Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does Cartel Equips level with you?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Does Cartel Equips level with you?

DaRainbowSplash
04.27.2013 , 04:23 PM | #1
Hey guys, I'm just here to ask a quick question.
Does Cartel Market Equipment level with you? I want to buy that sanctified consular set or something along those lines at level one but I don't know if it'll level with me or not :/
Thanks in advance guys!

Tatile
04.27.2013 , 04:29 PM | #2
That's the orange armour shell, right? You need to put new mods into it for it to "level up" with you. So, yes, the Cartel Armour does level up with you, but you need to actively make sure it does.

DaRainbowSplash
04.27.2013 , 04:40 PM | #3
Thank you so much! I really appreciate the help :3

JamieKirby
04.27.2013 , 04:46 PM | #4
Which will be very expensive to do so, unless you can stomach the crafting to make the mods yourself....I personally just buy green gear, if that's not good enough to level up, crafting just saps my will to live.....but so does buying mods for over 5x the cost of making the thing.

Tatile
04.27.2013 , 04:57 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post
Which will be very expensive to do so, unless you can stomach the crafting to make the mods yourself....I personally just buy green gear, if that's not good enough to level up, crafting just saps my will to live.....but so does buying mods for over 5x the cost of making the thing.
I just go to the Planetary Modification Vendors. Sure, at first you can only really fill out the chest piece, but with all the comms being the same type, it's much easier to save up.

NOTACTICS
04.27.2013 , 06:04 PM | #6
Commendations are the best and cheapest way to gear up your character, by doing all the quest on each planet you can easily end up with 50 to 100 commendations that you can then spend at the fleet before moving on. There are commendation vendors for custom gear and mods to upgrade your gear for each planet at the fleet. Go to the vendor with the highest planet level you can currently do so that you get the best gear and mods you can. GTN prices can be crazy for good high level mods and arguments, but generally custom gear without mods should be well within the price range of credits you get for your level on the GTN. In theory with custom orange gear you can keep it with you throughout your story as you level up to 50 just by upgrading your mods each time.

I tend to buy the custom gear on the GTN and use my commendations for the mod upgrades.

Yes you cab craft augments kits but it is time consuming collecting metals and compounds to make gear then reverse engineer it to get the argument components, you need 10 components to make the eqivilent kits even at the low end to then to create the same level argument slot on your gear.

I am not saying do not craft but that there is no point overdoing crafting too much too early on as it all takes credits, credits which you often better of saving for GTN gear to level up instead. The lower level arguments are just not worth the effort for the sake of say a +5 rating increase in your main skill when you consider the time and crafting money it takes to make that kit . It only really worth putting the effort in once have schematics for the higher argument Kits and arguments, as prices for MK-9 arguments are well crazy.

Until then if you want argumented gear at lower levels its best to buy from the GTN it with the slot ready to then buy the argument then, it might cost more in one go but is likely still cheaper than all the craft mission required to craft lower lvl argument slots yourself.