Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafters please read - mass manipulation generator removal

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Crafters please read - mass manipulation generator removal

Naoshiki
04.29.2013 , 02:13 PM | #1
Mass manipulation generator needs to be removed from level 30 crafted components.

This needs to be done or level 30 craftables need to be removed from the game. I state this because the only way to my knowledge to get these components is to clear HM SV or HM TFB. Now the logic is if you can clear either operation you will be getting an abundance of gear that contains level 31 components so why would you need a level 30 component crafting material. Why not just use them to crafter level 31 gear at a future date.

If you believe that by removing the mass manipulation generator is a bad idea because it allows peeps to gear quicker then you can easily just double the current mats. It will take some time to get 8 equalizers.
Don't Holocall and Speeder. It's the Law! - Audacious - Prophecy of the Five
Raiju, Feracity & Brynhžldr 55 Sorcs, Chervil 55 Sniper, Bvlgaris 55 Op
Silva'daeus 55 Bounty Hunter, Xavellia 55 Jug, Gianetta 55 PT
Malyponopos 55 Sent, Baby'BŠtter 55 GS, Raijillia 55 Sage

scraycroft
04.29.2013 , 02:55 PM | #2
God forbid they actually add some difficulty in crafting.
Malystriz PuffinStuff
The Bastion
Quote: Originally Posted by ChewyYui View Post
They added alacrity to the gear so you can taunt things faster and accuracy is there so the fast taunts don't miss, fly off and taunt a tree or something.

dscount
04.29.2013 , 02:58 PM | #3
I don't think that will happen due to the complexity and number of changes to schematics / balancing mats.

I SUGGEST the following instead:

DROP in all 55 OP instances (TFB/S&V - HM/SM) at least 2 in each and keep 4 in total for S&V HM.
  • TFB - Drop one at each of the Two Original Chest locations (Loot groups now)
  • S&V - Both Armstraders would drop one Mass Generator with Exotics

Right now many teams are just skipping S&V Armstraders since Exotics are like ~20k on GTN and not worth it.

I suspect the limited number of Mass M. Generators was on purpose to keep down the explosive gearing of level 30 crafting market (congrats - prices are like 800k each now). The actual impact has driven prices up on those as well the related items used to craft with them. (Common to see $1+ million level 30 crafted items)
Reference Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT (BW Details > HERE )
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...

Naoshiki
04.29.2013 , 03:01 PM | #4
Well whatever the solution BW needs to figure this out because the current model makes crafting level 30 components impractical.
Don't Holocall and Speeder. It's the Law! - Audacious - Prophecy of the Five
Raiju, Feracity & Brynhžldr 55 Sorcs, Chervil 55 Sniper, Bvlgaris 55 Op
Silva'daeus 55 Bounty Hunter, Xavellia 55 Jug, Gianetta 55 PT
Malyponopos 55 Sent, Baby'BŠtter 55 GS, Raijillia 55 Sage

dscount
04.29.2013 , 03:03 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Naoshiki View Post
Well whatever the solution BW needs to figure this out because the current model makes crafting level 30 components impractical.
I agree.. Run a couple HM FP's and "Poof" we have instant gear. (Even if it's not Min/Max)

Plan "B" is run dailies for 2-3 days to afford the Mats and find a crafter to make for you a single item or you purchase for all those credits you just made after 2-3 days. LOL

Cost of crafting 28 stuff is just crazy cheap as well to make.
Reference Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT (BW Details > HERE )
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...

TheNahash
04.29.2013 , 03:05 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by scraycroft View Post
The issue with mass manipulators is not that they are difficult to obtain.
The issue is with the things they are useful for, which let's face it, are pretty ******.

Who's gonna waste millions of credits to craft second best gear? And even if someone does, who would be willing to pay the high price to buy the crafted mod if they can get a better one by running an operation?

Also, even if we let this aside and consider the lvl 30 mods somewhat "useful", the difficulty in obtaining the mass manipulators only results in people crafting for mats, which doesn't promote a healthy economy where the prices are determined by the market (GTN).

Radzkie
04.29.2013 , 03:21 PM | #7
I like that the mat drops in them. Someone in the raid gets to make nice creds off of it. It's just an added incentive to do the HMs.

