Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Eric Musco please enlight me

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Eric Musco please enlight me
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kilora
04.30.2013 , 06:42 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AlaricSevGirl View Post
While the OP is mentioning Cathar, that's not the only thing he is saying. He is also mentioning customizations and what is basic to games like GW2, the armoring dyes, are going to be a pay service in SWTOR. So indeed, EA/BW is definitely setting a precedent. In GW2, you can color your armor for free. You buy a customization kit for changing your appearance in the market but then you can change anything you want for the one time fee. That is not what EA/BW is doing.
What BW is doing is closer than you think.

Discussing Dyes? They'll be tradaeble. Plop em on the GTN.
They'll be craftable.
CE vendor and Security Key Vendor will be getting unique colors -- and I almost guarantee you'll purchase those with credits.

I really fail to see the difference between this and ANY of the armor that exists in the CM. If you want Revans Mask and the Eradicaters Robe (or whatever it's called) -- either use RL$ and hope to get lucky, or hit up the GTN. Dyes will obviously be the same.

Cathar I have no complaint about -- if you don't want them enough to wait a month and use your stipend, buy the unlock off the GTN. I'd be shocked if they didn't allow that, as they allow it for every species unlock right now. And, if you hate cathar all together -- you don't have to pay anything!

I can agree that barbershop features, such as makeup or hair color or hair style, should be CC *OR* in-game credits for subscribers. Those changes are too simple to really expect someone to use CC.

Warrgames
04.30.2013 , 06:45 AM | #12
I love you lemmings.

You all say same thing. You guys most get a lot bigger monthly allotment then the rest of us to afford everything that its supposedly suppose to cover. Just keep blindly defending them.

Kilora
04.30.2013 , 06:48 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Warrgames View Post
I love you lemmings.

You all say same thing. You guys most get a lot bigger monthly allotment then the rest of us to afford everything that its supposedly suppose to cover. Just keep blindly defending them.
Please, keep blindly hating.

PLEASE tell me what this allotment is supposed to cover? What can you NOT access in this game that actually makes a damn difference?

Nothing.

MajikMyst
04.30.2013 , 06:52 AM | #14
While the OP is mentioning Cathar, that's not the only thing he is saying. He is also mentioning customizations and what is basic to games like GW2, the armoring dyes, are going to be a pay service in SWTOR. So indeed, EA/BW is definitely setting a precedent. In GW2, you can color your armor for free. You buy a customization kit for changing your appearance in the market but then you can change anything you want for the one time fee. That is not what EA/BW is doing.
Here..

http://dulfy.net/2013/04/26/swtor-ar...kiosk-details/

Quote:
Appearance Designer Kiosk
Allow you to change your hairstyle, your haircolor, eyecolor, species, scars, tattoos
Introduced a few new hairstyles and hair colors for certain species
Plans to continue introduce options in the appearance designer in the future months at a regular cadence.
Roleplay players can enjoy the ability to customize their character’s appearance as their character level up (i.e. adding battle scars after a big battle).
Cartel coins only but there is a permanent discount on all appearance designer kiosk options for subscribers – up to 50% on a lot of options such as species change.
If you want to change your character to a Cathar example, there is just a one time fee associated with all the Cathar options.
Charging on a per slider basis – if you just want to change your eye color for example, you can just jump in, change it right away and just get charged for that.
For species changes, you can preview any species, play around with it, and then decide to unlock that species (if you don’t already have it) directly from the kiosk for credits or cartel coins.
Kiosks are placed in fleet and in capital worlds for now.
Accessing the Kiosk will be similar to character creation – it will load up a full portrait view of your character and you can zoom in and out as needed.
You can change pretty much anything you can change in character creation – scars, tattoos, species, etc.
I found it interesting..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

Alavastre
04.30.2013 , 07:07 AM | #15
Do you know for sure that the armor system will be a CM item? Seems like there will be armor unlocks, so the dye will fit into your gear just like mods. I don't think it will be a totally CM thing. There may be some custom dyes that are on the CM, but they are putting special ones for the Special Addition vendor, so to me, all signs point to the opposite at least as armor customization goes.

If you have other info, please share. That would be a bit annoying even to me
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

MajikMyst
04.30.2013 , 07:14 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Alavastre View Post
Do you know for sure that the armor system will be a CM item? Seems like there will be armor unlocks, so the dye will fit into your gear just like mods. I don't think it will be a totally CM thing. There may be some custom dyes that are on the CM, but they are putting special ones for the Special Addition vendor, so to me, all signs point to the opposite at least as armor customization goes.

If you have other info, please share. That would be a bit annoying even to me
http://dulfy.net/2013/04/26/swtor-ar...kiosk-details/

Quote:
Dye Modules
Give you the ability to either dye entire armor sets or mix-match specific pieces of armor.
Two portions of your gear are dyeable: primary color and secondary color (i.e. for Havoc squad armor, white would be primary color and orange would be the secondary color).
Dye modules come in primary only, secondary only, and primary & secondary mixed.
Dye modules are consumables so you can insert them to change colors but gets destroyed once you pull them out.
You will see them in the cartel market for direct purchase, in future packs (i.e. contraband packs and beyond), a certain amount of colors are available through crafting (no details on the crew skills involved but you can RE them), and some unique colors from the security key and Collector’s Edition vendors. Expect more colors to be added in the coming months.
Dye modules work off the current item enhancement/modding system. You will just open up the item modification panel for any gear you want to dye, drop a dye module in the new dye module slot, and hit accept to have it dyed.
Many pieces of equipment will be able to be dyed and you can preview a dye module on that specific piece of equipment before hitting accept.
Unified to chest also works – you can just dye your chest piece and have the color applied to rest of your outfit.
Some items are not dyeable – anything below L15, anything green (unless it comes from crafting), are generally not dyeable.
Lore outfits like armor of Jolee Bindo are not dyeable.
This is from Dulfy on the issue of dyes..

Arlbo_Nabbins
04.30.2013 , 07:36 AM | #17
I love you lemmings.

I spend my CC on useful things like cargo hold unlocks and character slots. I don't waste it on random tat. The current info is that subscribers will get a 50% discount at the customisation booth so its not even going to use up much of my CC to make the changes I might want.

AlaricSevGirl
04.30.2013 , 07:38 AM | #18
Charging on a per slider basis – if you just want to change your eye color for example, you can just jump in, change it right away and just get charged for that.

There you have it. In other games, it is a one time fee to change your look and for GW2, it wasn't expensive. Sounds like EA/BW are charging for every little change.
GSS Legacy, Jedi Covenant

Warrgames
04.30.2013 , 07:58 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlbo_Nabbins View Post
I spend my CC on useful things like cargo hold unlocks and character slots. I don't waste it on random tat. The current info is that subscribers will get a 50% discount at the customisation booth so its not even going to use up much of my CC to make the changes I might want.
So share the link for prices or are you just blindly defending? Would you be OK paying 250 CC to change your eye color? If normal price was 500 CC. It most be OK since its a 50% disciunt.

MajikMyst
04.30.2013 , 08:03 AM | #20
So share the link for prices or are you just blindly defending? Would you be OK paying 250 CC to change your eye color? If normal price was 500 CC. It most be OK since its a 50% disciunt.
Do you really want to debate speculation?? Seriously.. There is no point to that.. Is there??