Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Increase Kolto Wave, Psych Aid's Healing and change Frontline Medic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Increase Kolto Wave, Psych Aid's Healing and change Frontline Medic

RichardNoggin
04.28.2013 , 11:41 AM | #1
Kolto Wave and Psych Aid needs their healing increased to make them effective. Unless people are right on top of you Kolto Wave is useless and you dont want to waste the time to run up to use it unless you have an opening. Right now the healing on it isnt enough to make you want to run up to use it on a group and with growing health pools the heal is barely noticeable. Even when I have people on me and I use Concussion Charge to make room the heal from Kolto Wave is so small compared to damage from other players that it doesnt make a difference. Med Zone looks like its a better investment of 2 points than Kolto Wave.

As far as Psych Aid goes im usually asking myself if I was even healed at all after using Field Aid. Again with the increased health pools I cant even tell if im getting healed from this. I still take the talent to remove negative mental effects part of it but the healing part is so small that I can care less about it.

Last but not least change Frontline Medic please. Its been said over and over but Ill say it again. Its useless in PvE and only good for 1v1 in PvP. The chances of breaking a CC make you stay away from using it in fights. Atleast disconnect it from Trauma Probe and Probe Medic so I can use those 2 points on something that is useful.

My spec: http://http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800bfRoRdfdkfhzZMccZb.3
PvP

Afieri
04.28.2013 , 04:43 PM | #2
The talents that you mentioned could all get a buff in healing done and that would make me a happy panda, but as it stands, in PVE and PVP these token heals are usually tacked onto another ability that has a specific purpose that far outweighs the paltry explicit heal done. Concussion charge is used primarily as a knockback, and not as a heal. You have AMP, MP, BI, KB, HS and if you really need a big heal on the run, you can throw Reserve Powercell and Tech Override together and use it on AMP or MP, so we don't really need to buff the healing done on concussion charge. You have to remember that using it offensively gives greater results than saving it to heal more than 4 people ( I say more than 4 people because that is the limit of Kolto bomb). The reason why it gives greater results when used offensively is because it does damage to the enemy and heals yourself, thus widening your HP difference. So I don't need a massive need to buff the healing numbers from that.

Field Aid (I think?) is another that has a paltry heal attached that wont do much to keep someone who is at death's door alive, but again, it serves a different purpose. In the heat of the moment when every GCD counts and you can't be waiting for cast times, instant heals are lovely, but Field Aid is more of a mitigation skill, as opposed to a proper HP regen ability. It mitigates the damage that would have been done by a DoT by removing it. So when you see Field Aid heal you for 500 or so health, you aren't seeing the health it has healed you for if you imagine that the two DoTs that were previously on you, were allowed to tick for their full duration.

Also just looking at your spec, would http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#80...fdkcMzZMccZb.3be more useful?
Warstalker Elai'a

Land rights for gay whales.

K_osss
04.30.2013 , 11:44 AM | #3
Hey RichardNoggin, saw you in a Novare Wz last night - thanks for the heals! I was a sentinel you kept up . Like the suggestions as well.

cs_zoltan
05.10.2013 , 04:57 AM | #4
Frontline Medic is still a joke though. It should be removed completely. My 2 ideas are either a proc to reset the cd on BI or some heat management talent

Macroeconomics
05.10.2013 , 07:48 PM | #5
I suggest giving Kolto Bomb a chance to make your next Medical Probe cat instantly. The problem with the subclass is that it is ineffective at healing whenever your shield is down. Which is fully 90% of the time.

SpaniardInfinity
05.11.2013 , 10:51 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
I suggest giving Kolto Bomb a chance to make your next Medical Probe cat instantly. The problem with the subclass is that it is ineffective at healing whenever your shield is down. Which is fully 90% of the time.
I'd disagree only because if you are Supercharged you shouldn't have any problems whatsoever. If anything it would help if you could build charges faster, potentially 1 from each tick of Preventive Medicine (3 total) and maybe 6 from Bacta Infusion.

As for the topic at hand, I think Kolto Wave's healing should be increased in some way. It would also be nice if it applied Kolto Residue to everyone that was effected (50% or 100% chance depending on talents). Psych Aid's healing is fine, in my opinion; a critical Field Aid should cleanse a third debuff, however. Couldn't agree more on Frontline Medic. It's poor design but somewhat useful in PvP. In PvE it is utterly useless.
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

SafeJungleFever
05.11.2013 , 02:16 PM | #7
Here's what I know:

Everytime BI hits for the same as my freaking KB does, a part of me dies inside.

Our healing is still far outpaced by the other two. Although at least I consier it playable by a beginner now (like myself)

Macroeconomics
05.11.2013 , 04:19 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SpaniardInfinity View Post
I'd disagree only because if you are Supercharged you shouldn't have any problems whatsoever.
What? Because of AMP? That heal is pathetic. Even with supercharge up, you are stuck with one decent heal, castable every 6 seconds. That is 25% up time on healing. It is not good.

SpaniardInfinity
05.11.2013 , 06:44 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
What? Because of AMP? That heal is pathetic. Even with supercharge up, you are stuck with one decent heal, castable every 6 seconds. That is 25% up time on healing. It is not good.
Well AMP actually does more healing than BI when you count its HoT and it's essentially a second MP. There's no reason not to use it when Supercharged. Its the same if you don't use Kolto Bomb.
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

AlaricSevGirl
05.11.2013 , 09:49 PM | #10
Uggh, I was having so much trouble tonight. I hate the healing on a commando, really. Compared to my sage, it is not effective. I love her, but I'm going to level my sage up for end game because the commando just doesn't cut it. They need to do some major revamping of the commando heal system to make it inline with the others.
GSS Legacy, Jedi Covenant