Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

physical security key

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

darrenwn
04.30.2013 , 09:25 AM | #1
mmm so here http://www.swtor.com/buy#optional-game-add-ons the security key is advertised as being for sale at 2.99,so i think ill buy 1,hell its worth it for the extra cartel coins every month but when i got to the origin store https://store.origin.com/store?Actio...oppingCartPage
it turns out to be selling for 10.99? so im wondering is there anywhere else i could purchase one from?

DarthTHC
04.30.2013 , 10:07 AM | #2
You can only get them from the publisher. Anyone else's wouldn't work.

If you have a smart phone you can download one for free.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Aries_cz
04.30.2013 , 10:45 AM | #3
I guess someone managed to break origin again, I cannot get the Security Key to show up, so I cannot say what the problem might be. Isn't it the postage?
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

darrenwn
04.30.2013 , 10:58 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
I guess someone managed to break origin again, I cannot get the Security Key to show up, so I cannot say what the problem might be. Isn't it the postage?
nah,it says shipping and handling is free on the order submit form

darrenwn
04.30.2013 , 11:05 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
You can only get them from the publisher. Anyone else's wouldn't work.

If you have a smart phone you can download one for free.
looks like i will do that,would of prefered a physical one,but beggers cant be choosers i guess :/

Phillip_BW
04.30.2013 , 11:19 AM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  

I hadn't given an update that the Physical Security Key is available again in the EU Origin Store just yet as we are still working with our partners in Europe on the pricing due to the mismatch which is causing confusion. As soon as we sort out what the pricing is, I'm sure we will post an update.

Phillip Holmes
SWTOR Head of Security

Ozryck
04.30.2013 , 01:28 PM | #7
Do you get the bonus CC coins if you use the phone app, or only if you purchase the USB key?

Aries_cz
04.30.2013 , 03:18 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ozryck View Post
Do you get the bonus CC coins if you use the phone app, or only if you purchase the USB key?
You should get it in both cases. But only one security key can be active, so no getting double CCs for keychain fob and android app
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

grrusa
05.28.2013 , 06:20 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Phillip_BW View Post

I hadn't given an update that the Physical Security Key is available again in the EU Origin Store just yet as we are still working with our partners in Europe on the pricing due to the mismatch which is causing confusion. As soon as we sort out what the pricing is, I'm sure we will post an update.
Is it really taking so long just to decide the price? I would certainly prefer the security key to be available for the higher price then not to be available at all. Any player who is spending repeatedly larger sums than that on cartel coins wont probably mind that much several GBP extra for one time payment for the security key...

ThorAebastnis
06.07.2013 , 07:49 AM | #10
bump....

This site is advertising the security key for 4.33 Euros now and it still is not available on Origin.

So please take the offer to buy the physical security off the website or make it truly available. Everything you (SWTOR team) is doing now is advertising something that is not available and giving false promises.

Please give us a heads up about the development and at what time we can expect the Security Key to be available.

Greetings
Thor