Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Elite commendations = capped again

NoFishing
04.29.2013 , 06:59 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
You know that's the point of cap, that some people are capped before it's reset. I'm not saying I agree, but the fact is you play a lot compared to average player.
My main is usually capped on Wednesday, never later than Thursday. After which, I lose motivation to run my main on anything that doesn't reward ultimate comms, or is likely to be highly "entertaining". The cap is way too low...needs to be at least 250, preferably 300.

abokado
04.30.2013 , 02:44 AM | #12
Yep, last week I was capped pretty early and thus kinda annoyed because I couldn't get the comms fro the boss kills, this week (well, it's thursday now..), I only did the weekly hm fp and my raids and I jut barely made it with the cap in yesterday's raid. I mean, it's good I *don't* have to farm fps every day and I was kinda busy and only really been doing my regular ops, but what about weeks where I have more time and want to play more? They should do something about it. Just because someone has more time doesn't mean he doesn't deserve more rewards than cap.

uniz
04.30.2013 , 07:31 AM | #13
if people were not running into the cap then there would be no reason to have them.

tanktest
05.01.2013 , 01:35 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by KostonxEld View Post
I love these fuchs that say "slow down" or "go on a date" lol. If you don't have something useful to comment then don't!

I like the caps they upped so far, but subbing to a game should come with NO restrictions IMHO!! End all the restrictive caps! You want us to play your game right? Why slow us down if we have more time to play than others?!

I agree there should be no limits if we sub but the caps haven't really slowed a lot of players on my server that are in high end guilds with a lot of 55 and there is no cap on your legacy, they blow thu S and V On HM on alts as well as mains . these caps really did nothing but the stop us from gearing up in one hour and as before they will complain were gearing to fast .

tanktest
05.01.2013 , 01:37 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by uniz View Post
if people were not running into the cap then there would be no reason to have them.

IS that realty stopping them ? NO ..

TridusSWTOR
05.01.2013 , 04:20 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by pan_sObak View Post
You are not penalized.
You are not restrict to any content (if you are Sub, not F2P).
You are not restricted to amount of tokens (i.e. gear) you can get from any number of raids you do per day.

run operations and get your gear
your ability to get raid content gear doing solo playing should be restricted as it is

week limit is enough to buy some pieces that can not be fet in ops - relics and so on

play for fun, not for comms!
What if getting comms = fun for a player? What then?

Limits are a horrible idea for subs. You are basically telling people to do something else than play the game you paid for.

What if the same thing happened to a gym membership? Oh you got a six-pack? Yea, how about we don't allow you to use our equipment for a few weeks, since you know....you been working out too much.

Just doesn't make sense.

sumuji
05.01.2013 , 04:56 AM | #17
Yeah I'd say it's good to throttle unhealthy playing style. You can't have everyone fully geared 3 weeks into the expansion. If you could race into all of that stuff then you wouldn't care much about running flashpoints anymore and that would be bad for the game. I don't even know waht to think that people are getting 200 so easily that they fill like they need to take a break until the reset. And complaining about it when they're already on pace to be fully geared in a month or so minus chances at drops or crafted mods.

MichelvanMeerten
05.01.2013 , 08:39 AM | #18
Go on a date? I don't think my wife would like that.

I just did 1 ops today, 1 hardmode FP. Got the weekly Toroboro, Galactic Conflicts (3 hm weekly, istantly complete before I even picked it up, yes bugged, I know), Weekly GroupFinder quest and the bonus boss. 1 hour of gameplay = 35 Elite coms.

Tonight we have Scum and probably TFB tomorrow or the day after. I do 1 hardmode flashpoint a day. Meaning I will be capped on Saturday again.

I got 4 repub at 50, 1 imp at 50 and 3 imps 40+ leveled to 50 jusf or the storylines. Not bothering to much with leveling them to 55. Neither will I be gearing them to the teeth.

Remove that idiotic weekly cap so I keep playing.

mikebevo
05.01.2013 , 10:35 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
At this point, all I use them for is belts/bracers so I can rip the unlettered mod out.
Thanks I was wondering where to get the unlettered mods at this go around.

TrooperSev
05.01.2013 , 05:40 PM | #20
Honestly, if you're running enough content that you're getting capped on elite coms, most likely you don't need them anyways. You should be getting gear drops from the fp's and ops.
Dark Helmet - "So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."