It also makes sense to me; the mat will remain fairly rare this way.

So I vote to keep it in the HMs.

KeyboardNinja
04.29.2013 , 03:22 PM | #8
It is ridiculous, the way that crafting is currently setup. Mass Manipulation generators do drop on the last two bosses of SM S&V 16 man, but not 8 man. This limits the market flow to such an extent that the economy is practically non-existent. It is impossible for the economy to be in any sort of functional state as things currently stand. The raw mats are practically unobtainable. It is vastly easier to simply farm Elite coms or even get Arkanian drops than it is to obtain mats for crafted mods. I'm not sure why this was ever considered a good design, but it *isn't* working.

My opinion is that the rarity of the Mass Manipulation generator would be appropriate if they were used in the crafting of 31s (but not 30s). It takes about as much time to farm enough Ultimate coms to get a few mods as it would take to get the same number of Mass Manipulation generators (adjusting for RNG). Thus, crafting would be an essentially equal route to obtaining level 72 gear. Of course, level 72 gear isn't craftable, so the point is moot.

The really salient thing is that level 69 gear should be craftable solely with the blue exotic mats. Without this change, we will never see the GTN economy return to the health it was in pre-2.0.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Streaming Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

Alec_Fortescue
04.29.2013 , 03:33 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by scraycroft View Post
This is ridiculous. The difficulty in crafting grade 30 is totally inadequate to their worth. Manipulators are too rare which makes them expensive. It's not about difficulty in crafting, it's about difficulty in SELLING. No one is gonna pay million + for the enhancements which is far from best-in-slot and will be replaced soon.

Just because you see modifications on gtn put on for large sums it doesn't mean they sell and someone is making good credits on them.

I'd say don't bother crafting until they fix things or manipulator prices will go down drastically. 200k is what they are actually worth, I say, despite their rarity. They are rare but they craft TRASH.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=788459&page=2 - Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

OneShotXV
04.29.2013 , 03:50 PM | #10
At least it's better than the crafting situation pre 2.0... Top tier gear should NOT be craftable, ever. If you want that gear you should have to earn it by killing the bosses (being able to ship gear across toons in legacy shells is still a problem, but at least you have to be able to down the content on one character to gear up another). That said, I wouldn't mind if the generators were not used for mods/enhancements, much like the matrices were only for armorings and hilts, but mods and enhancements were just stabalizers. 69 gear is kinda trash anyway given how easy the two "hard" mode operations are right now, so allowing people to craft full 69s isnt an issue since it takes like a week to get them the real way anyway.

What I would actually drastically prefer to any change in crafting would be the ability to reforge enhancements similar to what you can do with gear in WoW. For instance, say you have an enhancement with 46 End, 52 Pwr, 79 Surge. For some credits and maybe a few crafting mats, you should be able to switch equivalent stats, i.e. change the surge to accuracy, alacrity, or shield and change the power to crit, defense, or absorb. I feel like this would eliminate the need for crafting pretty much entirely, since the only true and important benefit to pre-2.0 crafting was if you were an enhancement or mod short of being fully min/maxed you did not have to take an entire piece of gear that someone else could use a lot more only to vendor the shell and mod and swap out your enhancements.

As an example of this, I play a marauder and have the underworld head. It's a good armoring (might 31) a deft mod 31, but the enhancement is power and alacrity. As it is now I will need to get either a second main hand, off hand, or chest to get the power surge enhancement I want, and then waste potentially a 72 hilt that someone else could use simply because someone thought it was a good idea to put alacrity on marauder gear. Consuming crafting mats to realign your stats on gear of a level you have already earned enables optimization for end game gear without the need to waste 66-75% of a loot drop, but would still make it so only people who can clear the content can obtain the gear of an appropriate level, and provides a good use for the rarer crafting mats that as of now are kinda useless.

Obviously the idea isnt perfect, and perhaps more obviously im sure no one at Bioware will read this or care, but I think that may be a much better solution than just making it easy for everyone to craft themselves great gear they dont deserve practically for free.
<Chosen>
Skyf‚ll - Sniper
IzzÝ - Marauder
H‚lo - Sorcerer