Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Full expertise is a waste

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Full expertise is a waste

Astarica
04.30.2013 , 11:37 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Does anyone else find it sad that these topics even exist? It should be 100% without question that full PvP gear is the best option for warzones.

The fact that you have always needed some PvE gear to achieve your best stat potential and with the mess of a system bolster has been and now the augment exploit paints a pretty good picture of where PvP ranks in their priorities and understanding of what the players want.
It'd be sad if it's true, but it's not.

The closest you can get is rating 152 gear which is roughly -30 endurance -2 expertise +40 power. Multiply those numbers by 10 to see how this tradeoff is generally a bad idea (imagine if your power proc relic causes you to lose 3000 HP for the duration it's on, suddenly it wouldn't be so awesome).

Atramar
05.01.2013 , 02:15 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Does anyone else find it sad that these topics even exist? It should be 100% without question that full PvP gear is the best option for warzones.

The fact that you have always needed some PvE gear to achieve your best stat potential and with the mess of a system bolster has been and now the augment exploit paints a pretty good picture of where PvP ranks in their priorities and understanding of what the players want.
yes, it's sad that people didn't understand dev post and try to be smarter then avarage bear, adding pve mods (power/crit crystals, pve armorings,pve barrels/hilts) or old pvp gear (wh/ewh relocs) or even better use pve weapon and adding expertiese crystals or enhancment leaving rest pve (so whole weapon is not being bolstered cause of expertiese on it).
and then complain of not having 2018 expertiese, since they gimped them selves.

excluding exploits, it was already stated, that full new pvp set is better in combat. there could be few exceptions, as always people are quite crafty.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Astarica
05.01.2013 , 02:34 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
yes, it's sad that people didn't understand dev post and try to be smarter then avarage bear, adding pve mods (power/crit crystals, pve armorings,pve barrels/hilts) or old pvp gear (wh/ewh relocs) or even better use pve weapon and adding expertiese crystals or enhancment leaving rest pve (so whole weapon is not being bolstered cause of expertiese on it).
and then complain of not having 2018 expertiese, since they gimped them selves.

excluding exploits, it was already stated, that full new pvp set is better in combat. there could be few exceptions, as always people are quite crafty.
The exception is more along the lines of practicality. Just because Conqueror gear is the best, doesn't mean it's feasible for any normal people to get it in 2 weeks or even 2 months. By finding the slots where PvE gear is almost good enough this allows you to put your resources into getting the Conqueror pieces that are clearly superior (any set bonus piece, for example) knowing that your other pieces can be covered by cheaply obtainable PvE gear and function almost as well. But I think this is a good thing. Certainly on a second character I'm not looking forward to grinding out Conqueror again. I suspect you can simply get 4 pieces of Partisan for set bonus, Conqueror Relic, Partisan Relic (for power proc X 2), and that'd be 'good enough'. No you're never as strong as a full Conqueror character, but you should be within 5% of him if not smaller, and that's something I can live with for a non primary character. Of course I still plan on getting that 5% eventually, but it's something I can live with for a while on characters I don't care too much about.

Elboc
05.01.2013 , 10:03 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
The exception is more along the lines of practicality. Just because Conqueror gear is the best, doesn't mean it's feasible for any normal people to get it in 2 weeks or even 2 months. By finding the slots where PvE gear is almost good enough this allows you to put your resources into getting the Conqueror pieces that are clearly superior (any set bonus piece, for example) knowing that your other pieces can be covered by cheaply obtainable PvE gear and function almost as well. But I think this is a good thing. Certainly on a second character I'm not looking forward to grinding out Conqueror again. I suspect you can simply get 4 pieces of Partisan for set bonus, Conqueror Relic, Partisan Relic (for power proc X 2), and that'd be 'good enough'. No you're never as strong as a full Conqueror character, but you should be within 5% of him if not smaller, and that's something I can live with for a non primary character. Of course I still plan on getting that 5% eventually, but it's something I can live with for a while on characters I don't care too much about.
Exactly and IMO this is how it should be. There is still a carrot there to works towards which is why many of us log in everyday, but in the meantime you can be competitive instead of getting pummeled in two seconds.
Jt - Level 55 Mercenary - Rank 75 Valor
"Agent" Smth - Level 50 Sniper - Valor Rank 97
***The Untold Legacy*** The Bastion Server -"Founder"

Kirtastropohe
05.01.2013 , 12:21 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Elboc View Post
Exactly and IMO this is how it should be. There is still a carrot there to works towards which is why many of us log in everyday, but in the meantime you can be competitive instead of getting pummeled in two seconds.
People still are getting pummeled in two seconds, and it's not because they need to LTP. There is NO way to ever eliminate someone having a gear advantage. The only question is who should have it. Seems logical that those who put the time in should have it, but they have instead tried to impliment a system that somehow provides a tiny advantage while provide great help and advantage to those who haven't obtained the end pvp gear.

In trying to minimize a gear divide, they have, in fact, created a worse one, and due to exploits and other issues, it has the potential to really put someone at a significant disadvantage. We all agree this has been done poorly, but looks to me like the devs are going to have to so contort the mechanics/coding of this game to make something work (and realistically, it won't be the best solution..just one that has the fewest side effects). Just admit defeat, put the concept back to the way it was before and put a better set of starter pvp gear out there like the old recruit gear. Make another tier if you have to.