Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unbalanced amount of strength/willpower gear?

RiChess
04.30.2013 , 12:13 AM | #1
I been having a hell of a time trying to gear my op and merc, even in groups with at least 3 BH/Agents it's still 90%+ str/wp with the rare cunning drop. Aim? Forget about it, no matter the group comp. I'm not the only one to notice it too, from SM FPs to HM TFB/SmV guildies and pugs all comment that it's next to impossible to gear if you're not a favored class.

Anyone else really discouraged by this? :/
55- Sniper 55- Mara 55- Sage
55- Merc 55- Juggy
55- Sin 55- PT
55- Op 55- Sorc

zeshakha
04.30.2013 , 12:49 AM | #2
Complete opposite of our group. The majority of our drops are cunning, to the point where our gunslingers no longer need any of it. We're gearing out alts with the random cunning pieces that drop now.

Our vanguard isn't quite as lucky, but we still get a fair amount of aim pieces.
Jung Ma <Night's Radiance>
Hirse- Sage healer | Zeshakha- Vanguard tank
Joleer- Scoundrel healer | Ortamek- Sentinel
Zaia- Shadow tank

RiChess
04.30.2013 , 12:59 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by zeshakha View Post
Complete opposite of our group. The majority of our drops are cunning, to the point where our gunslingers no longer need any of it. We're gearing out alts with the random cunning pieces that drop now.

Our vanguard isn't quite as lucky, but we still get a fair amount of aim pieces.
I wish, just tonight I did 14 man EC and KP with 4 of the group including me being BH, then did 2 55 HMs after with myself and a PT tank. Not a single piece of aim gear. It's gotten to the point of me being asked to shelve my merc so I can progress with the rest of my raid group.
55- Sniper 55- Mara 55- Sage
55- Merc 55- Juggy
55- Sin 55- PT
55- Op 55- Sorc

Tmanarl
04.30.2013 , 07:58 AM | #4
I've noticed a bit of this. Our raid tanks are both Juggs, and for the past 2 weeks only DPS Jugg gear has dropped. My Operative healer has picked up some pieces though, guess it's just a string of bad luck.
The Valar Legacy : Begeren Colony
Cinnagar 65 Sith Sorcerer | Viceptus 67 Sith Sorcerer | Calvaria 65 Sith Assassin | Shiian 65 Sith Juggernaut | Rolorra 65 Sith Marauder
Sevri 65 Bounty Hunter Powertech | Maris 70 Imperial Operative
Leelu 65 Jedi Sage | Mallavik: 65 Jedi Shadow | Brénn: 65 Vanguard Trooper | Corrann: 65 Jedi Sentinal | Lumanni: 65 Smuggler Scoundrel

ATAMIANM
04.30.2013 , 10:49 AM | #5
My experience seems to be that whatever drops is not at all useful for my main characters (assassin and marauder). Tons of cunning drops, rarely see aim, occasional jug drops.

Flying-Brian
04.30.2013 , 01:14 PM | #6
We have seen a lot of willpower gear drop, but it's just BW rng at its best again. On our 1st run through TFB HM after 2.0, it was dps verpine aim gear every drop. The problem with this? There is not a single piece of black market or verpine gear that drops, that has the higher power mod it them and no enhancements with power in them (it's only the vendor version that has the high powe mod in it). It's all crit on the mod and either crit/acc or crit/alac on the enhancements. This makes these drops worthless for a dps commando/merc.

Askesis
04.30.2013 , 11:10 PM | #7
I'm sure it's random, but I've certainly noticed lots of strength and willpower. More specifically, I've noticed a large amount of strength gear (bulwark, specifically) dropping from FPs, and tons of willpower fropping from Ops. Tonight, for example, in a full SV run, every non-token drop except for one was willpower.

DreadzKaiser
04.30.2013 , 11:32 PM | #8
Im my experience, whenever 3 members of a group are the same class, the 4th gets nearly all the gear
Veloren Douchensire Grand Champion of the Great Hunt:
<Fully Armed and Operational>

........Nope, not long enough

demotivator
05.01.2013 , 06:59 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DreadzKaiser View Post
Im my experience, whenever 3 members of a group are the same class, the 4th gets nearly all the gear
You might be onto something, this is what I found out last night on my scoundrel healer with 3 JK, with every drop being Cunning based.
Randomizing your forums.

Atramar
05.01.2013 , 07:10 AM | #10
RNG.... bad luck... on my operative, I *notice* more str tanking gear. on my jugg all I see is cunning... 4 days ago did 3 operations in a row, got one item.

in 1.2 my fresh 50 powertech, 2 hours later (2 runs in a row ev/kp hm) was full rakata from head to toe.

don't worry, very next day after you upgrade gear using elite comms, same piece of gear will drop
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013