Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Nightmare EC Title?


Twickers's Avatar


Twickers
05.01.2013 , 01:29 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Justcae View Post
That actually does ruin my snowflake.

The fact that any random scrub (see above) can obtain the title cheapens it. Grats to all the new 55 Warstalkers. You certainly earned your achievement.

*golf clap*
I'm glad to hear it, I personally love deflating egotistical people like you. And I'll be showing off my title just to annoy people like you as well.
The loneliest people are the KINDEST, the saddest people smile the BRIGHTEST, the most damaged people are the WISEST, ALL because they do not wish to see another soul suffer the same way they did. - Author Unknown

Olostur's Avatar


Olostur
05.01.2013 , 01:30 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Riivan View Post
Sad day. Hopefully with the next nightmare mode they'll lock the title down. It's kind of lame to share that with people that needed 5 extra levels on the content to be able to clear it.
You guys are elitist bastards to be upset that people who can do the content with a 5-level advantage should be able to bask in the title's bliss. Everyone should get every reward regardless of how hard they try, how well they do, or how easy it may be now.

Jerks! Entitled fools rule the world, didn't you know?
~ Darth Decimal ~

Justcae's Avatar


Justcae
05.01.2013 , 01:34 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Twickers View Post
I'm glad to hear it, I personally love deflating egotistical people like you. And I'll be showing off my title just to annoy people like you as well.
Actually now that I know that it has been completely cheapened it does not actually bother me. It is just another failure on Bioware's part. I do not blame you for feeling good about your title. What with the zero effort and time required now, it is certainly something to be proud of.

I might have to break out my "Black Bisector" title in celebration.

Koordynator's Avatar


Koordynator
05.01.2013 , 08:21 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Twickers View Post
I'm glad to hear it, I personally love deflating egotistical people like you. And I'll be showing off my title just to annoy people like you as well.
aka proud of being noob

KeyboardNinja's Avatar


KeyboardNinja
05.01.2013 , 09:47 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Koordynator View Post
aka proud of being noob
Wow, this thread has really gone downhill in a hurry!

Let's be clear about a couple of things. There are a lot of guilds that, for one reason or another, didn't have time to get the title prior to the expansion. For some guilds, it's because they weren't able to clear the content. For others, it's because they simply ran out of time. I think my guild is actually a pretty good example of this. We're a much newer PvE guild than most. It wasn't until January that we geared people to the point where we could clear HM TfB. Pushing content takes a lot more time when you're not starting from an even gear playing field, which is something that a lot of progression raiders tend to forget. Once we were ready, we went into Nightmare EC and progressed far more rapidly than other guilds that I had seen (even the guild that I originally got the title with). The trenchcutters on Nightmare Kephess took just two attempts before we were consistently clearing that phase with no deaths. The group was absolutely capable of snagging the title; we simply ran out of time, between the expansion and several personal vacations disrupting the raid schedule. I doubt we're the only guild in that situation.

To be clear, I got the title a few weeks after the content dropped. I'm well aware of the achievement that it represents, and I confess that I know where some of you are coming from when you say that the achievement is cheapened by making it available to the buffed classes at level 55. Maybe that's true, maybe it isn't. It still is absolutely no excuse for elitist prancing. My title doesn't mean that I'm better or more skilled than anyone in my guild, it just means that I happened to be running with a group that was geared, skilled and put in a LOT of time right as the content dropped. There are a lot of variables in that list of criteria that have absolutely nothing to do with me.

I'm proud of my title. I feel like I worked hard to earn it. But I'm not going to wave it in anyone's face. Nor am I going to disparage their personal abilities because they don't have it.

I would, however, like some confirmation as to whether it has been removed.

Update: One of my guildies got a response on his CSR ticket:

Quote:
Got a response on my bug ticket for the warstalker title. Said we should have got it if under 2 hours, reviewed my logs and couldn't give it to me, to try it again.
Thatůsounds very CSR. We'll probably just refile the ticket, especially when we have extremely precise timing on exactly how long it took us.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Streaming Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

Twickers's Avatar


Twickers
05.01.2013 , 11:03 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Koordynator View Post
aka proud of being noob
Nope, proud of pissing off egotistical jerks like you.

I've gotten the titles back when they were relevant, now I can get them on characters who I couldn't because I could never play them during op runs or they weren't geared enough, again get over your special snowflake syndrome.
The loneliest people are the KINDEST, the saddest people smile the BRIGHTEST, the most damaged people are the WISEST, ALL because they do not wish to see another soul suffer the same way they did. - Author Unknown

metaIsaber's Avatar


metaIsaber
05.08.2013 , 05:19 AM | #17
Did it last night but didn't get the title as well. We all received the achievement for "Timed Explosive" which is for the 2hr run. So put in a ticket.

adrunktick's Avatar


adrunktick
05.16.2013 , 12:31 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Olostur View Post
You guys are elitist bastards to be upset that people who can do the content with a 5-level advantage should be able to bask in the title's bliss. Everyone should get every reward regardless of how hard they try, how well they do, or how easy it may be now.

Jerks! Entitled fools rule the world, didn't you know?
It's a title for a reason, to prove you're better than everyone else, just because you can't get it, doesn't mean, now you deserve it, you dont.

Ansalem's Avatar


Ansalem
05.16.2013 , 12:43 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by adrunktick View Post
It's a title for a reason, to prove you're better than everyone else, just because you can't get it, doesn't mean, now you deserve it, you dont.
It's okay let those scrubs bask in their titles...just delight in the fact that they will never get the Resurgent title.

AAAAzrael's Avatar


AAAAzrael
05.16.2013 , 05:28 AM | #20
It seems pretty random how achievements and titles work. I had both titles for KP and EV before patch, but now that we farm these in 16-man to level up new toons and gear up ALT's I sometimes do speedruns through them and eg. I got achievement for speed run through EV on second or third run through it, but not KP even though I have done it in about 30 minutes run in both 8 and 16 man. Last time we did EV-16 man NiM only one member of the group got achievement for Pylons - I still don't have it. Last night in 16-man S&V 2 ppl didn't get the achievement for 1st boss. I have no idea why this works like this and it's so random. They will probably sort this out ...eventually.