Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Eric Musco please enlight me

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Eric Musco please enlight me
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs
04.30.2013 , 03:22 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Suggestion to OP: sit down, carefully read and reread this paragraph until it sinks in.

It invalidates the entire premise of your original post. No surprise there though.
I suggest you read the post above yours.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Andryah
04.30.2013 , 03:25 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
The 600 cartel coins that you mention I already get now and can spend them on packs or other features already. This means that I have more things to choose from and again can afford a smaller portion of the features.

My issue is therefore simply not that things are being taken away but that the comparative value of the sub compared to the whole of the game wil become smaller again. That is what concerns me.
Yes they are giving you more possible things you can buy with your cartel coins over time. HOWEVER, the choice on what to spend your coins on rests entirely with you. None of the content is required to play the game as a subscriber and they are not forcing you to purchase anything from the CM as a subscriber.

They are giving you freedom to choose. That is a good thing IMO. And remember... most of the CM content (including account unlocks) ends up on the GTN... so there is no need to even spend your own CCs on them if you do not wish to. In my play experience with several MMOs now that have a shop in them.. this one is superior in every way.
MMOs mimic real life in some ways. Take challenges for example.... you can either use intellect and overcome a challenge or not. In other words, you can make lemonade from lemons, or you can just suck on the lemon. Up to you.

Andryah
04.30.2013 , 03:27 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I did. I even responded to it.

Moreover.. the post above mine was constructive and not filled with "OMG they'll make be buy WZ access next!!" nonsense. Please do back and read the original post in the thread.
MMOs mimic real life in some ways. Take challenges for example.... you can either use intellect and overcome a challenge or not. In other words, you can make lemonade from lemons, or you can just suck on the lemon. Up to you.

ikinai
04.30.2013 , 03:28 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I suggest everyone just calm down, relax, head to Colorado or Washington or Amsterdam, enjoy a little somethin somethin then go home and relax to a fun evening of destruction. Or saving kitties if you're a jedi.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School
Is this referral mic on? It's free stuff and stuff, in game.

Tsillah
04.30.2013 , 03:29 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Yes they are giving you more possible things you can buy with your cartel coins over time. HOWEVER, the choice on what to spend your coins on rests entirely with you. None of the content is required to play the game as a subscriber and they are not forcing you to purchase anything from the CM as a subscriber.

They are giving you freedom to choose. That is a good thing IMO. And remember... most of the CM content (including account unlocks) ends up on the GTN... so there is no need to even spend your own CCs on them if you do not wish to.
More choice is good but it does mean that if I want to pick the original choices I make + the new ones I have to spend more money or take something away that I did before. It still means that the sub itself buys me less when compared to the total package of the game. Not everybody may see this as an issue but the whole point for a lot of players to have a sub is that they don't have to deal with budgetting. This introduces more of that again. There was a time that you paid a sub and that was it. Now cartel packs are just fun additions but a barber shop of sorts is a proper function in game. I find myself less happy to have to worry about what I am spending in game when I already have a sub.
Rule no. 1 of the forum: Never let a fact get in the way of a perfectly uncontrollable emotion.

Tachenko_Yuri
04.30.2013 , 03:30 PM | #106
If people are evaluating suicide over an extra bunch of hair or eye colors, or to impersonate a talking kitty-kat, just buy yourselves some extra coins.

Big deal.

ivanhedgehog
04.30.2013 , 03:31 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
To say that this is "taking something away" would be like arguing that they are some how taking away the ability to play as a Cathar for free. They aren't, it's a new feature that isn't available now that will have a cost, same here.

Bioware has been pretty clear and obvious that anything even remotely cosmetic will almost certainly be pay going forward. They won't change WZ/OP/FP access for subscribers, to say you're overreacting is an understatement.
currently on the swtor web page(direct quote)

"Enjoy access to the full spectrum of character races in the game Create the character that fits your personality best."

after cathar are added subscribers will not get all races. that is what is taken from us. this goes against what the devs said when f2p was announced.

DarkDisturbed
04.30.2013 , 03:31 PM | #108
The problem is, this seems like an awfully "cartel only update" where we're not getting anything major/wanted that doesn't cost cartel coins.

Pietrastor
04.30.2013 , 03:33 PM | #109
What I wonder about is what in this 2.1 update will be free. I mean actual, real free that even pure 100% F2P players can use. So far, everything we knows seems to be gated behind either coins or unlocks. Cathar, Appearance Kiosk, server transfers. I mean, it's just funny as if Bioware forgot the game went F2P model lol

veyl
04.30.2013 , 03:35 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

I know that just the principle that subscribers are being charged for Cathar is causing some of your frustrations, but I hope that I could at least explain a bit about why and to help alleviate any concerns that we would ever take something away from subscribers.

-eric
It's not just the Cathar. Charging people for appearance changes, that are free in every other MMO to subscribers, is another point brushed to the side.

For example: If I make a new character, will the *new* customization options be available to newly created characters? Or are the *new* customizations specifically bound to the Cartel Market. This is where subs have a rightful concern. Character Creation is something that most role players // mmo players take seriously... having to pay for different looks is absurd.

Thank you for the response though (sincerely). I admire the honesty that you have consistently brought to these forums since you came on board. It's something this place absolutely needed.