Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Diplomacy: Effective way to go from completely Lightside to Darkside?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Diplomacy: Effective way to go from completely Lightside to Darkside?

Spoonuser
12.20.2011 , 11:00 PM | #1
Hello, I've got a few inquiries here. I'm generally more of a lightside guy, and I've been really enjoying the LS decisions so far, but I REALLY love the look of the sith corruption, and for RP etc. reasons I'd really like to achieve that look.

So, When I'm 50, and I have progressively less LS/DS decisions to make, (32, figure I could start right now) would diplomacy be enough to fully swing me from LS to DS? does anyone know of any other effective ways to do this? Any input on the subject would be excellent! thanks!

Also if there's anyway for me to move some files around in the game client's folders to actually have the sith corruption appear on my character(only in my game of course, it would function as a skin only I would see, no one else would) let me know, doing some investigation, assuming it isn't against ToS.
<SeriousTier>
US West|Hardcore|PvPServer|PvE Raid/PvP|Social

AnubisXy
12.21.2011 , 01:43 AM | #2
One easy suggestion: a lot of the complexions in the character creator over the veiny look of darkside corruption, so you could just choose one of those.
"He doesn't use the Force. He just uses... force."

illgot
12.21.2011 , 01:48 AM | #3
so far no. You could just run continuous low level flashpoints and get more LS/DS points if you wanted to farm it faster than using Diplomacy.

But that is just at my currently level of 200. I don't get that much, I think 20 points or so per mission.

I can farm out Black Talon and get better results faster.

Spoonuser
12.21.2011 , 02:55 AM | #4
How much DS does a run through Black Talon reward? Is it the most efficient Low level FP to Farm?
<SeriousTier>
US West|Hardcore|PvPServer|PvE Raid/PvP|Social

MareLooke
12.21.2011 , 03:03 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Spoonuser View Post
How much DS does a run through Black Talon reward? Is it the most efficient Low level FP to Farm?
There's two choices for a 100points each, so 200.
Alanya - Sorcerer [50]

FalmeseReb
12.21.2011 , 03:07 AM | #6
well, in beta i hit light 5 at lvl 35 or so with diplomacy so i would say yes, it would be an option.

Dignam
12.21.2011 , 03:33 AM | #7
it wont be fast but with 4/5 companions running DS diplomacy non-stop you could definitely switch over.

kirasakuya
12.21.2011 , 04:40 AM | #8
you can only have 3 companion doing job no ??

IvamAkorahil
12.21.2011 , 04:46 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by kirasakuya View Post
you can only have 3 companion doing job no ??
increases with lvl
Brotherhood eternal www.theredorder.net

Drakos
12.21.2011 , 06:33 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by illgot View Post
so far no. You could just run continuous low level flashpoints and get more LS/DS points if you wanted to farm it faster than using Diplomacy.

But that is just at my currently level of 200. I don't get that much, I think 20 points or so per mission.

I can farm out Black Talon and get better results faster.
BT runs net what... 200 points? If your companions can run 10 missions in that same time-frame or more, then Diplo is faster. Ideally, you could be doing both while carrying low level players through their first flashpoint.
Cadiva: The fundamental thing I have to ask is "am I enjoying playing this".

The only person who can tell you whether or not you should resub for TOR is you.