to Emeritus of Avarice..."

PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

WarGame
04.30.2013 , 03:43 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by sanchito View Post
i do believe the corporate strategy is lay low and hope it goes away

There is your answer, along with the cartel market things. They can sure pump out cartel items regularly

islander
05.01.2013 , 06:40 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarkoss View Post
Problem is it's the customers that are going away not the issue.

I regret spending $10 on the expansion now, the game is worse now than before, I want my $10 back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsxJfcFVnpo
Thing is, the game's not actually worse if they simply went back to the old system, and updated the recruit gear to something worthwhile (partisan stats, but 1400 expertise for the set versus 2018).

It's such a simple, simple fix. They were using it before.

Remove bolster from level 55, and all these problems go away. If I'm Hickman, I'm asking someone why the hell we did this. Re-creating the wheel and doing it poorly.

If they REALLY wanted to make pvpers happy with this expansion, instead of p***ing away all the resources on this terrible bolster, they should have created a new huttball map. The only good thing they did for us this expansion was splitting up 10-49 into (now) 10-29 and 30-54.

They actually did a pretty god job with PvP balance on the whole this patch. Sure a couple class specs need work but I mean, on the whole...it's solid. I see more and more balanced DPS numbers in warzones, and I see more classes doing them. Healing's a bit over the top, but not massively.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

islander
05.01.2013 , 06:45 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by WarGame View Post
There is your answer, along with the cartel market things. They can sure pump out cartel items regularly
to be fair, creating these things are stupid easy. When this was sub only, they were clearly holding out on us because they were deep down expecting to HAVE to go the F2P route down the line. Probably the point where we had 80 dead servers and they had no ability to move us for months? Yeah, that was when F2P plan was being implemented

Joesixxpack
05.01.2013 , 08:37 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Ahahaha!

"IT PUTS THE GOLD TEXT IN THE FORUM OR IT GETS THE HOSE AGAIN!"

:: Tuck/dance::

Goodbye horseessssssss....
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

KeeperOfSajuuk
05.01.2013 , 09:23 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post
Ahahaha!

"IT PUTS THE GOLD TEXT IN THE FORUM OR IT GETS THE HOSE AGAIN!"

:: Tuck/dance::

Goodbye horseessssssss....
"Would you **** me? I'd **** me so hard."

"Wait, was she a great, big fat pershon?"

That guy's voice is hilarious.
"...what an incomprehensible machine is man! Who can endure toil, famine, stripes, imprisonment & death itself in vindication of his own liberty, and the next moment ... inflict on his fellow men a bondage, one hour of which is fraught with more misery than ages of that which he rose in rebellion to oppose." -Thomas Jefferson

EricMusco
05.01.2013 , 09:45 AM | #28 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Unfortunately the silence was due to that I have little update from what was said previously, however I can at least tell you where things stand as of right now.

It is our goal that we will get a fix for the Bolster issue into our next patch. However, this is not a guarantee as we are still working through a fix. We know how important it is to get this issue resolved and we want to make sure we do it right!

As soon as I have any updates on this (like timing, etc) I will let you know.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Twin
05.01.2013 , 09:45 AM | #29
At this point it's not enough to come forth and have a solution to the current buggy system - they need to explain what's in store for pvp this year, and then freakin live it up.
SKARECROW
The Crestfallen Legacy
Assassin | Sorcerer | Marauder | Sniper | Mercenary
"You should never trust quotes you read on the internet" – Abraham Lincoln

islander
05.01.2013 , 09:46 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Unfortunately the silence was due to that I have little update from what was said previously, however I can at least tell you where things stand as of right now.

It is our goal that we will get a fix for the Bolster issue into our next patch. However, this is not a guarantee as we are still working through a fix. We know how important it is to get this issue resolved and we want to make sure we do it right!

As soon as I have any updates on this (like timing, etc) I will let you know.

-eric
Eric,

Thanks for the response. We all understand you aren't the decision maker here.

Seriously though, who's bright idea was it to have bolster apply to level 55 pvp though? Because very few PvPers actually like it. It just added un-necessary complication to the entire system. For what?

The gear gripe issue is a non-starter for PvEers. You understand why, of course:

a) make PvE powerful and anger career PvPers
b) make PvE adequate, still fairly inferior to said career PvPers - in which case a simple modification of the existing recruit gear does the trick.

Think of all the time blown on the numerous, I mean numerous bugs with this implementation. What project manager in his right mind would actually choose this over actual PvP content?

It blows my mind.