Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Silence of the devs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Silence of the devs
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Morpurgo
04.30.2013 , 10:54 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by sanchito View Post
i do believe the corporate strategy is lay low and hope it goes away
It's their prime directive.
Cake is a lie, there is only pie. Through pie, I gain calories.
Through calories, I gain bodyfat. Through bodyfat, I gain weight.
Through weight, my social life is broken.
The Thighmaster shall free me.

Avicii
04.30.2013 , 11:41 AM | #12
Yes communications would alleviate tons of the angst among the player base, minus the constant ************ on the forums. If they just let us know what is going on, an estimated ETA (I know that hard as any sign of a date and if it isn't met people will bash the dev staff personally and the company in general so I don't blame them here), what the realistic goal is and the PvE gear should never be BiS in PvP.

I find it hard to believe the goal is a mix of PvE and PvP gear being the best for WZs. That is a death sentence for some PvP subs, I would think as most PvPers dont want to PvE so they can PvP at the highest level. Top level PvE gear should be at least 10% below the lowest level of PvP gear at the time with it bolstered and no combination of PvE & PvP gear should provide better stats. I realize the latter part of that statement may take some fine tuning but it would be nice to hear if that is indeed the goal.

Also a statement on the Aug crap, people are starting to exploit it more and more because as one of them told me "they cannot compete with the Pubs without it".

All and all they can alleviate some of this pain with simple communication however we the communicate have to be open to it and not crucify them if they dont meet a timeline or cant complete exactly what they commented on. Which I know is likely to never happen since they forums are like a bunch of catty *****es bashing each other or the company or the game.

Here's hoping for some information and a fast resolution to this crap situation.

L-RANDLE
04.30.2013 , 11:49 AM | #13
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

islander
04.30.2013 , 11:55 AM | #14
What, their customers? Well it IS EA after all...
Gìllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Pistols
04.30.2013 , 11:59 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Haha post of the day award, sir.

Marisblood
04.30.2013 , 12:06 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
We have not heard from the devs. since the last update last 4/24/13 regarding the bolster and its issues. Are there any plans to fix/improve the bolster? Or we are pretty much stuck with this buggy system? Will we have to wait for 2.1 or that's a cartel market update..

Please respond so we at least know which direction the game is heading, so if we are stuck with the broken bolster, at least we can adjust accordingly and figure out which gear works best (obliviously it is not PvP gear currently), so we can have some sort of competitive play.
Wait for Teso then move on. This game will die day by day more and more. Our love for SWTOR universe can't fill up the empty space DEVS make having no idea about it.

L-RANDLE
04.30.2013 , 12:06 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
Haha post of the day award, sir.

/bow

PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

teclado
04.30.2013 , 12:07 PM | #18
I want to know what the plan is, too. I have intentionally avoided hitting 55 with my characters because there is so much unknown right now. I'm starting to wish I didn't purchase RotHC....

Speaking of which, is it possible to undo the expansion? Yes, take my characters back to 50 so that I can continue in sub-55 pvp bliss. From what I've heard of 55 pvp, it doesn't sound like as fun of an experience as sub-55 right now. Actually, I like the new character abilities acquired at 51, so maybe can I just opt-out of ever hitting 55? That would be swell. I suppose I could just quit warzones right before the end. That way I won't get XP and I won't feel like a jerk to my teammates for leaving.
Teclado Sage | Téclado Sorc | Katolo Sent | Malovo Mara
The Harbinger <S-Key to Victory>

TUXs
04.30.2013 , 12:15 PM | #19
No kidding. You'd think they'd have SOME sense of urgency with this...instead, they ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist. If this were an easy path to XP, you bet they'd have it fixed THAT day.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

Technohic
04.30.2013 , 12:21 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
I was thinking of this exact part of the movie:

Quote:
Hannibal Lecter: [shouts] No!

[normal voice]

Hannibal Lecter: I will listen now. After your father's murder, you were orphaned. You were ten years old. You went to live with cousins on a sheep and horse ranch in Montana. And...?

Clarice Starling: [tears begin forming in her eyes] And one morning, I just ran away.

Hannibal Lecter:
No "just", Clarice. What set you off? You started at what time?
Clarice Starling: Early, still dark.

Hannibal Lecter: Then something woke you, didn't it? Was it a dream? What was it?

Clarice Starling: I heard a strange noise.

Hannibal Lecter: What was it?

Clarice Starling: It was... screaming. Some kind of screaming, like a child's voice.

Hannibal Lecter: What did you do?

Clarice Starling: I went downstairs, outside. I crept up into the barn. I was so scared to look inside, but I had to.

Hannibal Lecter: And what did you see, Clarice? What did you see?

Clarice Starling: Lambs. The lambs were screaming.

Hannibal Lecter: They were slaughtering the spring lambs?

Clarice Starling: And they were screaming.

Hannibal Lecter: And you ran away?

Clarice Starling: No. First I tried to free them. I... I opened the gate to their pen, but they wouldn't run. They just stood there, confused. They wouldn't run.

Hannibal Lecter: But you could and you did, didn't you?

Clarice Starling: Yes. I took one lamb, and I ran away as fast as I could.

Hannibal Lecter: Where were you going, Clarice?

Clarice Starling: I don't know. I didn't have any food, any water and it was very cold, very cold. I thought, I thought if I could save just one, but... he was so heavy. So heavy. I didn't get more than a few miles when the sheriff's car picked me up. The rancher was so angry he sent me to live at the Lutheran orphanage in Bozeman. I never saw the ranch again.

Hannibal Lecter: What became of your lamb, Clarice?

Clarice Starling: They killed him.
Replace "lamb" with PvPer and it kind of works.
Quote: Originally Posted by proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him.