Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Silence of the devs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Silence of the devs
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

oldaquarian
05.10.2013 , 01:10 AM | #102
Why not just avoid the whole issue?
When you enter PvP you are put into your PvP gear - this is the same gear for everyone of your class - and it scales with level - instead of using bolster. just control the gear.
If you get comms/ranked comms - you can buy different levels of augments to up your gear
(okay the would need a new char tab for pvp to show/allow augments)
That gives the devs the full control over how fully geared compares to ungeared and can balance instagib vs no reward

Ottoattack
05.14.2013 , 10:26 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Unfortunately the silence was due to that I have little update from what was said previously, however I can at least tell you where things stand as of right now.

It is our goal that we will get a fix for the Bolster issue into our next patch. However, this is not a guarantee as we are still working through a fix. We know how important it is to get this issue resolved and we want to make sure we do it right!

As soon as I have any updates on this (like timing, etc) I will let you know.

-eric
Patch notes 2.1:
PvP

Warzones
General
Augments are no longer taken into account when calculating bolster.
Voidstar
Players will no longer be able to use movement speed increasing abilities to get over the shield wall in the Cargo (final) room.

That's it? So after removing the augment exploit the system is working perfectly? At least know I know which direction the game is heading. Unfortunately it is not a direction I am willing to take.

cashogy_reborn
05.14.2013 , 10:41 AM | #104
cmon folks. quit your b*tchin.

you all whined that the gear gap was too great and the "hardcore" pvpers were getting gear to fast and making it impossible for casuals/new players to compete. while this was false, bioware listened to the complaint and took action.

now we have a new form of bolster which, for all intents and purposes, removes the gear gap. and we've got people whining now that there is *not enough* of a gear gap? ffs.......

while the bugs have sucked, the true function of bolster is working exactly as we were told it would: players will be bolstered to a level slightly below tier 1 pvp gear even if they are wearing no PvP gear at all.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

stephenalandavie
05.14.2013 , 11:01 AM | #105
Are augments worth it in warzones now? when i tried removing them my stats didn't change whatsoever not even the amount of the augment.

Kegparty
05.14.2013 , 11:28 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
Are augments worth it in warzones now? when i tried removing them my stats didn't change whatsoever not even the amount of the augment.
Sounds like you have your answer

Iriquois
05.14.2013 , 11:35 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post

you all whined that the gear gap was too great and the "hardcore" pvpers were getting gear to fast and making it impossible for casuals/new players to compete. while this was false, bioware listened to the complaint and took action.

now we have a new form of bolster which, for all intents and purposes, removes the gear gap. and we've got people whining now that there is *not enough* of a gear gap? ffs.......

while the bugs have sucked, the true function of bolster is working exactly as we were told it would: players will be bolstered to a level slightly below tier 1 pvp gear even if they are wearing no PvP gear at all.
QFE sir.
Iriquois Pliskin

Kegparty
05.14.2013 , 11:51 AM | #108

wow.. just wow... it took 2 weeks to get bm and the gap from ewh was small. Only derps didn't wear recruit for those two weeks. Now we have no carrot or feeling of progress. They add bolster so you can all get different *imaginary* communist stats.

Hidden nerfs is what its called and not a true MMO is what it is. - pvp yoda

cashogy_reborn
05.14.2013 , 11:55 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Kegparty View Post
wow.. just wow... it took 2 weeks to get bm and the gap from ewh was small. Only derps didn't wear recruit for those two weeks. Now we have no carrot or feeling of progress. They add bolster so you can all get different *imaginary* communist stats.

Hidden nerfs is what its called and not a true MMO is what it is. - pvp yoda
there is no PvP progression?

pretty sure that if you dont want to get your butt smashed in regularly, you are going to want a full set of PvP gear. its very easy to tell who doesnt have PvP gear; i hit them for 11k
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Kegparty
05.14.2013 , 12:11 PM | #110
there is no PvP progression?

pretty sure that if you dont want to get your butt smashed in regularly, you are going to want a full set of PvP gear. its very easy to tell who doesnt have PvP gear; i hit them for 11k
Yah the ... well bright people wearing some expertise still. Look the gap is so minor from PVE to PVP. No real incentive in my opinion to grind pvp gear.

Basically my main point is the bolster system is a hidden way to nerf classes. We have no idea what the hell is going on with stats to the point people are entering WZ and sitting on the side switching gear.