Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BIOWARE, this is why u cant put things in world pvp zones, the carebears cry

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Harbinger
BIOWARE, this is why u cant put things in world pvp zones, the carebears cry

respwn
04.29.2013 , 05:44 PM | #1
If you are in an open pvp zone then u are in a pvp zone, its that simple. if you dont wana fight, dont come here.

http://imageshack.us/a/img96/3044/sc...3042916381.jpg
HAN SHOT FIRST

AngelFluttershy
04.29.2013 , 08:50 PM | #2
I find the player's name hilarious as I imagine you holding this conversation with the World Boss.

MitchPB
04.30.2013 , 08:04 AM | #3
Its amazing how many people don't understand the meaning of PVP
<BOG> | <Concept>

AltruisticRage
04.30.2013 , 08:26 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MitchPB View Post
Its amazing how many people don't understand the meaning of PVP
It's also amazing that the majority of "world PvP" is people killing defenseless people, or preoccupied people.

It's also amazing that most "hardcore" PvPers consider killing defenseless people "real PvP".

I like my opponents to have an equal footing so that when I beat you, you know it is because I am better than you.

I don't know the particulars of what this thread is about, but I am pretty certain my post is accurate to the situation without even knowing it.
Altruistic <C O V E N A N T> // Sage Healer // The Harbinger
"PvP like you are PvPing for your fake dead girlfriend"

Giopett_BSM
04.30.2013 , 09:41 AM | #5
Full premade w/ 4 concealment operatives = Best pvping experience available on Tatoine lol
GiopettbsmSwagfatherGiopettLuvSosa

<We Haz Cookies> <Wrath of Xedrix>

respwn
04.30.2013 , 10:19 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AltruisticRage View Post
It's also amazing that the majority of "world PvP" is people killing defenseless people, or preoccupied people.

It's also amazing that most "hardcore" PvPers consider killing defenseless people "real PvP".

I like my opponents to have an equal footing so that when I beat you, you know it is because I am better than you.

I don't know the particulars of what this thread is about, but I am pretty certain my post is accurate to the situation without even knowing it.
Sorry but I dont inspect every player before I am about to attack them, I'm not even talking about open world pvp, if you are in a pvp zone (A ZONE DEDICATED TO PVP) the assumption is that you understand the risks that come with it. If you are under geared or have no interest in PVPing then you should not be in the zone, period.

I'm not gona ask every person if its ok that I attack them before i do (thats called dueling), its called the element of surprise and some classes are completely built around it. He had a saber or a gun, he was flagged, he was not defenseless. Undergeared and underskilled? Ya, most likely, but that's not exactly my fault.
HAN SHOT FIRST

DeepFreese
04.30.2013 , 02:19 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AltruisticRage View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yptXkLglKkA
Creus
The Squirtle Squad[The Harbinger}

DarthBloodloss
04.30.2013 , 03:18 PM | #8
I noticed this alot doing the seekers and macrobinoculars. People flag in the PvP zone but then move to the next area of the quest while still flagged.

Since there are now PvP achievements for open world, I'll attack any flagged enemy I see. I never, ever, ever used to do this because I really don't want to ruin anyone fun.

But now the game tracks my kills...so ITS ON! I killed maybe 4-6 solo players in the open world quest areas. I don't think even one of them responded before they were at half health. Its such a slaughter that I felt bad each and every time.

BUT you can just respawn and come back in, un-flagged. Not really a huge deal to lose 5 mins of your time.

And as far as the gree PvP area....I used to feel that Imps shouldn't attack Imps and Pubs shouldn't attack pubs. But then I sat and thought. Why don't those players simply not enter the PvP area.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

AltruisticRage
04.30.2013 , 03:53 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DeepFreese View Post
Nice try.
Altruistic <C O V E N A N T> // Sage Healer // The Harbinger
"PvP like you are PvPing for your fake dead girlfriend"

Yamahara
05.01.2013 , 12:12 AM | #10
I always let others attack me first.
Lukewarm Tauntauns Former GM. Currently regstar.