Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BIOWARE, this is why u cant put things in world pvp zones, the carebears cry

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Harbinger
BIOWARE, this is why u cant put things in world pvp zones, the carebears cry

DesmoLegacy
05.01.2013 , 11:45 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by respwn View Post
If you are in an open pvp zone then u are in a pvp zone, its that simple. if you dont wana fight, dont come here.

http://imageshack.us/a/img96/3044/sc...3042916381.jpg
What is it about this game that attracts the most over-sensitive babies? I don't remember people being this beta when I played WoW...is it the Starwars franchise that attracts the sheltered nerd types? This is why I enjoy League of Legends so much, it's expected that most people you play with are complete ******es. I like it better that way...no worries about someone choking on their own tears.
Ducatii - 50 Marauder | Ducatista - 50 Operative
Dain'ese - 50 Juggernaut | Ducatisti - 50 Sniper
D'ucati - 50 Sentinel | Duc'ati - 50 Sage | Enduro - 50 Vanguard

AngelFluttershy
05.01.2013 , 12:15 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DesmoLegacy View Post
What is it about this game that attracts the most over-sensitive babies? I don't remember people being this beta when I played WoW...is it the Starwars franchise that attracts the sheltered nerd types? This is why I enjoy League of Legends so much, it's expected that most people you play with are complete ******es. I like it better that way...no worries about someone choking on their own tears.
It's not the franchise as I never experienced this in SWG. My idea is that because The Harbinger is a PvE it is expected that PvP, particularly open-world where most people are attempting to quest without being interrupted, isn't serious or should take a backseat to the PvE content. Yes it's silly for people to expect that, but I can't think of any other explanation than they just wanted to whine/take out aggression on somebody.

Darth_Dreselus
05.01.2013 , 03:53 PM | #13
Sniper!
No One Important Died Tavernus - Sorc / Taverna - Mara / Pintus - Op / Gintonica - PT
The Red Eclipse. Sweet Dreams to all my Harbinger children.

GenXCub
05.01.2013 , 03:57 PM | #14
League of Legends is Hello Kitty Island Adventure compared to the sociopaths on DotA 2.
THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES!

MitchPB
05.01.2013 , 05:18 PM | #15
If you are in an open pvp zone then u are in a pvp zone, its that simple. if you dont wana fight, dont come here.

Also if that guy was talking about the macrobinocular GSI daily you dont actually have to go into outlaws den to complete the quest.
<BOG> <Concept>

trigstar
05.03.2013 , 01:01 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by MitchPB View Post
Also if that guy was talking about the macrobinocular GSI daily you dont actually have to go into outlaws den to complete the quest.
Yes you do, it's a simple spot but with outlaws den and most of the zones that are Open are completely empty on most days.

What I do with PvP when I see my flag is still up from exitting due to having to enter a zone, no issue going Overt, but when I take a look at someone trying to do something. I look at it as they are busy, if they want a fight let them come, but do it when I'M NOT BUSY as I did for all of you, hell, fought a droid on gree event 10 times, getting killed each time when being that close to ending it and getting out of there, pushed me over the limit of restraint. I mean, I enjoy a good PvP match every now and then, especially when it's without the expertise, but stressing someone out that much is uncalled for, in my experience that is. Find more think of it as a laugh or fun, think again, PvP in this game is a joke, if you have to use the expertise everytime to do something, in my opinion that is.
Hello I am Rędd/ Old-Red, Founder of Republic Honor on the server Harbinger
http://cerberusrh.enjin.com
RIP: SWG, Ahazi

Playthefool
05.04.2013 , 11:01 AM | #17
A note to the original poster:
What was not appreciated about your senseless and constant attacks is that you were assisting Imps in killing your own faction and doing so on the non pvp geared folks. I stood there waiting for you, even called you out. You instead avoided me and went after the easy marks that were questing. The Eh-Team showed no honor at all in the situation by assisting Imps. Open world PvP, I'm all for it. In fact I was there chasing an imp through 3 instances. Your free to justify your actions in any way that you want but I am quite sure that even us hardcore PvP'ers find no glory in defeating defenseless members of our own faction.

chuixupu
05.04.2013 , 12:21 PM | #18
Oh believe me, they are in WoW too. You should see all the crying during the Midsummer Fire festival and the Pilgrim's Bounty event because they require you to go into cross faction areas for the achievements.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

respwn
05.04.2013 , 10:56 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Playthefool View Post
A note to the original poster:
What was not appreciated about your senseless and constant attacks is that you were assisting Imps in killing your own faction and doing so on the non pvp geared folks. I stood there waiting for you, even called you out. You instead avoided me and went after the easy marks that were questing. The Eh-Team showed no honor at all in the situation by assisting Imps. Open world PvP, I'm all for it. In fact I was there chasing an imp through 3 instances. Your free to justify your actions in any way that you want but I am quite sure that even us hardcore PvP'ers find no glory in defeating defenseless members of our own faction.
Um there were not senseless, u get achievements now for world kills and outlaw's den kills. I was also killing everyone equally and got killed many times as well. Just because some Reps died before some imps did doesnt mean a thing other than tactics. Also I do not own a single pcs of PVP gear, let me reiterate, I do not own any pvp gear at all. Inspect me and you'll see my valor is rank 10. Also, I'm a commando which is one of the weaker classes for PVP anyhow. It was all in good fun to kill people before they found the treasure. Its a pvp zone, ur supposed to do that.

I have no idea who you are and if you called me out I didnt see it, I wish I would have, it would have been more fun.

Bottom line, Bioware is encouraging pvp by putting objectives in pvp zones. They want you to attack people and I wasn't attacking ppl with macrobinocular quests I was attacking people with seeker droids. Not sure if you are aware but there is only one real "treasure" in such a zone, so if u dont kill other players they may find it before you which is why you want to kill them, no one likes waiting 2 hours for the treasure to respawn. It makes sense to kill people in a pvp zone. In a warzone u have objectives, what do you think the objective is in a world pvp zone? There is no point to capture, so it must be to own the zone or kill others before they find the treasure. Which is what i was doing. Remember, I was dieing too, we died several times and had to run back in. We even died to people in pvp gear, we went back in and tried again and we killed some of them.

I'm glad we had this talk, I think we can both walk away from this a little more educated.
HAN SHOT FIRST

Jaevyn
05.05.2013 , 01:54 AM | #20

Killed that guy the other night in open world pvp when he was using his seeker droid to search for stuff. The guy is just a hater and a very sore loser.