Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

BIOWARE, this is why u cant put things in world pvp zones, the carebears cry

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Harbinger
BIOWARE, this is why u cant put things in world pvp zones, the carebears cry

Palerydr's Avatar


Palerydr
05.15.2013 , 03:40 AM | #21
[QUOTE=Jaevyn;6250325]Killed that guy the other night in open world pvp when he was using his seeker droid to search for stuff. The guy is just a hater and a very sore loser.[/QUO

............Everyone, mostly, is missing the point....cross faction PVP should never take place or be allowed in open world areas....when the game was first released people were enjoying open world PVP on Illum, but since the other faction would get rolled you could never get your kills in those areas or for the quest. Soooo....Bioware took a ***** move by allowing same factions to kill each other in those areas...only to shut up the those select players.

Choffware's Avatar


Choffware
05.15.2013 , 08:20 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaevyn View Post
Killed that guy the other night in open world pvp when he was using his seeker droid to search for stuff. The guy is just a hater and a very sore loser.[/QUO

............Everyone, mostly, is missing the point....cross faction PVP should never take place or be allowed in open world areas....when the game was first released people were enjoying open world PVP on Illum, but since the other faction would get rolled you could never get your kills in those areas or for the quest. Soooo....Bioware took a ***** move by allowing same factions to kill each other in those areas...only to shut up the those select players.
If you are red you're dead. Especially on our server where pvp is a choice. There is no need to be in a pvp zone. Don't go there if you don't want to be "killed". Btw you don't die in real life. Same faction pvp happens all the time in WZ... Pvp lakes are just warzones that are not instanced. Even if you cannot get over your "got to have it" mentality there are plenty of opportunities to get in and out of a pvp zone without getting killed and in most cases the game provides alternative ways of getting what you need out side of the pvp areas...
Mantorin 55 Marauder || Choff lvl 55 Merc || Chof lvl 51 Sorc

respwn's Avatar


respwn
05.15.2013 , 10:21 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Palerydr View Post
............Everyone, mostly, is missing the point....same faction PVP should take place or be allowed in open world areas....when the game was first released people were enjoying open world PVP on Illum, but since we lost 90% of our subscriber base there's no one left to pvp. Soooo....Bioware took a same move every other game is doing by allowing same factions to kill each other in those areas...only to give a tiny, tiny tiny area on one planet to those players who want to pvp. Why pve players can't avoid that area is beyond me
Fixed.

I disagree with you Palerydr. Just because you don't agree with how the game was created doesn't mean everyone should be inherently playing by any one person's rules.


I can't stress this enough, Bioware gave PvPers a tiny tiny enclosed area on a remote planet and said "In here...go nuts. We'll even give you achievements for it." Next thing you know you have a bunch of PvEers wandering into this area like "Hey screw those warning signs they posted outside, they don't pertain to me as I am a PVEer and although I am in a PvP zone because I am a PVEer the rules do not apply to me. No one will attack me because they should just know that I do not PvP and I'm sure they will ask permission to attack me before initiating said PvP thus I will be able to specify that I do not PvP and hence they should look elsewhere for a fight "

This is the type of thinking I have seen from players in that zone and in my opinion its just plain wrong. If you disagree please enlighten me not just with your opinion but with how you came to that conclusion.

Thank you.
HAN SHOT FIRST

Palerydr's Avatar


Palerydr
05.17.2013 , 09:30 PM | #24
/cough*......its called a PVP server if you truly feel like doing open world pvp and still for Bioware to get lazy is an issue for anyone who is a Sub. for this game.....just heading down hill from patch 1.4...sad day in the galaxy.

Jiminison's Avatar


Jiminison
05.17.2013 , 09:43 PM | #25
Ganking is good ganking is fun, one shotting is good one shotting is fun. Don't ever apologize for destroying some one that is enemy status. If Anakin can one shot everyone at the Jedi temple you can one shot anyone who is red and runs across you!

dvrocc's Avatar


dvrocc
05.18.2013 , 09:46 AM | #26
Carebears really? this isn't World of Pandacraft bro if you want to show off you're 133t haxxor PVP skills then go to a Warzone or a full out PVP game, plain and simple praying on a lower level player who is trying to find there way around doesn't make you super duper omg I killed you pew pew!

JadeEmpire's Avatar


JadeEmpire
05.18.2013 , 12:26 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by dvrocc View Post
Carebears really? this isn't World of Pandacraft bro if you want to show off you're 133t haxxor PVP skills then go to a Warzone or a full out PVP game, plain and simple praying on a lower level player who is trying to find there way around doesn't make you super duper omg I killed you pew pew!
Yeah because there are a ton of "low levels" roaming around the PVP area of Ilum.

It's a bunch of whiny players who want to do PVP quests without doing PVP for some reason. I don't go into a flashpoint and complain when their are NPCs in there. (story spoiler below)
Spoiler

It's sad that people complain about the 2 PVP quests on Ilum when there are a billion PVE dailies they could be doing instead.
Skiazomi

The Cerulean Legacy

respwn's Avatar


respwn
05.18.2013 , 12:54 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by dvrocc View Post
Carebears really? this isn't World of Pandacraft bro if you want to show off you're 133t haxxor PVP skills then go to a Warzone or a full out PVP game, plain and simple praying on a lower level player who is trying to find there way around doesn't make you super duper omg I killed you pew pew!
I think you replied to the wrong thread, everyone was equal level and I never said i was leet, in fact I said i died several times in the battles waged. I use the term carebear because its someone flagged in a pvp zone refusing to pvp and then crying about it when he gets engaged.

When you flag for pvp it means you want to fight other players, thats the whole point of it. There is no other reason (other than an accident) to flag for pvp. In this case it was not an accident as they knew full well that they were entering a pvp zone.
HAN SHOT FIRST

Choffware's Avatar


Choffware
05.20.2013 , 09:19 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Palerydr View Post
/cough*......its called a PVP server if you truly feel like doing open world pvp and still for Bioware to get lazy is an issue for anyone who is a Sub. for this game.....just heading down hill from patch 1.4...sad day in the galaxy.
Um "cough" it's called a pvp area. That's why you are automatically flagged! This is like walking into a donut shop and complaining that there are donuts in there... It can't be more clear. Those quests are pvp content. Expect to be attacked...
Mantorin 55 Marauder || Choff lvl 55 Merc || Chof lvl 51 Sorc

Jayblazen's Avatar


Jayblazen
05.20.2013 , 12:53 PM | #30
I tell you one thing. This is making a pretty sizable list of people I need to focus when the event comes back.
Jayblazen 55 Powertech | Jayblaze 55 Sorcerer

Edsolo 55 Scoundrel