Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Golden Fury = GoFur

rageharles
04.28.2013 , 07:41 PM | #1
So, I've noticed considerable confusion regarding what to call the new world boss. Calling it TB is too similar to TFB, and calling it GF makes it sound like Group Finder. In order to streamline the ever-present LFG spam, and for colloquial use within guild discussion, I have created the GoFur designation. This makes distinguishing specific details easy without excess confusion.

Some have opted to call this content 'Fury', but this presents problems as well. To call the content, 'Fury', would confuse individuals into thinking it was simply a gathering on a starship of the same name. A quick Google search of 'SWTOR Fury' explains my worry exactly.

The GoFur designation removes all confusion, and sounds like the word Gopher, which the boss slightly resembles anyway.

Please post an appropriate discussion below, and in the meantime, enjoy using this helpful improvement in game.

Aurojiin
04.28.2013 , 07:51 PM | #2
6/10.

Wouldn't read again, but the competently constructed English puts it above-average.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

metwars
04.28.2013 , 07:58 PM | #3
No. I believe that it should be called fury, or golden fury since that's not that bad. Hell you could call it TC for toborros courtyard. Much better then gofur

grallmate
04.28.2013 , 08:00 PM | #4
Made me smile, but don't think I'd use it. I prefer TC.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

rageharles
04.28.2013 , 08:34 PM | #5
If I may help illustrate the similarities:
Picture of Golden Fury (GoFur)

Picture of an actual gopher

Anysao
04.28.2013 , 09:14 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by rageharles View Post
If I may help illustrate the similarities:
Picture of Golden Fury (GoFur)

Picture of an actual gopher
Adorable picture, and I think I'll use this term for now on! :P
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP!That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?

I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.

JouerTue
04.29.2013 , 01:23 AM | #7
i think i've been already spammed in general by ''tc'' for the weekly's name..

ChickenWangs
04.29.2013 , 01:43 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by rageharles View Post
So, I've noticed considerable confusion regarding what to call the new world boss. Calling it TB is too similar to TFB, and calling it GF makes it sound like Group Finder. In order to streamline the ever-present LFG spam, and for colloquial use within guild discussion, I have created the GoFur designation. This makes distinguishing specific details easy without excess confusion.

Some have opted to call this content 'Fury', but this presents problems as well. To call the content, 'Fury', would confuse individuals into thinking it was simply a gathering on a starship of the same name. A quick Google search of 'SWTOR Fury' explains my worry exactly.

The GoFur designation removes all confusion, and sounds like the word Gopher, which the boss slightly resembles anyway.

Please post an appropriate discussion below, and in the meantime, enjoy using this helpful improvement in game.
5/10
I'm not sure if you were making a furry joke or calling it a gofer (the animal)
It kinda looks like a gofer.
The Dominator Legacy
Robertson - Vanguard
Markussemaj - Mercenary
Jamesemaj - Sentinel