Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Give medics a HoT...would it be OP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Give medics a HoT...would it be OP?

SWEtree
04.28.2013 , 04:14 AM | #1
Im talking about same HoT as sages have.
Feel free to tell me im wrong and why im wrong

Afieri
04.28.2013 , 05:30 AM | #2
I would love to see an independently casted HoT, purely because it would make my healing easier . However I don't particularly feel that we need it. Commando's are primarily a single target healer (Aka tank healer, even though we can heal any target), and so the situational HoTs that we do have (The proc from AMP, Trauma Probe and Kolto Pods) are generally always ticking on a specific player. With exception to trauma probe (and Kolto bomb thrown onto a group larger than 4 players), the HoTs that we have are inextricably linked to other healing abilities which are used relatively frequently throughout a sustainable healing phase, which means they have a good relative uptime (I use AMP on cool down, whether it will over heal or not purely for the armour buff and the HoT). Giving us an independently casted HoT sets us further on the path of potential group healing, which doesn't synergise with our current skillset.

In addition to everything I just said, Hammer Shot is a beautiful HoT that has very short uptime and must be refreshed every GCD. I personally feel that an independently casted HoT is not warranted with our current healing style and skills.

Not the best worded argument I am sorry, I could claim that English isn't my first language, but it is and I wrestle with it every day
Warstalker Elai'a

Land rights for gay whales.

SWEtree
04.28.2013 , 05:48 AM | #3
Hehe you have a point there,very good arguments=)

Afieri
04.28.2013 , 06:05 AM | #4
It's kind of sad when I can come up with an argument to not get another healing ability
Warstalker Elai'a

Land rights for gay whales.

SWEtree
04.28.2013 , 06:40 AM | #5
Yes.....damn you!!

RichardNoggin
04.28.2013 , 11:03 AM | #6
I dont know if it would be OP or not considering how OP sages are atm. AMP, Trauma Probe, Kolto Residue (AOE), Hammer Shot. The only thing in our arsenal we dont really have is a true HoT.

Macroeconomics
04.29.2013 , 09:59 AM | #7
I'd like to see Kolto Missile have a chance to make your next Rapid Scan be an instant cast. The class is too reliant on having your shield up to be able to cast your single target heals. And it's hard to argue that the class doesn't need a boost to be competitive with the other two healing classes.

GeckoOBac
04.29.2013 , 11:02 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
I'd like to see Kolto Missile have a chance to make your next Rapid Scan be an instant cast. The class is too reliant on having your shield up to be able to cast your single target heals. And it's hard to argue that the class doesn't need a boost to be competitive with the other two healing classes.
the only thing the healing spec lacks is a reliable way to self heal himself cheaply. Something like getting a copy of trauma probe on yourself, using hammer shot on yourself or something like the TF2 medic heal: you get a feedback heal when healing somebody else (I guess hammer shot would be the target for this).

Beside that, I think they're quite fine. The AoE heal is not all that bad either, most new content requires you to stay fairly spread out so the low CD on kolto bomb is actually better than the longer one on kolto cloud (though ofc scoundrels have other tools).
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger

ChicagoBearsFan
04.29.2013 , 11:03 AM | #9
Kolto bomb has a HoT on it for unlimited number of players who stand in kolto cloud (area of effect is bigger that target circle). EXCELLENT heal! Throw it on every CD.

Trauma probe is a "reactive" HoT that s great for throwing on the tank who has agro.

Hammer shot (green beam) is a HoT. While it is not a "fire and forget" HoT it is VERY good, costs no ammo, tics quickly and is our "standard" heal in rotation when not casting the big heals. I'm in 69s and now hitting HS for 325ish and criting for 610. Spam it all day long!

The bulk of my healing is done with hammershot, kolto bomb, trauma probe, and bacta infusion. Only need to bring out AMP and MP when burst healing is needed. Never have ammo problems.

We have no NEED for another HoT. Commandos are excellent healers in PVE.

I ran S&V last night with guild and was parsing over 2600 HPS for all fights and did over 13 million total heals (all bosses 1 shoted except last boss took 2 tries) I was even DPSing a lot during many fights. That is on par with any other healing class. Adding another HoT would truly make commando combat medic OP.

PvP, they just need to "hide" green beam and change our healing animation then CMs would be putting up much better numbers consistantly. fact is CMs are easiest healers to spot in WZs, but they are still viable healers if well played.
Bearsfan - Commando Healer / DPS
Chicago - Shadow Tank
BeÓrs - Scoundrel Healer
<The Jedi of Camelot>JawaSpanker Legacy ~ POT5 Server

ChicagoBearsFan
04.29.2013 , 11:06 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by GeckoOBac View Post
the only thing the healing spec lacks is a reliable way to self heal himself cheaply. Something like getting a copy of trauma probe on yourself, using hammer shot on yourself or something like the TF2 medic heal: you get a feedback heal when healing somebody else (I guess hammer shot would be the target for this).

Beside that, I think they're quite fine.
I totally agree, being able to self heal with HS would be a welcome change. Smugglers can self heal with their free cast diagnostic scan so why shouldn't we be able to?
Although, it would make us hell to kill in PVP if we could run around self healing with HS, might be kinda nice!
Bearsfan - Commando Healer / DPS
Chicago - Shadow Tank
BeÓrs - Scoundrel Healer
<The Jedi of Camelot>JawaSpanker Legacy ~ POT5 Server